SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Pirates & Sailing Ships
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-02-06, 07:49 PM   #1
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
Default "Voyage Century" Free to Play Pirates MMORPG/Sim

Yet another new pirate game, the software seas are becoming fair infested with the rogues...
http://www.voyagecenturyonline.com

I wish they would release a ww2 sub/destroyer movie as popular as Pirates of the Caribbean so that we would be equally inundated with sub/skimmer sims!

Update 11/24
Apparently Voyage Century will be totally free to play!

Last edited by Sonarman; 11-24-06 at 07:27 PM.
Sonarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-07, 08:55 AM   #2
odinfish
Bosun

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

I agree...we need another U-Boat movie to peak interest again. I thought I read awhile back that Wolfgang Petersen wanted to make either a sequel to Das Boot or another of the same genre. What we don't need is garbage like U-57whatever <gag>

Anyway, Voyage Century isn't bad imo. It's buggy in some areas as it is still in beta production, but yes, it is totally free. There is an item mall that you can purchase more or special things...sorry so vague but I haven't explored that avenue fully yet. It combines high seas action with RPG-like playing. You will have to develop your character's skills throughout the game which is much slower to do here than any other RPG I've ever played...which isn't a bad thing. It removes the often-enough impatient and destructive minded players found in most MMORPGs which this game happens to be.

Give it a shot, you can't beat FREE. Keep in mind that this will always be a work in progress like most free MMORPGs such as Silkroad Online. You'll be sirprised at the detail.

odinfish is offline   Reply With Quote