SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-05-12, 09:32 PM   #1546
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Looking good, be handy to replace the black hole cupboard next to the bed I use in Breezehome at the moment which has a libraries worth of books in it.

Meanwhile I've run into a Draugr Deathlord, quite an impressive chap, knows the full lyrics to the Fus Ro Dah song. I feel a bit -

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 03:38 AM   #1547
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Meanwhile I've run into a Draugr Deathlord, quite an impressive chap, knows the full lyrics to the Fus Ro Dah song. I feel a bit -
I really hate their disarm shout
got a fancy blade and it got shouted somewhere in the dark corner of a big room took me well 5 minutes to find it.

and it does look a bit silly when you charge them and your weapon gets blown out of your hands and you end end up standing close to them with 2 fists
*punch----runs away*

HunterICX
Old 04-06-12, 03:58 AM   #1548
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
got a fancy blade and it got shouted somewhere in the dark corner of a big room took me well 5 minutes to find it.

and it does look a bit silly when you charge them and your weapon gets blown out of your hands and you end end up standing close to them with 2 fists
*punch----runs away*

HunterICX
I hate them too I had the same problem with Dawnbreaker took me bloody ages to find it
Old 04-06-12, 06:26 AM   #1549
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Use bash to disrupt them. The instant they start opening their mouths, bash them. Then go back to swinging.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 07:53 AM   #1550
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Oh man I think I've only had Disarm work on me with one guy, oddly enough once I get to a certain level it seems like they shout a lot of stuff where nothing happens. But the Disarm that actually disarmed me... yikes. I can't remember what weapon I had but it was a really nice high-end one of my own making and I was so used to being FusRoDahed and getting flung around... so when he shouted me and that didn't happen I was like "Har, sucks to be you, Draugr" and then I noticed that I was all of a sudden holding nothing but the sad little Dwarven dagger I'd looted out of a chest moments before and I was like... oh crap.

About that time I also got the dagger shouted out of my hand and that's when I decided that discretion was, in fact, the better part of valor.

frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 08:02 AM   #1551
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Use bash to disrupt them. The instant they start opening their mouths, bash them. Then go back to swinging.
This exact same technique also works great on dragons.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 09:13 AM   #1552
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

FUS-DO*BASH*!

Sorry.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 07:12 PM   #1553
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post

*punch----runs away*

HunterICX
Haha, YES that does suck, funny thing is my main, or 'first' character was a mage so I never even realized this shout was going on until I rolled my second playthru.
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 08:51 AM   #1554
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

Its out at last
Unofficial Skyrim Patch

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=19
Old 04-07-12, 08:55 AM   #1555
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

I haven't gotten a chance to play with it yet, (wife keeps me busy), but check this out and tell me what you think.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21519...nderground_rar

If that link doesn't work, try this one:

http://www.ducimus.net/skyrim/House_...nderground.rar

Player house I made in whiterun that i mentioned earlier. Fast travel to whiterun, look immediately to your right to the arch thats part of the city wall. You'll find a trapdoor in an alcove.
Old 04-07-12, 06:37 PM   #1556
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Nice place Ducimus, was starting to run out of space in my house in Whiterun.
Old 04-07-12, 07:00 PM   #1557
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
Nice place Ducimus, was starting to run out of space in my house in Whiterun.

Any feedback? I think i might need to readjust the lighting level with the candle chandalier above the book racks. I was trying to make the overall level, practical, and believable, hence the lighting. Trying to have everything you'd need, and yet not being your sterotypical player house mansion.
Old 04-08-12, 07:06 AM   #1558
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I'm just going to leave this here...

And then watch it again...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 09:01 AM   #1559
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Default My Skyrim tweaks if your interested

I've thought about it, and i've decided i'm just not going to be releasing any mods to skyrim nexus, steam workshop, or anywhere else. These mods really aren't that big a deal. Lots of people out there, doing the exact same crap i'm doing, so i'm just not gonna be another "me too" modder. Whatever i can come up with, someone already has i'm sure.

I will post them here though, cause then i don't have to write up documentation, post screenshots, and all that other stuff i dislike doing. Though i'll give a breif explanation of what they do. (link at bottom of this post) Use them singly if you like, or together, or not at all. I made them for myself. I use mainly my own mods, because for some reason, i still have a hard time trusting other people not to screw things up. Which is the reason i got into modding SH3 and SH4.

Quote:

Root directory of this download:

A bunch of txt files. These are batch files. Ever want to start a character, but dislike the racial starting statistics? Use these. Using is simple

After creating your chracter and escaping the dragon in helgen, the instant your inside after having followed Hadvar or Ralof, save the game, then bring down the console and type in:

bat (whichever txt file here)

Example:
bat bretonarcher

What this will do is reset their bonus stats to 15 (default for no bonus skill) and raise archer like skills to 20. I've made each batch file to be in line with standard starting skill bonuses. Nothing overpowered. Examine the files, you'll see exactly what they do.
Quote:
z_My_CompleteSmith.esp
// New Armor recipies

- Skyforge Ancient nord light and heavy armors recipies. Standard ancient nord the Drauger use is unchanged. It bugged me to no end that your reward for completing the companions questline was a recpies for obsolete armor. As armor rating goes, the heavy is equivlant to orcish , and light equivlant to glass. The weight is unchanged, so heavy ancient nord is an improvement over orcish in that it's lighter.

- Trailer Dragonborn armor pieces, (accessible in wardens chest at start of game in helgen). Yeah you could use the existing iron pieces, however, these ones are LIGHT armored. So you can wear all light armor and look like the dude in the trailer. Also a light armored banded shield.

