SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-23-18, 06:18 AM   #1
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Default Any good Japanese submarine games?

I’ve recently become very interested in Japanese submarines. They’ve already been added into SH4, but I was wondering if there are any games out there that represent their missions more accurately (i.e. fleet support, midget submarine transport, kaiten transport)?

I tried Battlestations Pacific, but it doesn’t start and it seems there’s no fix for it. Hearts of Iron IV has them, of course, but I’d prefer to see actual 3D models of the subs.
Old 10-23-18, 03:12 PM   #2
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

While that is a period of history that I find personally interesting. If the game were to be historically accurate, I am not sure how enjoyable it would be. During most of the later years of the war, Japanese submarines were used as cargo ships resupplying the islands.

There were some exceptions, but I don't think that a historically accurate simulator would be all that fun to play.

I would equate it to the last year of the war in SH3. Lots of hiding, lots of being unable to do much, Lots of dying.