SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-04-19, 11:14 AM   #16
maurice076
Sailor man

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Hi Thanks for the great info,I keep looking for previous explanations,but still confused.I'm in same situation I seen the Scapa flow mission ended sooner so I went there instead of the eastern coast mission.Now I'm out of torpedoes with 5 days till Scapa ends,should I just refit and not end Patrol? How many days in port does refit take?

When I log out for the day it says Breaking the fortress is finished,can I End patrol after its end date and get my extra points for it?And still be able to finish the other 2?

Thanks for the help,I feel dumb I cannot figure this out on my own..

edit:running TWOS with no extras on JSGME.
maurice076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 12:21 PM   #17
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice076 View Post
Hi Thanks for the great info,I keep looking for previous explanations,but still confused.I'm in same situation I seen the Scapa flow mission ended sooner so I went there instead of the eastern coast mission.Now I'm out of torpedoes with 5 days till Scapa ends,should I just refit and not end Patrol? How many days in port does refit take?

When I log out for the day it says Breaking the fortress is finished,can I End patrol after its end date and get my extra points for it?And still be able to finish the other 2?

Thanks for the help,I feel dumb I cannot figure this out on my own..

edit:running TWOS with no extras on JSGME.

You will NOT have enough time to travel to port, refit, go out and return to Scapa before the mission time is over. But there is a trick to refuel from thin air...

Save your game, quit to main menu; ALT-TAB out to Desktop.
Browse to C:\Users\Owner\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames;
In the SaveGames folder, you will see a list of 00000000 folders, sort them by date to find your last save;
Open your last save and open the file GameplaySettings.cfg;

[Current]
LimitedBatteries=true
LimitedCompressedAir=true
LimitedO2=true
LimitedFuel=true <<<<<<< change true to false
RealisticRepairTime=true
ManualTargetingSystem=true
NoMapUpdate=true
RealisticSensors=true
DudTorpedoes=true
RealisticReload=true
NoEventCamera=true
NoExternalView=false
NoStabilizeView=true
MPShowPlayerNames=false
MPShowTorpedoes=false
NoShipHealthBar=true
NoGunProjectilePath=true

After this, reload your save and do the Scapa or what you want. BUT PLEASE: Once you are finished, re-open the file and revert the 'cheat' !

Have fun with Scapa Flow,
XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 01:15 PM   #18
maurice076
Sailor man

Thank you sir,maybe I wasn't clear my apologies,I don't need to go back to Scapa,it says finished when I log out.

I do need to do the eastern coast mission next from what I'm gathering, so if I go to refit will that take more than 5 days?

Or just kill time then end patrol After the scapa timer runs out to get my points,then do eastern coast?

I guess another way to put it is can I end patrol After the timers on each one run out and are completed to get all 3 points?

Thanks again.
Old 05-04-19, 01:22 PM   #19
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Upcomming missions in TWoS are independant, wether you return to port or not, wether you take them at the bunker or not. Missions have a timeline and that's it. So you can pretty do what you want (what counts for your career is the tonnage, not the mission).

If you don't want to miss a particular mission, just be sure not to stay too long in port. The KSD Commander can help you for that, also there is a separate mod called 'Change Days In Bunker' that you can load to exactly set the days in bunker.
Same goes for historical encounters btw, just be at the right place at the right time.

Only time where you really need to pay attention is towards the end of the campaign chapter, but then you will get red messages. Always read and follow red messages

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-04-19 at 01:32 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 09:59 AM   #20
maurice076
Sailor man

O.K. Thanks again will do.