SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-24-18, 12:42 PM   #1576
Red_88
Sailor man

Downloads: 250
Uploads: 6

I looked into the mission. I gather detection of convoy by Tu-22 is by its own radar. Own convoy is set to EMCON.

I made quick test and replaced tu-22 with tu-16. Only two missiles fired and since not sea skimming I was able to intercept. If this is to easy another plane could be added. Another idea: use plane only to locate convoy and let the missile be fired from a charlie or juliet.
Another problem I found: Enemy subs are pretty close to the convoy form the start (6 - 7 nm). Also both Helo no alert status (but that's easy to change). One sub is created at point blank range causing to fire torpedos immidiately. With the new damage model of DWX 1.44 one has to keep in mind to kill one cargo ship one torp is sufficient.

BTW the mission African Bees Nest is bugged too. I corrected some script errors (missing attack boats and goal trigger never fires) but I did not test it.

Last edited by Red_88; 05-24-18 at 01:02 PM.
Red_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-18, 04:03 AM   #1577
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136

Much easier is to make completely new scenario than fixing N.A.Convoy
Btw this scenario is very popular because of lack real combat scenarios for O.H.Perry in vanilla DW
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-18, 07:26 AM   #1578
tAKticool47
Mate

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default OK quick question-

I don't think this is really anything to do strictly with Reinforce Alert- but let me ask you this.

When you're playing as the FFG-7 ... when you fire shipboard torpedoes, and you reload them, is there a way to select WHICH of the torpedoes you reload?

What I mean is this... You can select from MK50 or MK54s in the 3 tubes on each side. Then in the ships stores, you can select up to 24 reloads. (These also get used by the helicopters). Whenever I fire shipboard torpedoes, and then reload them, the ship automatically picks the torpedo to reload, and then reloads ONLY THAT KIND, until they are totally depleted, THEN reloads only the other kind.

is there a way to say, OK, I shot the 3 Port-side torpedoes, I want to reload a specific type in a specific slot etc.?

OK thanks much.
tAKticool47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 09:47 AM   #1579
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tAKticool47 View Post
I don't think this is really anything to do strictly with Reinforce Alert- but let me ask you this.

When you're playing as the FFG-7 ... when you fire shipboard torpedoes, and you reload them, is there a way to select WHICH of the torpedoes you reload?

What I mean is this... You can select from MK50 or MK54s in the 3 tubes on each side. Then in the ships stores, you can select up to 24 reloads. (These also get used by the helicopters). Whenever I fire shipboard torpedoes, and then reload them, the ship automatically picks the torpedo to reload, and then reloads ONLY THAT KIND, until they are totally depleted, THEN reloads only the other kind.

is there a way to say, OK, I shot the 3 Port-side torpedoes, I want to reload a specific type in a specific slot etc.?

OK thanks much.
Have you checked the manual?

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-18, 11:48 AM   #1580
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

*************** Patch # 1 for -Reinforce Alert- version 1.44 *************

1. Placed unzip this add-on [ "!_PATCH_#1_for_144" Folder Name and "!_Patch#1_Install.bat" file ] at root directory Your game [ C:\...\Dangerous Waters ].

2. Launch "!_Patch#1_Install.bat" file for install pack.

3. When the CMD window closes, patching is completed. All installation files and folders will be automatically deleted.

4. New version 1.45 will be installed. (Old LOD files has automatically delete)

IMPORTANT !: To successfully install this add-on you in the root directory of the game after unpacking the archive, should be: Folder "!_PATCH_#1_for_144" and the file "!_Patch#1_Install.bat".

Changes in patch:

1 - Akula-I SSN: Special Forces added for user sub.
2 - Bergamini User platform: fix bug when 127 mm gun unable to shoot the front sector.*
3 - fixed bug when Ataka missile in Helo controlled from user Udaloy, with ASUW loadout. unable attack LAND based targets.
4 - Some cosmetic alterations in the interface of the launch panel of Akula's - more contrast readable text in the windows.*
5 - Fixed a bug at the pilot's station of the helicopter - DDI display, where the scale is specified in nautical miles instead kiloyard.*
6 - KA-27 User platform: Pilot and ATO DDI display scales has been increased.
7 - AI helos controlled from user ship: The transit speed is increased to the maximum when the player does not specify programmable modes.
Removed active ping option, when the player does not specify programmable active-passive dipping modes.
8 - KA-27 User: Dipping sonar cable fix to real length value. (150 m. 505 ft)
9 - Removed bug when weapons hit the corvettes Kotor Beograd Koni, game gets CTD.
10 - The distance of the blast wave from the detonation of the weapon was reduced.*
11 - Torpedo-Rockets ( Shkval and other ): an additional option is added to the weapon preset. The setting of the preset depth is 0005 (mode 0) or 1005 (mode 1),
sets the depth of the Shkval to the current launch depth. This allows for quick activation of the weapon.
12 - ESM meter level gauges (include periscope station): has been fix.*
13 - Collins Towed Array - lendth fix to 340 meters.
14 - Some Object added: Kashin DD, Chengdu FFG, Riga FF, Shershen PT, SU-57, Bastion SSM Site.
15 - User Viking: Fix bug with weapon reload in multiplayer game.
16 - Non Nuke Sub (AIP), Kilos - noise profile was corrected.
17 - Some propeller blades for surface platform set to real values.
18 - USNI DATA: RBU reference section added.
19 - User Udaloy: External view for helo and gun camera was redone.*
20 - Akulas IceTV (HF Sonar Station) was redone.*
21 - Some ASR Radars was redone.
22 - HF Sonar mark bug - potentially fix.*
23 - Udaloy User: UGST torpedoes replaced to SET-65 Torpedoes.
24 - Udaloy User: graphics Acoustic Display Station was redone.*

Check on RedRodgers forum
Old 06-25-18, 12:20 PM   #1581
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

Downloads: 97

I started the converted Sub Command Seawolf campaign in RA and are supposed to excercise PD attacks wihtout launching a weapon but somehow the missions does not proceed.

Also I have a hard time to hear anything on sonar, even surface ships on standard are just fading in at 7nm, is this supposed?

Last edited by MANoWAR.U52; 06-25-18 at 02:07 PM.
MANoWAR.U52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-18, 02:46 PM   #1582
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Use Narrowband instead Broadband or audio
Old 06-26-18, 07:33 AM   #1583
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

I am using the narrowband

I am detecting a Alreigh Burke making revs for 8 kts at about 6.5nm on narrowband towed, is this what is expected or is there something wrong?

Last edited by MANoWAR.U52; 06-26-18 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-26-18, 08:12 AM   #1584
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

That mission utilizes a different ocean bottom type that greatly reduces the distance sound propagates. Yes, that mission is working as intended and yes, it's kind of ridiculous lol

My videos:
Old 06-26-18, 08:31 AM   #1585
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
That mission utilizes a different ocean bottom type that greatly reduces the distance sound propagates. Yes, that mission is working as intended and yes, it's kind of ridiculous lol
Was thinking of that because of the shallow waters, thanks for clarification, is there a way to figure out facts like ocean bottom when playing the mission?

I am stalking the group and also detected the Akula but the mission won´t proceed. All ships stopped an remain at 0kt.Running full time speed since 10 minutes, nothing happens...

Edit: Goddamn what a bugged mission, I had to manually set a lower depth (60) than Seawolf´s PD in order to trigger the mission goals, both main goals are now fullfilled, mission still shows incomplete because I am waiting for a radio message that ends the mission which I never receive.

Is there even a point to continue this campaign? Looks like a train wreck to me, spent over two hour to figure out what the issue here. Look I appreciate the converted campaigns and the RA/DWX mod but if nobody even tested if added things work properly it is just a utter frustration and useless time waste. Nobody benefits from that.

Also why isn´t any OH Perry mission playable?

Last edited by MANoWAR.U52; 06-26-18 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-26-18, 09:47 AM   #1586
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Vanilla missions for Perry are not available because Ra uses 2 perrys:
- Perry AI (replaces vanilla controlable Perry)
- Perry User - controlable in RA
All old missions still have Perry AI as platform for player (but uncontrolable in RA)

You can change in editor Perry AI to Perry User but.. you should be prepared for other problems :P

BTW best way for resolving this problems is to delete all vanilla missions and campaigns.
Old 06-26-18, 10:10 AM   #1587
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANoWAR.U52 View Post
Was thinking of that because of the shallow waters, thanks for clarification, is there a way to figure out facts like ocean bottom when playing the mission?
Not that I'm aware of, no. The only way you can is perhaps by having a sense of how loud typical merchantmen or fishing boats are and realizing they're actually much closer (re: quieter) than normal because of a different bottom type. However, the ocean bottom only affects how loud things are if the sound speed profile of the mission is bottom-limited, which you can see in the SSP pane of the sonar. If there is a layer, the loudness will always be the same.

Quote:
I am stalking the group and also detected the Akula but the mission won´t proceed. All ships stopped an remain at 0kt.Running full time speed since 10 minutes, nothing happens...
You need to approach each ship in order to simulate an attack. If I remember correctly, you need to approach within 4 nmi of each ship but no closer than 2 nmi of each to "attack" them.

Quote:
Edit: Goddamn what a bugged mission, I had to manually set a lower depth (60) than Seawolf´s PD in order to trigger the mission goals, both main goals are now fullfilled, mission still shows incomplete because I am waiting for a radio message that ends the mission which I never receive.

Is there even a point to continue this campaign? Looks like a train wreck to me, spent over two hour to figure out what the issue here. Look I appreciate the converted campaigns and the RA/DWX mod but if nobody even tested if added things work properly it is just a utter frustration and useless time waste. Nobody benefits from that.
I would say no. I tried it on my YouTube channel and I think the fourth mission became unplayable. I was trying to remake the campaign at one point to be more faithful to Sub Command but it's a lot of work and it fell to the wayside. Given how RA is presently tuned, etc, I'm also not sure it's possible to make it that faithful to Sub Command.

My videos:
Old 06-26-18, 11:02 AM   #1588
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

@FPSchazly

is it still that the mod is heavily on favor for Russian units ? For a older version I tweaked the database but it is a hell of a work to do that manually...
Old 06-26-18, 12:54 PM   #1589
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
@FPSchazly

is it still that the mod is heavily on favor for Russian units ? For a older version I tweaked the database but it is a hell of a work to do that manually...
RA never was "heavily on favor for Russian units" - just a little
Newest version do NOT overpower russian units. For example:
- now Udaloy can use only USET-80 or SET-65K instead UGST (Russian best torpedo smimilar to ADCAP)
- older Akulas uses only older torpedoes
- Akula I haven't external tubes, etc.

Vanilla game was "heavily on favor for US units" :P
For example:
- O.H.Perry could detect incoming missiles from near 40 NM
- Seawolf was too fast
- almost all sonar sensors were too sensitive

BTW I wonder what in your opinion needed tweaks in database? And what version you had in mind?

It will help to improve RA balance in future
Old 06-26-18, 12:56 PM   #1590
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

Do not remember the version, it was more the sensor sensitivity and noise levels of russian subs, which I had in mind....but maybe this has changed in the meantime...

Tags
reinforce alert