SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Red Storm Rising
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-26-05, 07:47 PM   #16
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAM Strike
I think that if the Iceland landing goes bad for the Russians there will be very few Backfires for you to deal with. I suink all the LCs, the two FAC and the Cargo Ship and Only two Backfires showed up in that mission, most of the time I was dealing with Badgers which are armed with Subsonic missiles. The convoy only lost three merchies (two to subs one to air attack) and the HMS Brilliant (or whatever that FF was called).

Roger that. The Soviet strength in Riposte depends on the outcome of the Iceland mission.
Old 12-28-05, 08:22 PM   #17
Deathblow
Captain

Downloads: 0

That makes sense then.... explains why I am getting utterly and completely pumelled....

Another question. I'm experiencing some game stability issues consistently with the 2nd to last mission. A save from the mission will result in a CTD 9/10 times. I haven't completed the mission in 10 tries due to CTD, lock ups, or something else.

Anyone else having problems with this particular mission or is it just my maching, playing tricks on me?
Old 12-28-05, 08:32 PM   #18
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

I've seen this problem in several missions including the Nordic Hammer mission and the 2nd to last mission.

Old 12-30-05, 12:50 AM   #19
Miika
A-ganger

Downloads: 21

Thank you Bill for a great campaign

It's been very nice to play, although I ended up shooting down an Airbus 300 (What was it doing in the war-zone anyway? )

I have encountered a problem in the Time on Target mission. I sent the Tomahawks to hit the airbase from South. First time, no effect. The second time I checked with Show Truth on, and it appeared the Tomahawks flew through the airbase and hit the ground about 30ft under the airbase, and the airbase took no damage. Hence no completion of the mission. Anyone else has this problem? I'm using the newest 1.3b patch and LwAmimod for the patch.

About the Reposte mission to Deathblow: you could use your ESM, link targets and helo radar only. This way it will be harder for the enemy to spot you. Just turn your radars on only once the hostile air targets are within the shooting range of your missiles.

Miika[/u]
Old 12-30-05, 09:53 AM   #20
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miika
Thank you Bill for a great campaign

It's been very nice to play, although I ended up shooting down an Airbus 300 (What was it doing in the war-zone anyway? )

I have encountered a problem in the Time on Target mission. I sent the Tomahawks to hit the airbase from South. First time, no effect. The second time I checked with Show Truth on, and it appeared the Tomahawks flew through the airbase and hit the ground about 30ft under the airbase, and the airbase took no damage. Hence no completion of the mission. Anyone else has this problem? I'm using the newest 1.3b patch and LwAmimod for the patch.

About the Reposte mission to Deathblow: you could use your ESM, link targets and helo radar only. This way it will be harder for the enemy to spot you. Just turn your radars on only once the hostile air targets are within the shooting range of your missiles.

Miika[/u]
Concerning Time on Target - Your targeting must be precise, else you'll miss, just like you observed. That's intrinsic to DW, not something I did.

Concerning Reposte: Failure to delay the invasion of Iceland means you'll see many Backfires in this mission. All is not lost, however. If you can shoot down the Bear at the earliest opportunity, then it won't have time to call the Backfires to attack your convoy. (You'll still have to deal with the Badgers, but they're much easier to defend against).
Old 12-30-05, 09:54 AM   #21
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2

Miika, if you don't retarget your TLAMs, 27LAMs, or SLAM-ERs using waypoints they won't work right. That happens in basically any situation or mission using Land Attack Missiles.

It may have been like that as long as SC.
Old 12-30-05, 03:40 PM   #22
Miika
A-ganger

Default TLAM attack

I mean the missiles hit the airbase, some of them precisely at the junction of the main runways (i.e. in the middle), but they flew through the airbase, which seemed to float in the air (when I checked with Show Truth on) and exploded physically in the ground directly under the floating airbase, inflicting no damage. I guess, though, that the problem is with my computer or my settings. But I'll keep checking. If nothing else works, I can play through the two remaining missions with the single mission option. Adding them to the mission pack was an excellent idea

Miika
Old 12-30-05, 05:15 PM   #23
Miika
A-ganger

Default This time it worked

Did some fixing, and the third time I tried it worked okay. I've had similar problems with my own TLAM missions as well, although the game usually crashes the second the TLAMs hit the target. Sorry for the trouble, it seems the problem is with my computer. :hmm:

Miika
Old 01-10-06, 12:57 PM   #24
wayne69
Swabbie

Downloads: 59

bravo zulu bill,
isn´t it funny playing a book.
i love it.
the red sky at morning mission was one of the tuffest i ever played offline. so many contacts, suddenly the red ones detected me, the torpedo in the water warning want stopped, over 12 torps near me, wow this was a thrill
so you give us the chance to play the missions single, very nice idea.
but i love to have a sub-, frigate and air campain seperatly and don´t know what your futuire plans are a akkula and kilo campain for the same theatre.
well can´t wait for the chrismas present 2006
carry on with your great work
regards
wayne69
Old 01-10-06, 06:10 PM   #25
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Graci!
Old 01-10-06, 08:21 PM   #26
Hobnail
Bosun

Downloads: 8

I'm not sure that Time on Target and LWAMI are playing nice. I'm quietly sneaking into the launch zone and my fellow 688I start lobbing TASM at the VERY distant picket ships.

In the ensuing debacle both pickets are sunk and subsequently the other two 688I are sunk by the the aggressive counter attack of the Bears and Mays that flocked to the area. I had snuck further south into the zone and launched on time but was sunk 20 minutes later by a air launched torpedo. Damn gungho skippers on the other boat...

Be kind.
Old 01-10-06, 09:41 PM   #27
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnail
I'm not sure that Time on Target and LWAMI are playing nice. I'm quietly sneaking into the launch zone and my fellow 688I start lobbing TASM at the VERY distant picket ships.

In the ensuing debacle both pickets are sunk and subsequently the other two 688I are sunk by the the aggressive counter attack of the Bears and Mays that flocked to the area. I had snuck further south into the zone and launched on time but was sunk 20 minutes later by a air launched torpedo. Damn gungho skippers on the other boat...

Hmmm... wonder what's going on? I didn't see this behavior in testing (but, I wasn't using LWAMI, either). :hmm:
Old 01-10-06, 09:56 PM   #28
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

I used LWAMI and didn't see the 688s attack...

Old 01-11-06, 11:28 AM   #29
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2

I'm not sure of anything that would cause that to happen with the mod as opposed to without. :hmm:
Old 01-11-06, 07:26 PM   #30
Scion
Sailor man

Downloads: 5

Great Cmpaign, Bill.

I also didnt have a problem with the Riposte mission. I mined the LCACs and the Boghammars in the P-3 Mission, and took out the bear at the earliest oppertunity, was excellent.