SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-13-15, 07:40 PM   #46
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Fine, Neal please lock this thread and start a new one then.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 07:41 PM   #47
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Hi Markus, try searching this University of Maryland website http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/ their data base encompasses 1970 thru 2014. From its main page, just press the 'advanced search' select from 1970 to 2014. The list is long, well over 7,000 pages of incidents documented.
Thank you. Have saved the page for future look.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 07:47 PM   #48
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I'm not locking any threads when the discussion is with in bounds. I'm simply expressing my opinion. I think the terror threat we have the most concern over is islamic extremists, and I don't agree there should be do much effort expended to look away.
Old 11-13-15, 07:49 PM   #49
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Well then please rename it then, or stop with the 'All purpose terrorists' jibes. I'm not looking away, nor encouraging people to look away, but if that's what people want to take from it then nothing that I'm going to say is going to persuade you or Rockstar otherwise. I'm just the PC police after all.

EDIT: Commander Wallace has made a seperate thread about the Paris attacks, so you can delete this one.
Old 11-13-15, 07:53 PM   #50
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Again you are right.
Remember my earlier post about Rote Arme Fraction if we go back to the 70s and 80s many German and British will remember IRA, RAF and other political terror group, but in these years most of the terror attacks or trying to conduct terror have been done by Muslim terror groups.

There are many other radical groups in the world no doubt about that, but again so far its mostly if not only Muslim terror group who have conducted terror around the world and not only local against other Muslim or other.

But as mentioned before I'm not any expert, I try to get a wide spread information as much as possible.

The title of this thread is Ok and should not be changed

Markus

Yes there are many terrorist groups in history, but nobody is talking about them right now. As I suspect they are not as prevelant or even active. They are for the most part a thing of the past.

What I percieve as sugar coating a very serious and most current topic isnt the way I would do it. Even so, the title is fine with me too as it is the content of the thread which will reveal what is first and foremost on the minds of people.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-13-15 at 08:04 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 07:57 PM   #51
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Well then please rename it then, or stop with the 'All purpose terrorists' jibes. I'm not looking away, nor encouraging people to look away, but if that's what people want to take from it then nothing that I'm going to say is going to persuade you or Rockstar otherwise. I'm just the PC police after all.

EDIT: Commander Wallace has made a seperate thread about the Paris attacks, so you can delete this one.

Dont get yer panties in wad, I was just havin fun with 'all purpose'.

Old 11-13-15, 08:00 PM   #52
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Dont get yer panties in wad, I was just havin fun with 'all purpose'.
Ah, fair enough...it's hard to tell on the web when someone is attacking versus when someone is having a light hearted jab. I guess 'All purpose' was a bit of a stretch, although it does make them sound like the toxic lawn fertiliser that they are...
Old 11-13-15, 08:03 PM   #53
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Ah, fair enough...it's hard to tell on the web when someone is attacking versus when someone is having a light hearted jab. I guess 'All purpose' was a bit of a stretch, although it does make them sound like the toxic lawn fertiliser that they are...
it was a jibe but meant in jest, sorry

Old 11-13-15, 08:06 PM   #54
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I'm very sorry it was not my intention to, as Neal wrote,

" you don't have the right to call it a replacement"

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 08:07 PM   #55
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
it was a jibe but meant in jest, sorry
Likewise, sorry for the misinterpretation, I guess when I'm so entrenched in defending my position I get a little jumpy.
Old 11-13-15, 08:08 PM   #56
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

It will be interesting to see the reactions of the native born over the current immigration policies and watching Merkle and other leaders squirm.

Old 11-13-15, 08:10 PM   #57
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
It will be interesting to see the reactions of the native born over the current immigration policies and watching Merkle squirm.
It's certainly going to bring it to the forefront again once the dust has settled. Already there are reports of a fire at the Calais refugee camp and the Dutch are putting police out to defend refugee camps against reprisals.

People have hatred in their hearts and they're going to vent it on the first Muslim looking thing they see.
Old 11-13-15, 09:35 PM   #58
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

I don't much care either way but FWIW I don't see a problem with talking exclusively about Islamic terrorist attacks right now. They are after all the type that's occurring at the moment. If another group were to conduct a terrorist attack then i'm sure there would be a string of posts concerning their activities and depending on their frequency and severity they would probably crowd out the Islamic posts.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 09:41 PM   #59
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I don't much care either way but FWIW I don't see a problem with talking exclusively about Islamic terrorist attacks right now. They are after all the type that's occurring at the moment. If another group were to conduct a terrorist attack then i'm sure there would be a string of posts concerning their activities and depending on their frequency and severity they would probably crowd out the Islamic posts.
All for naming it The Not So All Purpose Terrorism Thread say aye.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 10:00 PM   #60
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
That's what I thought.
Refraining from calling it "Islamic terrorism" thread smells too much like political correctness to me.
Things are what they are and so far I don't hear an awful lot about Buddhist terrorists blowing people to bits or cutting heads off...

We could also just name this thread "The religion of peace strikes again!" but I guess this is a can of worms and would rustle the jimmies of those who are too concerned that the poor Islam is just being 'abused' again... or 'misinterpreted'... like it always the case...

Meh.

Tags
terrorism