Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 09-11-10, 11:02 AM   #76
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default SP 1.5

Hi Tigershuffle, yes the unofficial 1.5 is only in Russian because it was a misunderstanding, one guy releasing privately to another a compilation of all the mods up to now.It wasn´t meant to be released publicly.The official 1.5 will definitely have an English translation but it will come 2 to 3 weeks after the Russian version ( based on past experience)which is due tomorrow the 12th.The unofficial version offers a few more vehciles and missions but is not comparable to the official one which will offer at least 18 new tanks and vehicles and features such as infantry riding on tanks, bunkers, field canteens and panzerschreck teams and new missions and campaigns.

Hang on it's coming
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-10, 11:09 AM   #77
tigershuffle
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Hi Tigershuffle, yes the unofficial 1.5 is only in Russian because it was a misunderstanding, one guy releasing privately to another a compilation of all the mods up to now.It wasn´t meant to be released publicly.The official 1.5 will definitely have an English translation but it will come 2 to 3 weeks after the Russian version ( based on past experience)which is due tomorrow the 12th.The unofficial version offers a few more vehciles and missions but is not comparable to the official one which will offer at least 18 new tanks and vehicles and features such as infantry riding on tanks, bunkers, field canteens and panzerschreck teams and new missions and campaigns.

Hang on it's coming

sounds fantastic
tigershuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-10, 12:28 PM   #78
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Steel Panzer 1.5 RElease

Slight delay in the long-awaited release of the Steel Panzer 1.5 mod due to technical issues. Stone 2009 said on the Sukhoi.ru Avia forum that the expected date has been pushed to the 14th or 15th Sept.The size should be 500 mbs. This is of course the Russian release, for the English language those who want to wait will probably have to wera their heels until end of the month.It´s going to be a beta release with a new campaign coming later in order not to further delay the release.

Sorry for the bad news....

Frinik
Old 09-12-10, 10:18 PM   #79
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Tanksim.org.ru Access Denied

Today I tried accessing the Tanksim.org.ru website where I find and download most of my SF and other mods and I got the message " you don't have permission to access this download server "

I am puzzled and worried.Has anybody else reported the same problem?
Old 09-12-10, 10:42 PM   #80
Flanker15
Seaman

Downloads: 11

Yes it's been offlimits for a while now.
Flanker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-10, 01:49 PM   #81
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Watch

Hi Frinik,

Did I read that correctly, there is a Brummbaer in SP 1.5-unofficial? I mean a Sturmpanzer IV:

http://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules...cle&artid=2069

I installed the mod, but didn't see any missions for a Brummbaer. Is it only available throught the mission editor?

S!

FW
Friedrich-Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-10, 11:23 PM   #82
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Sturmpanzer IV

Hi FW, that's right the Sturmpanzer IV it is! No there's no mission for it in the unofficial 1.5 version.I expect that to come with the official release. Yes it is only ion the mission editor but it is not playable. I included it in a couple of my user-made missions.Cute to look at , the guns makes the same booming sound as the Soviet 122mm gun on the JS2/122.

Cheers
Old 09-16-10, 03:51 AM   #83
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SP 1.5

Bas news about the Official Steel Panzer 1.5 mod. Stone 2009 today posted that they are unable to upload the beta version because of the network instability and other technical reasons. Hard to say how they are going to solve the problem.The size of the mod - 500 mbs - is probably one reason although I have seen bigger files than this being uploaded on file share sites.No idea what the exact problem really is nor whether they can find a solution quickly.

Stay tuned!

Frinik
Old 09-19-10, 09:08 AM   #84
peashooter1
Swabbie

Downloads: 50
Default SPM 1.5 Beta is out today

It's here

http://files.mail.ru/VSM7BV
peashooter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-10, 11:37 AM   #85
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default yeah At Last!

Great news! Thanks very much Peashooter! But the download rate is dreadfully slow......
Old 09-19-10, 01:16 PM   #86
peashooter1
Swabbie

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Great news! Thanks very much Peashooter! But the download rate is dreadfully slow......

Agreed frinik, took me a full 2hrs at 10:00am, plus I'm sure the word is out which is going to make it even slower to DL for sure

I have only dabbled a little with it so far and I know it's just a beta and more is to come, but I did not see a ton of new content and no Panther or Elephant (in single mission). Wonder if I got a pooched install?
peashooter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-10, 10:36 PM   #87
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Anything New?

Peashooter; I am not surprised. They are not yet in the mod because the modders will release short campaigns with the Elefant and the Panther.The usual pattern is 4 missions in a mini campaign.

They said that they would release the campaigns separately at a later date so as to not delay the main mod release.

I haven't extracted the file and installed the mod yet but I hope at least that these 2 are in the Mission Editor!!!! What new models did you see in the game?

Cheers
Old 09-20-10, 12:46 PM   #88
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Watch

Default SP 1.5 beta

Thank you, Peashooter1 for posting the link. Downloading now. Frinik, I'll let you know what I find, if I can get this installed and working properly.

Cheers,

FW
Old 09-20-10, 10:34 PM   #89
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Not Much!

Well I installed ti and there ain't much considering the amount of time that it took to release.I am not criticising the modders. I wish I could do 1 /10th of what they can do with a computer.But other than new vehicles in the Mission Editor( Elefant ( Ferdinand),Jagdpanther, Marder I ausf H, Tiger ausf H SS, TIger II ausf B, Panther ausf A , the Panzer II Luchs and lots of variant of the Panzer 38t. There's now a MG34 squad available but I haven't seen the Panzerschreck squad. On Soviet side you have the T34/76 1943 model, the T28(another ugly early Soviet tank), the BT7 and of coruse for both sides all the enw models that came with the 1.5 unofficial release SU 85, 122, 152, JS2 1944, Sturmpanzer IV, variants of the TIger I and Panzer IVF2, Stug III F and G ( Saukopf and Zimmerit).

MIssing are the SU100, Panzer IV G, H or J, the KV85,the StuKH42 etc

As far as the main game is concerned only the Trophy missions and the Soviet Sel;f Propelled missions are new plus new single mission for the Panther and the Luchs I beleive.

Cheers

Anyway the best is yet to come in the form of new campaigns and user-missions to be released.
Old 09-20-10, 11:30 PM   #90
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Watch

Default SP 1.5 beta

Hi Frinik,

I installed the SP 1.5 beta mod this evening and played a few single missions. I noticed that the SdKfz 251 now has a late-war camo-pattern, which looks quite good. I didn't try the mission editor yet, and thus didn't get to see any of the newly added vehicles.
There is a Luchs in there now? Wow, I always wanted a 1:35 scale model of it, but at the time (way back in the Stoneage ), there was none. Are there single missions for the Luchs? I didn't see them, but then again, my skill in reading Cyrillic characters is almost non-existent.
I tried a T-34-85 night mission and noticed a funny thing. I came across a wooden watchtower, full of German soldiers and decided to knock it down with an HE-shell, which I accomplished easily enough. I watched the tower fall, but when it hit the ground, it bounced right back up into position. Kind of a rubber tower, I guess.
I'll play with the mission editor perhaps on the weekend and have a look at all the new material. Did the SP 1.5 beta mod change some of the graphics settings, or landscape textures, too? The foliage seems now much more brown during daylight missions. Is there a way to get the old bright green, spring- or summer colours back?
In any case, even with the limited content, this should keep me busy for a good while. So, a big THANK YOU to the makers of this mod. Looking forward to their next releases, such as campaigns and missions.

Cheers,

FW