SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-17-17, 06:23 PM   #4276
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I was in a Gar. I was awarded the Gar from the Sargo I entered Fremantle on.
Old 03-17-17, 07:09 PM   #4277
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
I was in a Gar. I was awarded the Gar from the Sargo I entered Fremantle on.
Many times I've been transferred from Fremantle to Brisbane in a S-class boat, but never in a Gar class or Sargo.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-17, 07:21 PM   #4278
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Many times I've been transferred from Fremantle to Brisbane in a S-class boat, but never in a Gar class or Sargo.
Without being notified by a message of some kind?
Old 03-17-17, 07:56 PM   #4279
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1105
Uploads: 10

Hmm.

I have been in area 51's super dooper dark room.

My experiments on minefields and big bangs have all failed.

I made these following changes to FotRSU v.056

Inserted vSH5 - Data > Ordnance - to over write older version
Inserted vSH5 - Data > Library - to over write older version

The same sound is still alive and kicking. See below:

Looking more closely:

- Data > Library > AntiSubNet.dsd > SoundSource holds the sound commands for both:
Collisions.AntiSubmarineNet_ext
Collisions.AntiSubmarineNet_int

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok, i now deleted both above sound files and wow, no more bad sounds with mission / campaign start-up or entering Truk.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hmm perhaps, changing the:
- Data > Library > AntiSubNet.dsd > SoundSource > soundfile names, and updating the dsd file to match the new names may help?
It's 01:14 hrs time for bed.

Last edited by s7rikeback; 03-17-17 at 08:15 PM. Reason: oops, sorry for large background...
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-17, 09:33 PM   #4280
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
1. Delete the Documents/SH4 folder
Don't Do it!!!

It's a trap to nerf your maximum time compression

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-17, 06:53 AM   #4281
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
Don't Do it!!!

We promise to coach advanced players who know the risks in making any maximum time compression they want. However there are very good reasons to keep TC at or under 2048. In non-battle situations I'm an 8096er myself. But I've lost boats that way too.

And gutted, I'm not going to dare tell you how to play your game. Next version will force all battles to be fought at 16x!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-17, 10:40 AM   #4282
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
Don't Do it!!!

It's due to eliminating the old "Save" game files that don't change between mods!!

Any player changing mods should always delete the Documents/SH4 folder. The game makes a new one every time the game restarts! Any changes the new mod makes after its been "Activated" through JSGME will be put into the new game saves, but it doesn't touch the files of previous game saves.

Why is this important?

1. To keep from playing a past game save that doesn't include the same files currently installed in-game. This alone will keep players from running into trouble when the game looks for certain game files (that aren't the same) as the "save" game files that are no longer in-game. Deleting your past accomplishments/achievements is a small price to pay for game stability.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-17, 11:17 AM   #4283
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Without being notified by a message of some kind?

Affirmative.

Old 03-18-17, 11:34 AM   #4284
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicheBach
......... It was then I realized my CO2 was still going up, even though I was on the surface and had been for an hour or more.

I did a save, sped it up and the CO2 just kept going up despite being surfaced. While it was on about 576 speed I did one dive to periscope depth, then back to surface to see if that would clear it up but it didn't.

Died about halfway between Soemba and the Australian west coast, despite being on the surface continuously.

I have seen this happen at least once if not twice before, though I cannot recall if it was only while playing with FOTRS or also happened in stock.

ADDIT: it appears that saving the game while the CO^2 glitch is active. Closing to Windows, and reloading fixes it.
This Co2 issue is a stock game bug. I've had it happen to me playing the stock game....for no apparent reason. I've heard players say it's because you Alt+Tab out of the game (a Windows key function that lets you return to the desktop while keeping a program {like a game} running in the background). But, I never Alt+Tab out of the game, yet it still occurred to me.

Yes, the "save" game, exit the game, replay the "save" process seems to straighten things out (it will fix other issues too when they arise), so that's the best alternative fix.

Actually here's some pointers on game stability that all players should keep in mind while playing/saving your game.......found HERE.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-17, 01:03 PM   #4285
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Affirmative.
To add to the oddity, returned to Brisbane from this patrol on May 19 '42 and after docking the "news" message tells me about the Battle of Midway that "took" place on June 4 '42.
I must be playing in a time warp!

