SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-31-09, 06:02 AM   #31
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
The white stripe is in fact yellow, (Looks white in the w/b pictures of that era) and yes, it means this is a training boat -or at elast a boat during its shakedown period, not yet "frontbereit" i.e. ready for combat action. So I guess you shouldn't have that skin in a combat boat, but only in the academy training missions boat

One question here: I know there was a parameter somewhere to modify the camera position of the captain's view on the bridge. Where is it? I don't want to wait until flakmonkey models his cage to be able to look over at the bow
I'd be interested in that too.....a tad busy in RL atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitrius07 View Post
jimbuna

I have a small question, if you have time to answer (i don`t have the game in my posetion right now). What is the crash dive time of thise pice of art in the game?
Couldn't say offhand.....the mod is not on my rig atm.....she should be as quick or even quicker than a Type II though.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 07:49 AM   #32
flakmonkey
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
One question here: I know there was a parameter somewhere to modify the camera position of the captain's view on the bridge. Where is it? I don't want to wait until flakmonkey models his cage to be able to look over at the bow
A temporary solution...http://www.filefront.com/14388471/wateronlendmod.7z

This adds free move to the bridge cam (with the cursor keys), so you can just place it wherever looks right for you.
I would have done a proper mod to edit the view height but my pc has gone a bit nuts lately so i cant get at s3d to edit anything.

+the original purpose of this mod was to add some ripple effects to the bridge and free cam views, so they are in there too until i get my pc working and can do things properly.
Old 07-09-11, 10:42 AM   #33
andqui
Soundman

Downloads: 195

Can anyone confirm that the radar warning receiver works with this? Do I need to do anything special with the late war sensors mod for the Schnorkel RWR?

thanks
andqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-11, 02:21 PM   #34
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

In GWX simply activate the late war sensors mod.

Old 07-09-11, 03:14 PM   #35
andqui
Soundman

Downloads: 195

Thanks- this and late war sensors overwrite basic.cfg. I gather that I should enable late war sensors first and then put the XXIII on top of that?
andqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-11, 04:15 PM   #36
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Rgr that.

Old 11-15-11, 04:33 PM   #37
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi Jimbuna,

do you know what is changed in the AI_Sensors.dat file in the mod? Hydrophone values, ASDIC values,...?

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 04:35 PM   #38
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi Jimbuna,

do you know what is changed in the AI_Sensors.dat file in the mod? Hydrophone values, ASDIC values,...?

Regards, LGN1
Sorry mate....it was so long ago

Old 11-16-11, 01:31 PM   #39
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Thanks for the reply, Jimbuna.

I found the changes in the AI_Sensors.dat (surface values for the ASDIC devices).

However, using the AI_Sensors.dat from the mod in combination with SH Commander can result in a CTD (It was modified with S3D which adds a header. This header changes the offset of the variables in the file and SH Commander will write values to the wrong address --> screwed up AI_Sensors.dat file).

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 02:06 PM   #40
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Thanks for the reply, Jimbuna.

I found the changes in the AI_Sensors.dat (surface values for the ASDIC devices).

However, using the AI_Sensors.dat from the mod in combination with SH Commander can result in a CTD (It was modified with S3D which adds a header. This header changes the offset of the variables in the file and SH Commander will write values to the wrong address --> screwed up AI_Sensors.dat file).

Regards, LGN1
That may well be the case....it was just so long ago

Old 06-03-12, 06:42 AM   #41
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Should I use with this mod (playable XXIII) the GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas mod too?
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 03:26 PM   #42
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

No problem or conflicts.

Old 06-03-12, 04:21 PM   #43
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

This is not true jimbuna:

Old 06-04-12, 01:50 AM   #44
mikey117us
Engineer

Downloads: 162

you have to open the submarine folder and enable the year 1944 in sensor 11, by deleting these ;; ( two semi-colon ) and place these ;; in front of 1945, it will give you Fumb 391 on the schnorkel, in 10/44, I changed alot of things to enable Fumb 26 Tunis on the turm and also 391 leros on the schnorkel, the Fumb 26 antenne Fliege and mucke sre not in the game, and honestly 1/45 is the only date you can use the two together as was typical. Allthough the antenne Bali was used on the typxxiii not 391. I wanted an early typxxii for 4/44, and a later one for patrols, I reskinned mine to U-2332 with emblem, my early training boat I wanted fumb 9 wanze cypern II which is located in the sensor.dat file. again not a correct radar detector it is Bali antenne on the type ixD2 schnorkel in the game. ( same mesh as the model 391 ) other problem is i need to learn alot of editing skills to model an interior from a type 2, to a xxiii, the Funk and Horch Raum moved into the port side of the Zentrale, where the TDC is, pack it with radios sound and the optical display for the radar detector, tell the game there are two people but only have one appear, bring the Mutter Kompass from the typIX also to the port side, in front of the new sound room, then place the new wall, use the the torpedo room from the type II mod with the captains bed on the star board side and the kochnische from the type II on the port, fewr beds and only two tubes, place the tdc from the conning tower between the tubes and tell the game the weapons officer is at his station but not render him in the game, close off the back whith a new wall after the compressor, entrance to diesel room. remove second telegraph and rpm indicator, to reflect single engine, remove small electrical panel as it was in the electric motor room and was as big as a type IX. What I have done so far is not so much, added a type xxiii blueprint, added an engine start sequence and sounds from a real MWM diesel from a type XXIII, changed the basic configuration to a single port diesel, a single port electric motor, a single creep motor, screw and proppelor, and moved these to the stern quarters, the electric motor room has just the motor and triebol bunker I, the deisel room has the diesel a druckluft and triebol bunker II
the command room it won't let me add the other druckluft, I need to figure out if I can lie and add tauchzelle regelzelle and freizelle more parts to break longer repair time, i moved akkum raum I and II to the BugTorpedo Raum so aft and fore batteries are in the bow and also triebol bunker 3, I am trying my best to grasp the interior rework I have plans photos and the picture in my head, my computer sucks though, hard crashes when trying to open 3d models.
mikey117us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 04:07 AM   #45
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Hello, soudns really great. Can you please send me your updated XXIII mod?