SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-06-19, 06:30 AM   #226
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Too many folk without internet and bank accounts to give the article any real credibility.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-19, 07:50 AM   #227
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
If your debt is growing faster than your economy, then you’re not getting richer. You’re getting poorer. You would have been better off without the debt and without the growth … We’re borrowing ourselves into poverty. We’re not borrowing ourselves rich. We’re borrowing ourselves broke.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...urselves-broke
Old 03-09-19, 06:38 AM   #228
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

There are ways to default on your debt without consequences (for default itself that is).
Old 03-09-19, 01:14 PM   #229
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

We have to start from scratch/Zero

´Cause what we have now doesn't work

I'm not expert on this, I can only say we have to start from scratch/zero with something else.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-19, 07:46 PM   #230
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
There are ways to default on your debt without consequences (for default itself that is).
That is the biggest bull on Earth. Somebody always pay. Down to the very last penny owed.

Thats the big lie of our time that you tell there. That debts can be had for nothing, that money has no price, that debts can be infinitely raised by having infinite money.

How comes that one can still believe this crap?
Old 03-10-19, 05:11 AM   #231
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
That is the biggest bull on Earth. Somebody always pay. Down to the very last penny owed.

Thats the big lie of our time that you tell there. That debts can be had for nothing, that money has no price, that debts can be infinitely raised by having infinite money.

How comes that one can still believe this crap?
My point is that debt is a promise to pay back the money. The idea that it will be payed to the debtor relies on the existance of an enforcement system.

And there are situations in which such promises are voided, as there is no real way to force the sole superpower to do anything. Wars and revolutions are the more obvious ones, perceived just causes generated by internal/external policy you dont like are the less obvious ones. And in the modern world it is almost trivial for the US to either freeze or burn the debts it has to other countries in this way as it both has the biggest stick, most allies and the ownership of USD based global financial system.

Last edited by ikalugin; 03-10-19 at 05:24 AM.
ikalugin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 07:06 AM   #232
Skybird
Soaring

Its not just the US intentionally inflating the debt volume, its the rest of the world, by and large, as well.

And lets face it, the power lies not with the creditor, but the debtor. All risks are with the creditor, all the vulnerability. Thats why stupid German politicians agree to throw more and more foul money after foul credits they have allowed in the poast - just to keep the illusion shining bright and not realsing that the money they have thrown out of the window for other states's debt-making will never be paid back.

It is often said that Germany made a fortune with the credit crisis, but that is not true, since Germany did not get a real material cash backflow from it worth to mention, but just accumulated and still acuumaltes claims for being paid out in the future. But it never will be paid out, the mone yis gone. The creditors can not pay it back even if they would want to. Which they do not want anyway. These credits get used in parts to pay for German products, which means Germany gives a buyer the money he needs to buy our products, in other words: we pay ourselves for our products that we then give away for free. A hilarious, deeply rotten scheme.

Germany's claims in Target-2 saldi alone are beyond 1 trillion Euros now. Thats a one with twelve zeros. That is roughly one third of a yearly GDP.

Worse, Germany traditiionally invest book money profits in debt papers of other states instead of material values like industries, land, ressources. That emans when the finacial system collapses - and soone ror later it will - all these investements will be lost, while other nations like GB, FR, E and I will have still the material values they invested in - last but not least in Germany.

Dear Eurppe then will have to deal with a hot-boiling, internally socially cllapsing Germany once again, and it needs not much fantasy that Germany then once again will become the centre and cause of unrest, conflict and worse that pulls main parts of Europe once again into a maelstrom.

One way or the other I will not live to see that, thank God.

Stupid Germans. Damn silly stupid Germans. The are a self-fulfilling prophecy. And the more they try to act with absolute morality, the worse they make it.
Old 03-13-19, 02:24 PM   #233
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

TRQ canadian based mining company. Earnings report due COB tomorrow 14 march. I picked up a thousand @ $1.55 for some walkin' around money,(currently at $1.71) not too late too buy . At a quick glance TRQ has had some big block trades the last few days, considered by some to be oversold and seems to be following copper prices which are going up!

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-13-19 at 02:40 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-19, 04:50 PM   #234
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Nice, keep us posted.
Old 03-13-19, 05:14 PM   #235
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I saw this warning on a scroll on GMA or was it MSNBC, but they called it a recession.

What's a recession? I take it that it's not good for rich people

When your neighbor loses their job, it’s a recession.
When you lose your job, that’s a depression!

But this might help

https://www.frbsf.org/education/publ...on-difference/
Old 03-13-19, 06:09 PM   #236
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

EKSO my long term keeper just filed a form 424B3. They said in their earnings conference call they were hoping to share some good news by April, hopefully this is it.

TRQ and others is fun money, EKSO has the potential too make me very very rich . Though I am watching them like a hawk as they have tremendous amount of work to accomplish in a very short time before that can happen. On one hand I have my fingers crossed, the other hand is hovering above the ejection button.

Old 03-13-19, 06:10 PM   #237
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

I absolutely hate having business partners. I'll never do that again.
Old 03-15-19, 07:44 PM   #238
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

EKSO took off today, sitting pretty @2.48 a share. Someone too BOT a big block of shares right after close. I think they might know something I don't. But it's got too be good. Maybe it leaked Ford made a purchase of EKSO skeletons

Old 03-16-19, 08:01 AM   #239
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Maybe it'll pop from $2.60 to $19.00 in a day like VCEL did. Wouldn't that be nice

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-16-19 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-30-19, 09:25 AM   #240
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Was looking at pot stocks seems the boats sailed on without me on most of them. However CBD drinks are supposed to be the next big thing. JSDA might be a good one for someone wanting to get in at a decent price. You could make a couple of bills. I'd wait for it to dip again.

Tags
market, stock, stocks