Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-17, 12:32 PM   #1
tAKticool47
Mate

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default SSN21 Interface files DL

I am hoping someone could help me out, I would like to DL the interface files for the Seawolf, I believe it's located in the SSN21 directory. I believe the specific problems are the weapons loadout files, but I am not 100% sure.

I posted my problem a few months back and a few people answered but it was not helpful. Basically, my problem has been and is that *exclusively* with the Seawolf - since adding the Reinforce Alert mod to DW - I cannot reload torpedoes. Basically, as we all know, the SSN21 has 8 torpedo tubes, no VLS, and I think overall capability to carry 50 weapons, so 42 extras. I can fire the 8 in the tube, but I cannot reload. The tubes do not offer any functionality after. So I basically have no capability to play the Seawolf. As I also mentiioned at the time, I cannot manually flood the tubes, if I ever push "FLOOD" in the weapons area, I instantly crash. I have to use a right-click "Fire Tube X @ ..." etc.

Since installing 1.43 RA, there has been some differences but not a fix. It's the weirdest thing. Yesterday I was trying to get to the bottom of the problem. I made a mission where all I did was use TLAMs to fire off the coast at some buildings, and I was successfully able to shoot 4 different volleys of 8 , reloading each time, all good right?! So I play a "real" mission w/ the Seawolf, same thing as before, can't reload. I have tried a few times, it will work once, then not work. Most of the time I cannot even change out the weapon in the tubes, neither, so if I loaded 8 ADCAPs for example, I could not swap them to TLAMs. Now I just tried a practice trial, I was able to switch the 8 ADCAPs to 8TLAMs, then fire them, but then, again, the tubes die, can't "unflood/unmuzzle" them, can't reload them, can't use them.

I am thinking it has to be a problem with the specific SSN21 files in the directory, I was wondering if someone who has 1.43 RA installed could hook me up with them, I am thinking it's something in those particular interface files that causes me a problem. It just sucks because while I love the 688i platform, it just doesn't have the same technical superiority as the Seawolf, and that means if I want to compete against bigtime Russian subs and surface ships/aircraft, I have to use the Virginia class, which is fine but I would really like to play some Seawolf here and there.

FYI- I am looking in the Interfaces directory, under SSN21. I do not have an SSN23 directory, only SSN21. I would THINK it has something to do with the wpnloadout.dll ; wpnloadoutd.dll; wpnloadoutSSN21.grp ; wpnloadoutSSN21.ndx files but I am not really smart in this field, it could be any of them, so I am thinking maybe I just need a new set of the entire directory?

Ok thanks if anyone could help me, much obliged.
tAKticool47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 01:51 PM   #2
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

Before you start throwing files at the folder, are you sure you're recycling the tube? After the shot, try clicking on the muzzle door "box" on the status panel to shut it. The tube should automatically drain and de-pressurize and you should be able to reload.
If that doesn't work there's one more thing I can think of. Go to the game's main screen and enter a new player name. Try running a Seawolf mission again and see what happens. Your old name will still be there but you'll be playing as a new character. I'm wondering if your old "name" (actually the save files) may have been corrupted at some point?

Otherwise, you may need to do a fresh install of DW then run the RA mod installer again. What you're describing sounds like something fundamental ain't right. If you have to re-install, try the Seawolf prior to updating to RA and make sure it works. Then, run the RA install and make sure everything installs correctly. There should be an installer "DOS box" that will scroll through a bunch of text as the installer does its thing. When it finishes, you may get a message saying "type Y to quit" or the installer should shut itself down automatically. BTW, the installer should take a while (something like 4 or 5 minutes) to run.

Last edited by ET2SN; 10-28-17 at 02:19 PM.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 04:39 PM   #3
tAKticool47
Mate

Downloads: 1
Default Fixed, after long last, very difficult.

So I never responded to my last post- to be honest I was a little disappointed, I had not thought I was asking for much, it would take 30 seconds for someone to zip up the files I had wanted, but hey, I get it.

Well, After spending all day yesterday unsuccessfully trying to fix my problem once and for all, I finally fixed it this morning. I basically went with two fresh installs yesterday, which still did not fix it. Very disappointing.

So then today, I said, I absolutely can get to the bottom of this. I have a virtual supercomputer and built a computer at the age of 12. 24 years later, I can fix a software problem. So, I deleted everything, completed a fresh install, then went to the Reinforce Alert website, and followed their instructions TO THE LETTER, in the proper order, and it looks like my problems have been fixed.

As I had said before- it was particularly a problem with the Seawolf-class SSN23. There was some sort of corruption in the interface files, undoubtedly. Often times, I could not even swap out a round in the tube, and when I fired the tube, it became useless. Sometimes it would result in all the tube options being orange , sometimes the middle two or three boxes would stay green, but the Flood and Muzzle would be orange. There was never a way to "recycle" (to use the previous posters term) a tube. This only happened in the Seawolf class. Virginia-class worked great, LA class, etc. There was also a big problem in that *each and every time* I would press the Flood button in the Seawolf/SSN23 tube areas, any single tube, each and every time, it would result in an instant crash. Which would mean the only way I could fire would be to right-click from the main map. I could have lived with that, if they didn't also become one-shot tubes (making the Seawolf an 8-weapon platform, worthless really.0

As I stated, I really thought that I could fix it with a replacing of all the Seawolf-class interface directory files, but obviously, I was unsuccessful in my attempt to acquire those files. So I figured I had to do it myself.

--- the only thing I can think of is that I did something wrong previously that resulted in a small-scale problem/corruption/misfire during installation that didn't affect anything else. Did I not use the proper patch? Did I forget to unpack the wrapper? Did I install RA wrong? Who knows.

But I have played a few quick games with both the Seawolf and the Jimmy Carter and have fired 8-round salvo after salvo and seem to be fine. I can operate the tubes normally, I can reload, swap , flood, open the muzzle, close the muzzle, unflood, etc. Fire, reload, fire reload. IT APPEARS I have fixed my problem.

I just thought this might be relevant to anyone with RA who has any problems. As many have said , you have to follow the (exhaustive) entire process or you can get serious problems. Clean install, patch, wrapper, install, etc. Hope that helps someone in the future who has a problem similar.
tAKticool47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 06:14 PM   #4
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

Its good to see you got things running.

In my experience, throwing files at Sonalyst games rarely fixes them. Part of your database files may have been corrupted at some point.

BTW, there's a book out there called Blind Man's Bluff by Sontag and Drew you may enjoy reading. The Carter can do a LOT of things but she isn't an attack boat.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote