SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Killerfish Games > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2017, 05:22 PM   #451
MR. Wood
Medic
 
MR. Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Obetz, Ohio
Posts: 163
Downloads: 140
Uploads: 5
Default

Any Chance on a rework on a few of the models the original Upholder was sweet now it just looks like a kilo on crack lol When are the files to make new textures going to be open to kick ass guys like you who can make metal look sexy
MR. Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:35 PM   #452
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too far from the sea...
Posts: 2,637
Downloads: 144
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digantajash View Post
Its showinng mk45 description text missing and many more.my version in 1.04d
Maybe because you haven't bought the game.
__________________


USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:31 PM   #453
Typhoon7
Bilge Rat
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Glitch when I last tried it.

Perhaps this was already addressed and I'm pulling a TLDR on myself...so forgive me.

When I first start up the game with the mod installed (1.08), and go to the campaign menu, there are two lines of text on the bottom and are overlapped with each other. That's one minor issue.

The next issue is that when I actually started up the campaign, and I'm on the strategic map, I intercept an enemy surface group or sub, and the game immediately freezes and drops frames to <1 sec. And it doesn't stop doing this until I move the cursor to move my boat away from the enemy group. Then the frames jump right back up to normal. Plus, it doesn't engage the mission that would normally occur when you "touch" the enemy group.

For full disclosure's sake, for the campaign, I had chosen an Ohio SSGN to use. Could this be the issue? I suppose I haven't tried using some other boat.

Am I an anomaly? I love this mod and can't wait for more updates.
Typhoon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:23 AM   #454
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666
 
Aktungbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: where I'm at presently
Posts: 12,406
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0


Default welcome aboard!

Typhoon7!
__________________
"Only two things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity; And I'm not too sure about the Universe..." Philip K. Dick
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:43 AM   #455
IanH755
Nub
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 6
Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainX3 View Post
We've got so many sub classes in the mod now that it's becoming an issue with scrolling through all of them for some people.
That's currently my biggest issue with the Mod, scrolling through all 143 sonar profiles trying to find the one I'm after

As a hobby user rather than a "play every day" guy my interface knowledge is lacking so is there a way of only searching Subs or ships or Civilian rather than having 1 huge list of everything where you have to scroll through every type of vessel?
IanH755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:59 AM   #456
Typhoon7
Bilge Rat
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH755 View Post
... so is there a way of only searching Subs or ships or Civilian rather than having 1 huge list of everything where you have to scroll through every type of vessel?
Update 1.08 in the core game has a new feature where you can sort the broadband data by Subsurface, Surface Warship, and Merchant ship types. Is this what you mean?
Typhoon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #457
IronDuke2
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1
Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Modding without steam. Is it possible?

Every mod i try to install ends up with some sort of error especialy the missing mk 45.txt file. How can this problem be fixed?(without some sort of verification)
IronDuke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #458
SAIIIRAI
Bilge Rat
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDuke2 View Post
Every mod i try to install ends up with some sort of error especialy the missing mk 45.txt file. How can this problem be fixed?(without some sort of verification)
Same problem here, the game won't start because of this mk.45 file, I already had the previous version of the mode and everything was OK, is there any solution to this problem?
SAIIIRAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:54 AM   #459
Ramius
XO
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: At sea (again)
Posts: 405
Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDuke2 View Post
Every mod i try to install ends up with some sort of error especialy the missing mk 45.txt file. How can this problem be fixed?(without some sort of verification)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIIIRAI View Post
Same problem here, the game won't start because of this mk.45 file, I already had the previous version of the mode and everything was OK, is there any solution to this problem?
Yea, update the game via steam. The mod needs the latest version of it to run.
__________________
There is a forgotten, nay even forbidden word, which means more to me than any other.
That word is England
Ramius is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:23 AM   #460
IanH755
Nub
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 6
Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon7 View Post
Update 1.08 in the core game has a new feature where you can sort the broadband data by Subsurface, Surface Warship, and Merchant ship types. Is this what you mean?
Yeap, I didn't know these were "clickable" for quick sorting. It's still a big list to go through but at least now it's easier!
IanH755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:37 AM   #461
Barleyman
Seaman
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 40
Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon7 View Post
Perhaps this was already addressed and I'm pulling a TLDR on myself...so forgive me.

When I first start up the game with the mod installed (1.08), and go to the campaign menu, there are two lines of text on the bottom and are overlapped with each other. That's one minor issue.
That happens to me as well with the realism mod. Interesting side effect!
Barleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:47 PM   #462
LCDR Chris
Bilge Rat
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default Trouble installing the mod

I have tried to install but when i place the override folder in the streaming assets folder and i launch the game it says that the file usn_mk45_description.txt is missing from the default folder placed in the streaming assets one. I have added the folder and the game to the exceptions list of my anti-virus program and i did delete and replaced the override folder several times with no result.I have also tried to create a mk45 description file (a simple copy of mk48 description renamed) and placed it to the position asked by the app but that didn't solve it as it kept asking for more missing files. What should i do? I really want this mod.

Thanks in advance.
LCDR Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #463
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666
 
Aktungbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: where I'm at presently
Posts: 12,406
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0


Default welcome aboard!

LCDR Chris! & SAIIIRI!
__________________
"Only two things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity; And I'm not too sure about the Universe..." Philip K. Dick
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #464
Ramius
XO
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: At sea (again)
Posts: 405
Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDR Chris View Post
I have tried to install but when i place the override folder in the streaming assets folder and i launch the game it says that the file usn_mk45_description.txt is missing from the default folder placed in the streaming assets one. I have added the folder and the game to the exceptions list of my anti-virus program and i did delete and replaced the override folder several times with no result.I have also tried to create a mk45 description file (a simple copy of mk48 description renamed) and placed it to the position asked by the app but that didn't solve it as it kept asking for more missing files. What should i do? I really want this mod.

Thanks in advance.
update the game via steam. The mod needs the latest version of it to run.
__________________
There is a forgotten, nay even forbidden word, which means more to me than any other.
That word is England
Ramius is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:27 PM   #465
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too far from the sea...
Posts: 2,637
Downloads: 144
Uploads: 13


Default

Looking at Steam again and how it does updates just to make sure before I say something here. How are people not getting updates to the game? I understand not updating to a beta as you have to opt in to that. So what is the official public release then? If it is in fact 1.08c and they aren't getting updates the only logical conclusions are that they are in offline mode (but why as they are getting mods anyways) or pirating the game.
__________________


USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997- 2017 Subsim