SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-15-16, 10:52 PM   #16
fithah4
Torpedoman

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

Killer Submarine Mod
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1331
I remember seeing this mod also somewhere else and I think Neon Deon also worked on this mod. But do't hold me to it..........

Ok digging further in my old files...
SH 4 ver 1.4 Silent Fire V1.4.2 JSGME Edition
http://www.fileplanet.com/186597/180...(JSGME-Edition)

SH 4 ver 1.5 Silent Fire V.1.5.1 JSGME Edition
http://www.fileplanet.com/186571/180...(JSGME-Edition)

SH 4 ver 1.5 Silent Fire V.1.5.2
http://www.fileplanet.com/187067/180...nt-Fire-v1.5.2

Fith
fithah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 12:21 AM   #17
Deputy
Chief

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by fithah4 View Post
Killer Submarine Mod
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1331
I remember seeing this mod also somewhere else and I think Neon Deon also worked on this mod. But do't hold me to it..........

Ok digging further in my old files...
SH 4 ver 1.4 Silent Fire V1.4.2 JSGME Edition
http://www.fileplanet.com/186597/180...(JSGME-Edition)

SH 4 ver 1.5 Silent Fire V.1.5.1 JSGME Edition
http://www.fileplanet.com/186571/180...(JSGME-Edition)

SH 4 ver 1.5 Silent Fire V.1.5.2
http://www.fileplanet.com/187067/180...nt-Fire-v1.5.2

Fith
Cool Fith!

However, I haven't had any luck with the Silent Fire mods. I have 1.5.2 and it crashes the game. Not sure exactly why. Maybe it's not for version 1.5. I dunno.
But I will definitely give Killer Submarine Mod a try

Uh-oh...that Uber Mod is only for SH4 ver 1.4. Bummer Check out the comments on the link.
Deputy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 01:13 AM   #18
Deputy
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
I suspect the problem to be that it was made for an earlier version of the game, maybe v1.3 or v1.4 before the v1.5 we all use today.

there was another mod back then made by mush martin called uber boat I think, or something like that, and with that mod you could take on a task force while you were surfaced and sink the whole lot and survive (or maybe my memory exaggerates a little) but he got so much grief from "certain" members that he removed the mod and wouldn't even discuss it anymore which was a shame because even though some hate mods like that, sometimes its fun to play "God mode" and just blow stuff up like crazy.

if you like the mod then try this, open the files in the mod and make a list of all the files so you can create duplicate copies of those same unmodded game files from your game so you can then mod them to make changes to the same correlating files from your game. this way you will make a v1.5 compatible version of the mod the way the original modder had intended it to work and then if you decide to share the mod simply give full credit to him with an explanation of what you did to make it work for todays game

you would need to know some modding to do this because you need to open all the files in S3D and winmerge for checking the text files to see which values get changed and make the same changes to the current "up to date" game file used today, but it will not be hard and just takes time and the patience to do it.
Well I removed the original Zones.cfg and dropped in the one from Silent Fire. They looked pretty identical except for the tremendously large boosts it got. All it seemed to do was default to the original Zones.cfg damage model.
Certainly didn't make the ship indestructible or even slightly less vulnerable.
Old 12-16-16, 02:58 AM   #19
Deputy
Chief

Got the "German Ultra Subs". Wow! Loving that one!
Old 12-16-16, 02:35 PM   #20
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

I think I may have not installed it right, I downloaded the 'Killer Sub' mod, as soon as I surfaced I was toast.
I selected a single mission and chose the Balao sub, I just fancied a blast but the only ships I sank was when I was submerged, I got 3 of them.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-16, 07:04 AM   #21
Col7777
Grey Wolf

I tried the 'Silent Fire' mod last night, that was fun, completed 3 single missions and downed a good few ships.

Silent and Violent
Old 12-17-16, 10:34 AM   #22
Deputy
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col7777 View Post
I tried the 'Silent Fire' mod last night, that was fun, completed 3 single missions and downed a good few ships.
Dang! You actually got it to work?!?!?!?!?!

Please give exact details on how you installed it. Would be greatly appreciated. Also what version did you use for 1.5?
Old 12-17-16, 01:22 PM   #23
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Hi Dep, all I did was copy the 1.5 to the Mods folder and activated if with JSGME, then selected a single mission.
I was using it again today, I know it's not reality but it's good fun, I was sinking DD's Carriers, Cruisers and Battleships lol.

I became a vicious hunter.

Silent and Violent
Old 12-17-16, 03:34 PM   #24
Deputy
Chief

Quote:
Hi Dep, all I did was copy the 1.5 to the Mods folder and activated if with JSGME, then selected a single mission.
I was using it again today, I know it's not reality but it's good fun, I was sinking DD's Carriers, Cruisers and Battleships lol.

I became a vicious hunter.

Hi Col:
I've got "GermanUltraSubs_v1.0" loaded and it probably does pretty much the same thing as Silent Fire. It works for US and German subs. So wild...I can surface and wipe out a whole convoy or fleet with just my deck gun.
Torps don't seem to be as effective, though. But I have a choice of every type of upgrade available. Guns, Electrical, and Torps. So I am still experimenting with everything and probably haven't done the right thing to use them. I still wish there was a mod that allowed you to give promotions and medals. One that lets you mod careers. They had it for SH3, but I don't know of one for SH4. No doubt there is a file somewhere that can be changed. I just don't know which one it is.
Old 12-17-16, 03:43 PM   #25
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Hi Dep, I've not surfaced to fight yet with 'Silent Fire' but I did try something after I sank the last DD, I surfaced and tried to use the AA guns to shoot at the survivors, naughty but I had to try.
Any way again I may be doing something wrong but I could only tell the crew to use the guns and they wouldn't fire on the survivors lol, not sure how I can take command of them.

As for modding this sim I'm fairly new to it, I use to play about with files with SH2 years ago but went on the flight sim, so only just recently returned to this, I'm very rusty.

Silent and Violent
Old 12-17-16, 11:01 PM   #26
Deputy
Chief

Col: I'll let you know if I find anything out. I posted a thread asking forum members if they had any idea how to change things. I've been playing World of Warships lately. Just got SH4 and I like it a lot.
Old 12-20-16, 12:42 PM   #27
Deputy
Chief

Col: What version of SH4 are you using?
Old 12-20-16, 05:55 PM   #28
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Well I looked in the file 'support' and the readme says it's v1.5 with German addons plus other ships and aircraft, I wasn't sure which version I had till I just looked lol.

In the box is some bonus material like historical map of the Pacific theater, an naval recognition guide plus a manual with in depth reference material.

Silent and Violent
Old 12-21-16, 12:15 AM   #29
Deputy
Chief

Quote:
Well I looked in the file 'support' and the readme says it's v1.5 with German addons plus other ships and aircraft, I wasn't sure which version I had till I just looked lol.

In the box is some bonus material like historical map of the Pacific theater, an naval recognition guide plus a manual with in depth reference material.
Yep. 1.5 is the newest version. And those goodies in the box are nice to have.
Lots of folks ended up with the jewelbox version that had pretty much nothing.
Old 12-22-16, 01:16 PM   #30
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Well my young grandson is staying tonight so I'm going to let him play on SH using the cheat mode, at least he won't get toasted right away and it will be fun for him (I hope) lol.

Another good reason to have it.

Silent and Violent