But, after selecting the next patrol the start date became Jun12 '42. Just seems that the news message was out of synch with my docking date.
Old 03-18-17, 01:14 PM   #4286
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
To add to the oddity, returned to Brisbane from this patrol on May 19 '42 and after docking the "news" message tells me about the Battle of Midway that "took" place on June 4 '42.
I must be playing in a time warp!

But, after selecting the next patrol the start date became Jun12 '42. Just seems that the news message was out of synch with my docking date.
Well all I can say is that SH4 is a game and will not be perfect in all cases. Some other mod you have installed if that's the case might be affecting things. Hard to tell.

Old 03-18-17, 01:15 PM   #4287
Alstack
Swabbie

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Thank you all for the hard work. I am looking forward to diving into your newest creation.
Old 03-18-17, 03:13 PM   #4288
geosub1978
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
There's not too much to poke around in for the damage message. It'd be nice if the game differentiated, but it doesn't seem to. We may have found an issue with the sub nets anyway, we're looking into that now. As for the CO2 continually building up, even when on the surface, did you happen to ALT-TAB out of the game while playing? That can cause all sorts of strange behavior. If you play windowed, and click on the background, it doesn't seem to act the same as the ALT-Tab does. Next time you have that happen, "Save" the game, exit and then start the game again, and see if it doesn't re-set. Not guaranteed... As for the torpedo hits, it's more varied in FotRSU than a lot of other mods. There is still the glass-jawed CL and CA vessels though. Hit them with one torp, especially magnetic just below the keel, but if there's two front turrets, between the 2nd turret and the bridge, and if there's 3 turrets, between the 2nd and 3rd turrets (usually). The vessel will quite offten blow up, due to a "magazine" hit. Not always, and not all of them. That was being worked on, but other things have come up. Some folks do not like the ships not sinking right away, or needing 4 and 5 torps for merchants to go down, but that is the way things were. Sometimes they'd go down rather quickly with two hits, other times it took forever and lots of torps. Depends upon the ships' ballast condition, its water-tight compartmentalization, and the efficiency of the crew and firefighting equipment. I've done tests with the Yamato before, and it takes 8-10 torps in FotRSU to get it to go down. In stock, 5 or 6. An Ise in Stock was 4, if reasonably well-placed. It's still close to that, but usually 5 or 6. Tankers are another story. If you get a loaded one and it ignites, it might go down with one. If it does not ignite, it might take 2 or 3. Empty, I've emptied a six-shootin' Gar on one before, no duds, and it didn't slow down. Sure stirred up the hornet's nest of DDs around it though - I died... so it really varies, which can be frustrating, but hey, it's a game...
For the completity of the conversation (all were impact hits, none under keel):

BATTLESHIPS SUNK BY TORPEDOES

ROYAL OAK: 3hits+1 (of no damage)
BARHAM: 3hits
PRINCE OF WALES: 4hits
REPULSE: 3hits + 4 (after start sinking)
KONGO: 1 or 2hits
FUSO: 1 or 2hits
YAMATO/MUSASHI: 10++ (both were finished after first 4-5 hits).

BIG CARRIERS SUNK BY TORPEDOES

CURAGEOUS: 2hits
ARK ROYAL: 1hit
EAGLE: 4hits (finished after 2)
SHOKAKU: 3 or 4hits
TAIHO: 1hit
ZUIKAKU: 7hits (finished after first 4hits)
SHINANO: 4hits
YORKTOWN: 2 (saved)+2(sinking)

CRUISERS
All which took 2 or more hits were sunk

Last edited by geosub1978; 03-18-17 at 03:45 PM.
geosub1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-17, 03:37 PM   #4289
Sniper450
Officer

Downloads: 177

I was in War Patrol Trigger patrol 1 in '42 when I sent out from pearl...I was supposed to sail and patrol west of Attu islands. When looking at the map the 'star' to designate my patrol area was sitting over Dutch Harbor. I am using .56.
Sniper450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-17, 04:46 PM   #4290
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

If you're in a Narwhal, you might get assigned a SpecOps mission of some kind out of Pearl, but shouldn't be getting an Attu Patrol, much less with a Patrol Star near Dutch Harbor. If it was South of Dutch Harbor, like halfway between Pearl and Dutch Harbor, that's an Umnak Patrol, which is one that I made, and shouldn't be able to be called from a Pearl Flotilla... hmmm...

Did you empty your My Documents \ SH4 save folder before playing, just to be sure?... any other mods in with FotRSU?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote