SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5 > Silent Hunter Online
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-07-15, 11:07 AM   #46
cloadmcally
A-ganger

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

If you ask me, the only thing we can do is to wait.
I'll explaine a little bit better:
Take the sim city franchise, EA screwd it over and an Indie development studios i.e. Colossal Order built "Cities skylines" wich is an apsolutely awesome game, and it had a publisher like paradox behind the project which actually cares about the content she releases.
I hope the same is gonna happen for the roller coaster tycoon series and obviously for sh.
So People be patient, it looks like a god of games still looks at us after all

Uss Trout (ss 243)
cloadmcally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-15, 12:49 PM   #47
ExFishermanBob
Difficulties Numbing

Downloads: 43

I have to say that I find games companies particularly slow-witted with regards to their back-catalogues.

Consider a re-released SH3 with nothing extra other than up-to-date graphics and support for wide-screen (or even multiple screens), that would still function with mods and existing saved games. Would I pay to upgrade? - yes ( even with knowing that there are mods out there to do that already). More of the same, but a little better, as it were.

The same applies to the original CoD UO - a simple update to more modern graphics would be good... and probably a large number of still-played older games could support that model. Much better than micro-transactions.

Still, what do I know.
ExFishermanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-15, 01:21 PM   #48
CaptainRamius
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 19

I'm pretty sure this freemium is beyond dead.
After Silent a Hunter 5, Ubisoft's commitment to great Subsim has gone down the drain. That's a (huge) shame, because I'm a long time Silent Hunter fan.
CaptainRamius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-15, 08:25 AM   #49
ReLax
Watch

I wonder that this game is still online. I was involved years ago in the closed beta of SHO and I had several discussions with developers and the community managers.
When I began to point out what is broken with this game, what is needed in that game, it became clear that nor BlueByte or Ubisoft ever intendet to make SHO suitable for us.
It was the last attempt to make Silent Hunter open for a bigger crowd with a comepletly dumped down gameplay and everything suitet for playing it in the browser so nobody has get into the game further then knowing what a torpedo is.

Furthermore, I have to say that we won't get a new subsim in the next years. The best thing which can us simmers happen, would be an EaglyDynamics approach. A developer/publisher providing a platform for third party developer which provide the submarines. This business modell can survive with low customer numbers, everything else the time is over in my humble opinion.

Anyway a nice sunday!
ReLax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-15, 09:07 AM   #50
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLax View Post
I
Furthermore, I have to say that we won't get a new subsim in the next years.
That's just not true.

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic™ - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forum • facebook
v-i-c- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-15, 08:54 PM   #51
Satch
Watch

Downloads: 1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman764 View Post
Didn't something similar happen with the Falcon 4.0 community? But it may have been due to Microprose going out of business.
Microprose didn't go out of business. Gillman Louie sold it to another company. He went on to bigger and better things in the security business.
The Falcon 4.0 code was stolen and distributed at large. I came across a copy and contacted Atari/Hasbro/Infograms (dont want to remember which one)AKA The owners. to purchase a license to legitimately create a follow on release to be called Falcon 5.0. I paid $100,000 for the license. My effort to produce this legitimate game was destroyed by lieing, cheating and outright theft.
The insane nightmare that followed began when one of the pirate groups made a deal with owners to convert their pirated version into a releasable game. The rest of the story is for another day.
Old 12-18-15, 05:40 PM   #52
ReLax
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-i-c- View Post
That's just not true.
Nope? Tell me more, and don't tell me your WOTA will be the next generation of subsim's. Because everything I read about it, it will be just an arcade like iOS game currently. Your survey is comepletly for iOS users and I doubt currently that it will be easily ported to PC and you alone can do the work of big developement teams investing in the Silent Hunter Series, in Dangerous Waters or the third party developer do into the DCS Add Ons.
Im too cynical to believe this, but it will be a pleasure to see that I'm wrong, and If I'm wrong I will be instantly buy WOTA. But until now, its for me a SHO on steroids.
Old 12-18-15, 05:50 PM   #53
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Then you've got wrong information.
I'm working since almost since 7 years on it. In some aspects it is already superior to the Silent Hunter Series (the whole hydrodynamics) and it won't be arcade.

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic™ - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forum • facebook
Old 12-21-15, 12:47 PM   #54
cherbert
Engineer

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Then you've got wrong information.
I'm working since almost since 7 years on it. In some aspects it is already superior to the Silent Hunter Series (the whole hydrodynamics) and it won't be arcade.
If you are so committed to releasing something of this quality why are you persisting on making it an iPad game? If you intend on such a serious simulation why not switch over to PC?
cherbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-15, 01:03 PM   #55
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

It will be available for Mac, Linux and Windows. That was always the plan. It was easier to publish on iOS than on desktop, that's why iOS comes first.

Old 12-22-15, 03:03 AM   #56
CaptainRamius
Sonar Guy

Quote:
It will be available for Mac, Linux and Windows. That was always the plan. It was easier to publish on iOS than on desktop, that's why iOS comes first.
Any idea when? The release keeps getting pushed further and further away

Last edited by CaptainRamius; 12-22-15 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-22-15, 05:25 AM   #57
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Should be released for iOS in early April.

Old 12-22-15, 07:00 AM   #58
CaptainRamius
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Should be released for iOS in early April.
Great, not too far off
Old 12-22-15, 02:07 PM   #59
ReLax
Watch

Quote:
How long do you plan for the portation from iOS to PC? Because as long as it is not on PC for me, and this is my point of view, it won't be a subsim.
And my estimation was in the next years, so how is your roadmap when your iOS release for the Arcade Variant I think is in April?
Old 03-18-16, 08:49 AM   #60
frogazboll
Nub

Downloads: 18

so is this game dead? and if not how do i get it? huge fan of silent hunter games
frogazboll is offline   Reply With Quote