- Additional steel light armor accessible to steel smithing perk. (steel chainmail that guard models use, not plate. It bugged me that light armor selection was limited)

//smithing tree/perks

-increased smithing improvment rate by 50%. changed skill use mult from 1.0 to 1.5
- added missing armor/weapon materials to steel smtihing. (iron, wood, banded, etc)
- Steel smithing renamed to "basic smithing"
- Dwarven armor allows tempering of honed drauger/falmer weapons
- renamed "advanced armor" to Nord Armors since all the armor that perk gives is nord cultural items.

// Smelting
- Can smelt standard melee weapons for ingots. except dwarven.

// Arrow smithing.
Can craft all arrows. Including nord Hero arrows at the skyforge. Their equivlant to daedric arrows.

Note: I'd recommend running this in tandem with this mod:
(one of the few mods i trust to never cause issues)
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1020

Quote:
z_MY_House_Whiterun.esp
Previously posted "Whiterun underground" with an extra lighting tweak near the bookshelves. I really made this for convenience and logistics. I got sick of using player houses and finding something wrong with them all the time. Also i dislike housing mods that put huge things into the game world in terms of the landscape, or break immersion. This mod reflects that. High on practicality, low on impact. This also allows you to have a house in whiterun without starting the main quest.
Quote:

z_My_FasterTwohand.esp

//Items
- Greatsword speed set to 0.9 ( Compared to 1handed sword at 1.0 )
- Battleaxe speed set to 0.8 ( compared to 1handed axe at 0.9 )
- Warhammer speed set to 0.7 ( compared to 1handed mace at 0.8 )

(note: default speeds for 2 handed were 0.7 for greatswords and 0.6 for battleaxe and warhammer )

I know there are mods that add perks to the two handed tree that do the same thing, however, i dislike altering the perk tree too much. Particuarly if the mod is adding perks that weren't in the original game design. So instead, i went and edited the base items. Hence, this will effect ALL two handed usage, not just yours. Makes things more interesting.
Quote:
z_My_DoomStones.esp

- Changed (more like fixed) which skills are effected by warrior, theif, and mage stones. I don't remember exactly what it was before, but it was grossly uneven, with the theif stone being heavily favored by the vanilla setup. ( For example Marksman in vanilla is really under theif and not warrior. )

* Warrior doomstone now improves:
1 handed, 2 handed, block, heavy armor, smithing, marksman, light armor ( 7 total)

*Theif stone now improves:
Alchemy, light armor, lockpicking, marksman, pickpocket, sneak, speechcraft (7 total)

*Mage stone now improves
enchanting, alteration, restoration, destruction, conjuration, illusion, alchemy (7 total)

- This increases warrior, theif, mage stones to a 25% skill increase instead of 20.

- Lover stone changed to 20% skill increase instead of 15%.

- Theif, mage, warrior, lover stones also add a 25% magic resistance. I got sick of feeling like I had to play a breton. So I evened the playing field for myself. Adding the magic reisstance this way, doesn't effect the NPC's you fight. If i had added it as a racial bonus, every npc of that race would have had it.
Quote:
z_MY_Core.esp
- Reduces compass marker range so you have to explore a little more to find points of intrest.

- Reduces time scale to 10. In game day goes by slower then vanilla. 1 minute in RL equates to 10 mins in game.
Default i think was 20 or 30.

- adds some starting equipment to warden chest in helgen. NOTE: if you want the light armor from the smithing mod, load the smithing mod AFTER this one.
Quote:
z_MY_RacialPowerChanges.esp
This ones a little bit of a cheat.

- wood elf command animal was increased in magnitute, duration, and changed from a greater power to a lesser power. Meaning you can use it anytime you want.

- Increased duration and magnitude of nord battle cry. Although you can still only use it once per day.

- changed Breton dragonskin's duration to last 1 hour. I believe i left it to where it can only be used once a day. My main intention was a "OMG he's hurling lighting at me" button. I got tired of being owned by some Dragon priest who should be named "Edison's medicine".
Quote:
z_MY_Werewolf.esp
A number of small tweaks, to improve being a werewolf. Id say your 25% to 50% more powerful then before. I wanted to be kick ass, but not stupidly overpowered.
Quote:
z_MY_HorseFix.esp
My attempt to:
- Increase horse sprinting distance (succeeded)
- Reduce the rate/range at which horses will jump into fights (only partially succeeded. Sometimes they butt out, sometimes they don't, haven't quite nailed it down yet)
Quote:
z_MY_ItemFixes.esp
This is my repository for items i dubbed "needed fixing" in the course of play. So far, all i have altered with this file is the tempering of blades armor using steel instead of whatever it was before. (offhand, i don't think you could temper it at all before)
D/L Link:
www.ducimus.net/skyrim/GPLAY_MyTweaks.rar

EDIT:

FYI, i found a bug with my house mod. When you remove books from the bookshelves while reading them, and pressing E to take them, they aren't recognizing that the books have been removed. The result is the book is being duplicated in your inventory when you try to remove it. On the other hand if you open the shelf like a chest, and remove them that way, they are not duplicating.

Last edited by Ducimus; 04-10-12 at 05:57 AM. Reason: updated doomstone description, as it does more then i originally described.
Old 04-08-12, 12:44 PM   #1560
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

I'm using your smithing mod Ducimus. I totally agree about the rewards for the companions questline being obsolete. Thanks for fixing it.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote