SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-12-10, 11:50 AM   #16
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I have the same text problem with this (the bright version). That is why I also made a modified night vision version of it (so the text would show). I have US copy of game.

It's not compatible yet with my UIs mod (breaks the automatic mast height entry and doesn't allow manual entry of mast height). I have more script work to do with it. I sent Reaper7 a PM and awaiting a response back before I work on it any further.

Thats fine TDW, fire ahead. You can make any changes needed .

As regards White text You need to change the Styles sheet to change the colours.
I have it done in my Mod to be black, I can post if ye want it.
Sure may as well post now. Link here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/406560792/German.rar
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 12:23 PM   #17
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post

As regards White text You need to change the Styles sheet to change the colours.
Yeah, I forgot to add the css file, that's why only me was seeing the text black.. I'm still noob in modding Updated the download links with a new release.

Last edited by Zedi; 07-13-10 at 03:26 AM.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 01:34 PM   #18
sanchez88
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

the files on filefront were not available in the past 2 days and also now, can u please reupload them? maybe on rapidshare? thx a lot and very good work, keep it up

sanchez
sanchez88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 02:21 PM   #19
Zedi
Sea Lord

Added alternate download links, see first post, right under the filefront links.
Thank you.
Old 07-27-10, 11:40 AM   #20
mauriga
Watch

Downloads: 21

Sorry to be so noob, but I'd like to use both newUIsTDC3.8.1 and ERM.
have I to install ERM by second? Or ERM goes before newUIsTDC3.8.1?

Tnx for reply

mauriga
mauriga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 06:40 AM   #21
Zedi
Sea Lord

TDW UI already has a stadimeter fix and an enhanced rec manual, so no need for this mod if you play with his UI. Reaper already implemented these skins in his UI mod (I think). This mod was build to be used with the stock UI, actually I continued Reaper's work just to have a tool for those who wish to use the new slim and minimalist UI, but also want to play a sim, not a kids game.

I started to work on this mod after I had read this excellent manual TDC tutorial, posted by emtguf. Problem there was that the stock stadimeter is bugged so is almost impossible to play like is in that tutorial because the range values will be always wrong. That's why I worked for weeks to read the "right" values for the whole SH5 fleet and mark the manual with a green line where the bugged stadimeter will read the correct range.

The next step I work on now is to implement in the manual this brilliant SpeedSolver Quick Chart made by gutted. So in this way the player will always know the right speed of his target without the need to print out the chart on paper or make complicated math. Is just I'm short on time, but I already have implemented the chart for few ships and is under testing. All I need is free time.. hope that soon I will release this improvement.

What I absolutely love in this mod is that help a lot with the realism. Is no automated lock or stadimeter that will work for the player, the human error is a big issue, so every shot need to be double checked and if ur fish hits the target.. is a big joy. No more million tons/patrol, no more shooting with torpedoes like with a missile, every torpedo is important because is a lot of room for human error, like was in real life

PS: Can an admin edit the topic title and add a [REL] in it please? I edited the title but somehow it not gets updated...
Old 07-30-10, 05:40 AM   #22
mauriga
Watch

Downloads: 21

Thank you Magnum for explanation.
Congrats for your MOD, in spite of I'll play TWD MOD.

See U around

mauriga
mauriga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 08:15 AM   #23
Zedi
Sea Lord

I'm already sick of the bugs filled in this game, I never saw in my life such a bugged game like this one. I said that I plan to add a speed chart into ERM, to help with faster speed recon and higher realism. Like this:

But during the testings I found out that this will never work. Simply because the ships data are wrong. Here is a simple example, copy/paste from the ships cfg file:

[Unit]
ClassName=T3Cimmaron
Length=139.6

[Unit]
ClassName=LL (Liberty cargo)
Length=147

So what's wrong in this picture? The length. That huge tanker is shorter in the cfg file than the cargo. Even if the real size is almost double. So this is mission impossible, I have to abort. Finding the right length, redo the math would take just way to much time. Shame on those who got paid to do this right and failed.
Old 07-30-10, 11:16 AM   #24
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
...higher realism.
To my mind it's not "higher realism" to have something in the book that wasn't there in real life.

As for the size discrepancy, the Liberty should be 135 meters long. The T3 should be 169 meters.
Old 07-30-10, 01:39 PM   #25
Zedi
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
To my mind it's not "higher realism" to have something in the book that wasn't there in real life.

As for the size discrepancy, the Liberty should be 135 meters long. The T3 should be 169 meters.
The length was there Steve. And the simple solution to determine the ship speed was to divide the ships length with how many seconds it took to pass the scope vertical line. Then round it and double that and you have the ships knots. As we don't have a calculator or any useful crew member on the sub to help with math, I put this chart in the manual. Only now I understand why the missing ships length in the manual was not fixed in patch 1.2. Just because is wrong. So they decided to ignore it.

The only solution I see now is to do again what I did with the stadimeter, put the whole merchie flotilla in a custom mission and read the correct values for every speed possible. I already did that with the ships at 5 knots, but when I did the test on my laptop I saw another bug.. the chronometer is lagging on slower systems. Instead of 54s/5K for a Ranger tanker taken on a good pc, I got 61 on the laptop. This is hopeless..
Old 07-30-10, 01:47 PM   #26
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
This is hopeless..
I'm sorry to hear it. Doing things manually is always more rewarding when you can be sure that doing it right will actually work.
Old 07-30-10, 02:01 PM   #27
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Magnum, I understand your frustration, but lag is just part of computer/video games. You can't expect for it to run perfectly unless you have some top of the line hardware(heck, even then it messes up from time to time).

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 02:03 PM   #28
Zedi
Sea Lord

Yeah, the lag on chronometer was a final blow for me Mainly because I thought that the chrono is linked to the system/OS and not just a game toy.

But I might still do this soon as I get some time for it. With the mention that this will not work right on slower systems. SH is meant to be played as a sim, not as an ordinary game. Respect for all the moders who work hard to fix all these bugs and try to make make SH5 a real sim, only now I understand how hard is that.
Old 07-30-10, 02:48 PM   #29
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Yeah, the lag on chronometer was a final blow for me Mainly because I thought that the chrono is linked to the system/OS and not just a game toy.

But I might still do this soon as I get some time for it. With the mention that this will not work right on slower systems. SH is meant to be played as a sim, not as an ordinary game. Respect for all the moders who work hard to fix all these bugs and try to make make SH5 a real sim, only now I understand how hard is that.
I am glad to hear that you will continue your work at some point, as the recog manual does need more work in my opinion, and your work up until now on it is awesome. We can't let road blocks get in our way. While making my current WIP mods, I can't even remember how many obstacles I came to that I was sure were not fixable. But, I have proved myself and others wrong time and time again by figuring out how to get around or fix things.

Perhaps the chronometer in the game could be linked to the system, or at least made more reliable. Only time and work will tell. So, hang in there comrade.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 04:38 PM   #30
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@Magnum,

I feel your frustration over testing things.
I can not even run SH5 on my current system.
I must depend on others to do testing for me and that slows everything.
There are a number of people that will test for you if you ask.
Setup the test missions and explain what you want.
Let the Community help you help them.