Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-15-11, 11:29 AM   #1
funkster319
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Sonar Range Finding

Hi

Im back after being away for a while and I am just refreshing myself with some procedures etc. I am using TDW's Magnum Opus with manual targeting etc.

Now Im having a littel difficulty with my sonar man , in that he can follow a target but when I ask him to use sonar to find the range - I get " No target selected" in log. Any idea?
Old 01-16-11, 10:32 PM   #2
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Bump

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 12:45 PM   #3
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Yea, once i've figured a scope / torp solution mod that i can use for my game, the Sonarman is my number two disapointment with the game using TDW Mega_Mod, everything else is minor issues to me.

The Sonarman does'nt report verbily any (and ALL) contacts, if asked for nearest contact, he writes it in your message box. Only when asked to "Follow nearest contact" does he open his mouth, but then you can only ask for nearest Warship, not nearest Merchant!

This and the fact you have to ask for a contact (i.e he does'nt seem to be able to hear them without prompting first) means yours truely has to sit at the hydrophone every time and shut all engines off to hear.

Added to that, as you've said, he knows not which target your asking him to estimate distance to, nor do i see any function to "Ping" the target yourself, and it all adds up to less than usefull Sonarman, which lets face it , is probably the most important man on-board when submerged!

While i dont pretend to know anything about modding, and perhaps the game was so recked there were more important fixes needed (i've only just started playing), i do find it supprising this has'nt been addresed as one of the priority fixes.
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote