SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-19-18, 04:59 AM   #1
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 532
Uploads: 224

radar World of Warships: Das Boot — submarines will launch in 2019

World of Warships: Das Boot — submarines will launch in 2019

Quote:
Wargaming is about to introduce submarines in World of Warships, the multiplayer World War II naval ship shooter that has more than 1.5 million monthly active players. The developers will also redo aircraft carriers in a way that makes planes and ship combat more accessible to players, according to a briefing by Alexander Nikolaev, publishing director for North America for World of Warships.

The changes represent a lot of risk for Wargaming when it comes to the reaction from the 28 million players who have registered since 2015. More than 300 developers in Austin, Texas, and elsewhere are working on the updates. World of Warships players will get a taste of submarine combat with a Halloween update that includes the fanciful Nautilus submarine from Captain Nemo and Jules Verne’s 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
Old 09-19-18, 01:54 PM   #2
kerberox
Nub

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
Icon10

Oh yeah boi!
That might get me back into this game. Interested in how they want to balance it out.
kerberox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-18, 09:10 PM   #3
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Sweet mother of god, this must be the April fool's joke!?! Wait, it's not April? So Neal, I trust you were in the front row, asking questions, unless you don't do Austin? So, assuming this is true, starting timer now on the first submarine nerf. If you listen closely, you can hear the BB players whining now. As much as I love/hate WoWs, hopefully subs will break up the upper tier games of the @#$^%^%$^&*^&*#&#$^%$%^&^#%ing campling cruisers and BBs. Any match above tier VII should be called "World of Camping ships."
Old 09-22-18, 10:55 AM   #4
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 10

They finally caved in huh? Gaijin was mulling over it for WT too, but god knows whats happened to naval forces in that game.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 11:35 PM   #5
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Curious how they will model the ocean floor (if they do), in regards to the plethora of islands this game has. If anything, if this breaks up those radar spamming, island humping campers....I mean cruisers that camp behind islands (in the upper tier games), it will be a welcome change.

Oh to be a game tester for this and have some real input on what happens. I do shudder at what they will have for upper tier subs?
Old 10-03-18, 09:52 AM   #6
Iceman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

They did finally cave in and hope it leads to all the different classes...so I expect to see more of you in the WoW forums as well as here. I use C_D for my user name in WoW North American server, I did not want to be Iceman598771123547411 lol

Actually I know they could use input/guidance, and real life experience that is found here in great supply and support from the submarine community such as Subsim.

Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-18, 09:25 PM   #7
captgeo
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 105

this will all be just another Wargamming F up.........trying to balance this game out and getting rid of this camping epidemic will prove to be out of reach for the minds at wargaming.

I founded the clan called Canuk on WoWS's.

oh and to Iceman, look us up please and apply if you wish.............and others.
Old 11-27-18, 10:11 PM   #8
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by captgeo View Post
this will all be just another Wargamming F up.........trying to balance this game out and getting rid of this camping epidemic will prove to be out of reach for the minds at wargaming.

I founded the clan called Canuk on WoWS's.

oh and to Iceman, look us up please and apply if you wish.............and others.
So I tried it...didn't really like it. Maybe it was the format? In regards to camping, I don't understand why they don't use the open ocean map more? Oh, wait, you can't camp! I love the open ocean map, the game totally plays different. No islands to camp behind. I seriously hate upper tier games, <tier7. There's upper tier stupid and lower tier stupid. Not sure which drives me more crazy. I was in a T10 match a few days ago, 5 ships (CAs and BBs) hiding behind one, tiny island! lol I smurfing live to put torp spreads into these camping chumps.
Old 12-21-18, 11:09 PM   #9
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Default nope

I found the steam punk subs to be complete bullocks. It was fantasy so you could get away with submarines going way faster than they would but if they try to do this in the regular game the best they could hope for is everyone with a Walter submarine. Nothing else is going to go fast enough to be effective. The fact that they were only giving you 1 - 2 minutes under water before you ran out of air was just laughable.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-18, 11:14 PM   #10
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
So I tried it...didn't really like it. Maybe it was the format? In regards to camping, I don't understand why they don't use the open ocean map more? Oh, wait, you can't camp! I love the open ocean map, the game totally plays different. No islands to camp behind. I seriously hate upper tier games, <tier7. There's upper tier stupid and lower tier stupid. Not sure which drives me more crazy. I was in a T10 match a few days ago, 5 ships (CAs and BBs) hiding behind one, tiny island! lol I smurfing live to put torp spreads into these camping chumps.

The OCEAN map is the only good one they have. I get it how ever. It is supposed to be fast paced shooter game. Most matches never go the whole 20 minute limit. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a submarine however. I can remember having multiplayer matches in 688 that went for hours hunting someone down. I like that idea better.

I imagine they will then be forced to do something with the ash can eye candy on the back of the DD's to make up for the submarines?

I still haven't found anything that beats Silent Hunter.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-19, 02:28 PM   #11
Iceman
Ace of the Deep

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/to...please/?page=2

It is still being mulled over the coals it seems...a lot of people don't think it would work but I remember Iron Wolves and Enigma were very cool....maybe the issue is the game was not built around subs to begin with. I hope they induce them into regular play so maybe I will see some of you all more often. The people in the forum over there really could use input from true submariners like you guys here I am not sure why so much resistance to them.
Old 07-08-19, 12:38 PM   #12
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Downloads: 229

Input from "true submariners" has nothing to do with it. Similarly, apart from how the ships themselves actually look, WoWS has almost nothing to do with realism.

WoWS is primarily a fast paced surface action arcade shooter, with carriers shoehorned in for some reason... WG still(!) has difficulty balancing carriers, and the rework hasn't been entirely successful. Introducing subs will only muddy the waters further, if you'll excuse the phrase.

To make subs work in WoWS they would have to be buffed to ridiculous extremes, turning them into something they are not. Besides, there are already stealthy torpedo launching boats in the game.

Using subs only for specific scenarios could work. Certainly not in PvP, however. Totally out of place.
Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-19, 11:08 PM   #13
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

So each ship seems to have it's own gimmick. I wonder how they'd do this with subs? I played a little bit of the subs for the Halloween test and didn't really enjoy them. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for their dev meetings for them.
Old 08-14-19, 09:05 AM   #14
Iceman
Ace of the Deep

"Posted 2 hours ago (edited)
ST, submarines.

Back in 2018 many of you have participated in the operation called 'Terror of the Deep'. This event allowed everyone to try a new class in our game — submarines. By the end of the event, it became clear that our players are highly interested in submarines and we should be engaged in full development.

And now, we are happy to announce that the first stages of closed testing will begin shortly, where the new gameplay of submarines will be tested. The American and German submarines will be the pioneers of the new class.

After the SuperTest submarines will be available for players to try on a special server, before being added to the main game client. Once introduced, the new class will initially be available in a special separate battle type only and this final configuration stage will last for several months. This will allow us to make additional changes to the new class under the conditions of the live server.

We will be sharing more details with you shortly. Follow our official game channels for more news!"

If any of you guys want to hook up in World of Warships my ingame name there is C_D clan 187 on the North American server....form up sub division!

Old 08-21-19, 11:46 AM   #15
evildrtran
Watch

Downloads: 48

Meanwhile all of the surface shippers are threatening to leave the game.
evildrtran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warships, world