SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-16, 03:14 AM   #1
ghost02
Watch

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0
Default Installing H.sie patch problems.

Hello everyone, I am attempting to install NYGM.

I believe I have come across a unique problem. After installing the requisite files for NYGM via JSGME, I then move to install the H.sie and steibler patches. I have a copy of my original, un modified, downloaded from amazon .exe running on windows 10. I ran the game once unmodified. Then, when I move a copy of the .exe to a folder and run the H.sie per instructions, I then cannot modify the .exe. By that, I mean when I run the Hsieoptionsselector.exe, it states that there is no sh3.exe found, even though I am looking at it! No anti-virus is enabled as far as I can tell, no AVG, no windows defender, ect.

I tried ignoring it and just attempting to install the steibler patch and it will apply without a problem, but again the included options selector cannot find sh3.exe.

Also, I have to move the .exe completely, it won't let me copy and paste the .exe like the instructions say to.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm sure I'm doing something stupid here.
ghost02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 06:24 AM   #2
ghost02
Watch

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0

Disregard, I fixed it.

Incase anyone ever has a similar problem, it turns out that AVG was not fully uninstalled, and left little pieces of it self when I got rid of it a year ago.
ghost02 is offline   Reply With Quote