SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-15-08, 06:36 AM   #121
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Default hola

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999-Jay-999
1. Racerboy_SH4_Effects_GWX_21 is the mod or the main folder
2. Rb_SH4_Effects_Life_boat is for compability of this mod with lifeboats mod
3. RB_SH4_GWX_21_204D is the new version update

Is the Rb_SH4_Effects_Life_boat to be used instead of the lifeboat mod ? or used with it ?.. sorry little confused.. :hmm:
Hey!
NO NO NO lifeboat mod is a differnet mod from rubini. The difference between racerboys mod and lifeboat mod is in one file or they CONFLICT in one file.. That folder when you enable it in the order I mentioned and ofcourse AFTER you enabled lifeboat mod, erases that difference, so the two mods are playable together..
I go now..
Cheers!!
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 07:22 AM   #122
asanovic7
Captain

Default !!!quicky Fix!!! and..

1. Please, all of you who downloaded the new version 2.04d..
Please download this quicky fix and put it in it.
In my eagerness I have made small mistakes.
This is the first correcting.. For some other I will mention later I have to ask the elders, so when all mistakes will be corrected, hopefully, I will release a new, full big release. In the meantime I apologize if something wrong happened to tyour game, but please report it!!!
HERE IS THE QUICKY FIX DOWNLOAD FOR THE VERSION 2.04D FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DOWNLOADED IT:

http://dodownload.filefront.com/1023...a4810005889752

I have also updated the main 204d so it's ok..

2. Now, since I don't want to be mad on anyone and God forbid, someone on me(although there are plenty of them ) I want to say this.

I have entered in a fight with a6intruder two days ago as I was very nervous and annoyed. When I think about that two days after, maybe I overreacted and maybe I shouldn't have been so p..d off. Well, I have a temper like a girl on pms, I get easily p..d off if I have some f..d up important "real life" obligations.
Also, this is a good as any event to show nothing is white or black, and that even when you think something is black, shades of grey emerge. I know I sound like I'm full of cr.p, but that's how I feel about a6intruder for couple of reasons. First, indirectly or directly he led me to the first big bug of this mod. That artilleriesomething on my installation dissappears, on his it has no funnel smoke. I thought because he was messing with several installs that he might made a mistake there but that was my mistake to assume that. I will put it as a bug and with the help of elders maybe we can fix it. And next time I will release one compact release..
Second, he led me to the dkrueger's version of this mod. I was only interested in it because of the smokes. Until I checked out dkruegers work with textures. That is really a smashing job he did there. I plan to ask dkrueger as his textures are allready here in this mod, to let me include his wonderful work in this release. If he says no, I will tell everybody how to mix them to get a great combo.
So, all in all a6intruder in his way showed me some things that made me reconsider my actions..
That's pretty much all I wanted to say.

AND PLEASE REPORT ANY ODDITY YOU SEE..
forgot
cheers!

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-16-08 at 07:34 AM.
Old 05-16-08, 12:19 PM   #123
Myxale
Admiral

Lo, mate, which version is the latest now. Kinda confused:hmm:
Hope you're doing well old Pirate!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 12:29 PM   #124
verde13
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

I'm confused, why are there two particles.dat ?
verde13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 01:28 PM   #125
asanovic7
Captain

Default huh ;)

I promise I will make a big compact release next time.. :rotfl:

Ok, on page 1 I explained two files for download.
Both are jsgme ready.. The first is the v204c, it is standalone version and I have put a message number on page 1 to see pics from that release.

The second is v204d, that is the new version, but not a standalone. I made it because lots of people(wow am I c..y :rotfl: ) downloaded v204c so I made for v204d a little jsgme upgrade for v204c. If you didn't download it before, for both versions you have to download them both, enable v204c and then v204d.

In the post "quicky fix" I have put a file download destination for 50 people who downloaded v204d which had flaws. So that particles.dat corrects v204d but it should only be downloaded for people who downloaded v204d(those 50), if you are new download v204d from the first page, I upgraded it, so it has not flaws.. :rotfl: :rotfl: This is so confusing for me also. But in my mind now is boose(is that the right spelling) I corrected some flaws in v204d and put that download destination..
Now, for being an idiot as I am I put two particles.dat :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: in that quickyfix, not by my intention, it was divine.. Ok those particles.dat are the same. Put them in the v204d IF YOU DOWNLOADED IT YESTERDAY(hint: compare the files date it should be the same if you don't need it)..
:rotfl:
Myxhale jel ti to mene zajebavas?

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Cheers to all, go get drunk!
Old 05-17-08, 01:38 AM   #126
verde13
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

All right then. Thanks
verde13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 12:04 PM   #127
mengle
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 127

asanocic7 is it possible to post the officer icon mod becouse you can't dll him
mengle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 04:23 PM   #128
asanovic7
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mengle
asanocic7 is it possible to post the officer icon mod becouse you can't dll him
asanocic :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Ok, I have to tell you it's sukhoi's das boot officer mod, I wondered purely by higher powers intention on it.. So there are two solutions.. One of them I don't know of and one is to pm you which I'm about to do just now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by everybody
Raging bull
Ok, I am now again on good terms with a6intruder and I am glad. Well, maybe not so glad..
Apparently, one of the destroyers has funnel smokes from one or from no funnel with v204d.. I will sort it out.
I hope..

OK , elders just spoke.. about the artillerie bug..
Please, people, make a mission with artillerie something ship(LC_MALL IN SEA FOLDER) and try to sink it or whatever, just watch it..
If it sinks, vanishes, guy on the deck is a fart a.s, misses a funnel smoke report, please..
It seems that ship is vanishing also without this mod on, so I could say that is not a bug of this mod..

FORGOT THIS!!!

ANYONE PLEASE, WHO KNOWS D.KRUGER, CAN YOU PLEASE TELL HIM HE HAS A PM, FROM LITTLE ME, ABOUT INCLUDING HIS NEW TEXTURES IN THIS MOD???

cheers

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-17-08 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-17-08, 08:08 PM   #129
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

Hey mate, how are you doing? Manchester gonna win on wednesday!

I'm here to tell you two things... first one is that my sound pack V3 is online and second is that I think you should make your smokes more vulnerable to wind... I mean, with strong wind, the smoke goes 1 kilometer up, and 1 kilometer to the direction of the wind, so it getz diagonal. Can you understand the picture?

Old 05-19-08, 05:11 AM   #130
asanovic7
Captain

Default hey

oK.. I have some questions, please..

1. How do you feel about starshell gun? test, reaction, anything
2. How do you feel about sounds? also

ok, some sounds are too loud.. :rotfl: catfight told, I agree, but those are waves files, if someone can make... wait phillip_thomsen, why ofcourse.. nevermind.

But I don't know if people like it or people hate it, some opinions would be great.
because I maybe erase it from the new release, but I will leave it if you like it, it would be great also if someone with historical background tells what he thinks.. personally, I feel those announces are a little bit too john waynish.. for the british..

phillip_thomsen :rotfl:
you missed the fight about smokes..:rotfl:
Ok, here is the thing. I will try to make a triangle you suggest, but please, and this I mean here everyone..
I still didn't hear from any living soul.. :rotfl:
new! I meant the difference between v204c and v204d!

3. How do you feel about smokes in v204d?

Am I going in the right direction or what? Then, I can do something new..

p.s. don't forget dkruger..
p.s.s. I am working on some rb ideas for 2.05.. trying.. any hint or help would be great..
p.s.s.s. about the sound pack v3, maybe we make it compatible? it is not hard?
p.s.s.s.s. a6intruder

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-19-08 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-19-08, 09:14 AM   #131
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
For me, i love starshell gun and sounds. The funnelsmoke should be for my taste much more darker.
If you need a helping hand for testing, i am with you.
Kind regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 09:54 AM   #132
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Downloads: 426

.... Samo Polako Zemljace !!!
Old 05-19-08, 10:00 AM   #133
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7

2. Now, since I don't want to be mad on anyone and God forbid, someone on me(although there are plenty of them ) I want to say this.

I have entered in a fight with a6intruder two days ago as I was very nervous and annoyed. When I think about that two days after, maybe I overreacted and maybe I shouldn't have been so p..d off. Well, I have a temper like a girl on pms, I get easily p..d off if I have some f..d up important "real life" obligations.

So, all in all a6intruder in his way showed me some things that made me reconsider my actions..
Just seeing this. We all all come across situations that test us here, it's our choice how we react, SUBSIM deserves our best efforts to keep our actions here above bar

Same for RL situations, it's difficult ( we all have lives away from this place ), but they need to be kept out of how things get posted in the forums.

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 10:02 AM   #134
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7

Just seeing this. We all all come across situations that test us here, it's our choice how we react, SUBSIM deserves our best efforts to keep our actions here above
bar

Same for RL situations, it's difficult, but they need to be kept out of how things get posted here.

Anyway, things seem to be working themselves out

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 10:43 AM   #135
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
Default reply to ''hey''

Dear Asanovic7

I follow you from the beginning, I am Racerboys fan too (and I hope the best for him) and I try your mod several days now, trying it with or without OLCE 1.7.

The last days many mods attempts help us enjoy SH3, and with several updates.

The problem is, the combatibility between them, and, the special effort to substitue one with/for an other and again, and after again.

(For these reason I stopt the update of OLCE in the version 1.7. Indeed, the actual 2.2 version is an other mod, not only a version. With wich one your mod is compatible? Every time Onelifecrisis change cap, you follow him?)

Personally, I did a big effort to modify my SH3 with GWX 2.0 compatible mods and I can't do all the marathon again.

So, I try your mod, but without every cosmetic addition like sh3.sdl, sounds, starshell etc. I will be really very happy if the visual change is without mistakes and bugs.

More specifically, I would like, if is possible, avoid the fireworks during explosions (you now, the red/rose flying fire balls) and people who fly few centimeters above the surface. Better see them below the surface than flying few centimeters above. For the same reason, I use the version without bodys in the water of Rubini's Lifeboats.

I hat CTD with your mod inside port in 1944 during air raid: it was enormous. Bombs explosions from the havy bombers, flakguns firing from everywere (GWX harbor traffic) my own flakguns firing, bombers in fire drop in the sea, explosions from hited ships and... CTD. With nvidia 8800 GTX and 2GB DDR800 and core2duo 6850. Before CTD just 1 or 2 fps. Really no the same thing like academy training...

I appreciate all your effort for sharing and stay polite and I wish you the best.

For me the best thing can happen: somebody finish the Racerboy's work with flags and pennants .... at least one IX ship ... anyone... I know, dreams...

Keep up the good attitude.

Sorry for bad English.

NGT is offline   Reply With Quote