Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-18, 03:55 AM   #16
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Isn't it always the democrats, leftists, liberals, snowflakes, being responsible for all the baaaaad in the world
Yep, I'm at the point I'd rather hang out with Putin than any of those folks.
Old 04-12-18, 10:16 AM   #17
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Isn't it always the democrats, leftists, liberals, snowflakes, students, gays, lesbians, hippies being responsible for all the baaaaad in the world
em2nought posted Catfish's post, but notice he edited the post

Originally Posted by Catfish
Isn't it always the democrats, leftists, liberals, snowflakes, being responsible for all the baaaaad in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Yep, I'm at the point I'd rather hang out with Putin than any of those folks.
You did not include students, lesbians, or hippies so we must assume that you feel comfortable with the ones you left off
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 11:11 AM   #18
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:

Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 11, 2018
Why do we keep broadcasting when we are going to attack Syria. Why can't we just be quiet and, if we attack at all, catch them by surprise?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 29, 2013

Yessir, why, oh Lord, oh why?

Old 04-12-18, 11:20 AM   #19
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Never said when an attack on Syria would take place. Could be very soon or not so soon at all! In any event, the United States, under my Administration, has done a great job of ridding the region of ISIS. Where is our “Thank you America?”
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) 12. April 2018

Seems to me the White House has introduced a new military missile technology: the tweat-and-forget missile.

The Donalds' tweets last for eternity. Until they no more last.
Old 04-12-18, 11:38 AM   #20
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Russia says they will sink ships, sink subs, shoot down aircraft. That's war.
Yes indeed.

I do not think somebody will command to start this, but I worrxy about accidental triggering of something messy. Because with so much military attention concentrated in such a small space, "messy accident" easily can lead to "full war - damn, where has this come from?"

Hope its worth it to the American public. To me, it is not.

I also miss a clear definition of the military objectives and their relevance for the US. Destroying Assad's chemical assets? If that is all it implies that killing civilians is tolerable, on the other hands, as long as carried out by artilllery shelling and barrel bombs only. How cynical is that then?

The Russians want Syria, and different to us they are ready to do all dirty job needed to make sure that they get it. Either we have the balls to confront them with all consequences that brings, or we should step aside. Again my question, what is our military objective that is so clearly defined and so valuable that it justifies to go head on with the Russians? So far, all I hear in the media about this is wishy-washy and sentimentality.
Old 04-12-18, 12:19 PM   #21
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Russia says they will sink ships, sink subs, shoot down aircraft. That's war.
Russia has only said that they will shoot down any missiles fired on Syria not that they will sink ships, sink subs or shoot down aircraft.

Yes, that would surely be the beginning of a war limited to the Med and only God knows what happen next

I think President Trump is waiting for the CIA director Mike Pompeo (in a hearing right now as I type) to be confirmed as the next Secretary of State before he fires on Syria.
or achievement

Old 04-12-18, 12:35 PM   #22
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Russia has only said that they will shoot down any missiles fired on Syria not that they will sink ships, sink subs or shoot down aircraft.

Yes, that would surely be the beginning of a war limited to the Med and only God knows what happen next

I think President Trump is waiting for the CIA director Mike Pompeo (in a hearing right now as I type) to be confirmed as the next Secretary of State before he fires on Syria.
According to
Russia's ambassador to Lebanon, who said any U.S. missiles fired at Syria would be shot down and the launch sites targeted

For me it does sound like they are not just going to intercept those tomahawks, but also will go after the place/thing from where these missiles was fired from

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 12:46 PM   #23
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
According to
Russia's ambassador to Lebanon, who said any U.S. missiles fired at Syria would be shot down and the launch sites targeted

For me it does sound like they are not just going to intercept those tomahawks, but also will go after the place/thing from where these missiles was fired from

Markus
I stand corrected Markus ... your right after doing a search on the Russian ambassador to Lebanon's exact words that he points back to coming from Putin himself:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...dor/ar-AAvKmrN

Quote:
Responding to the ambassador’s comments, General Sir Richard Barrons, who led the UK’s Joint Forces Command from 2013 to 2016, told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme:

“I hope the ambassador has chosen his words very carefully because what he’s actually saying is that if the US and allies decide to strike against Syrian chemical weapons and delivery aircraft, not only are they going to try and shoot down the missiles in flight -

which they're capable of doing, but won't be with total success - but by saying the words 'launch platforms', he’s saying they are going to try and sink ships, sink submarines and shoot aircraft out of the sky - that’s war.”
Shame on me i started to ask Neal for a cite

All I have to say is "Bring it on big boy (Putin)"
or achievement

Old 04-12-18, 01:42 PM   #24
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Bring it on big boy????? Does anyone have any idea why it should be brought on?

Of course not, we are totatlly distracted the palace intrigue.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 01:44 PM   #25
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

No problem.

I keep asking the sky, why does the US have to do this? Most Americans don't care two cents about what happens in Syria. Let someone else sort this mess out. We've had enough involvements with these kind of countries and they never work out, it's hopeless.
Old 04-12-18, 01:50 PM   #26
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 343

Quote:
No problem.

I keep asking the sky, why does the US have to do this? Most Americans don't care two cents about what happens in Syria. Let someone else sort this mess out. We've had enough involvements with these kind of countries and they never work out, it's hopeless.
exactly.

but if you are a U.S. president, you can never win. If do nothing, people will criticize you for that. If you do something, people will criticize you for that, etc.

there is no solution to the Syrian civil war, all you can do at this point is let it burn itself out and try to pick up the pieces afterwards.
Old 04-12-18, 02:29 PM   #27
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

I am not aware of anything in Syria that is worth a single US military member's life.
Old 04-12-18, 02:49 PM   #28
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
I am not aware of anything in Syria that is worth a single US military member's life.
Same here Can't find anything in Syria that is worth the life of an European soldier.

I guess it is, as some political commentator said

Trump and Putin has to mark their territory and it happens to be in a backyard called Syria

Markus
Old 04-12-18, 03:09 PM   #29
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Isn't it always the democrats, leftists, liberals, snowflakes, students, gays, lesbians, hippies being responsible for all the baaaaad in the world

You forgot to include Vegans
Old 04-12-18, 03:57 PM   #30
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

By following the news here and in Sweden

I get the feeling it wouldn't be little stick with a needle Trump are planning to give Assad

A Carrie-group is heading into the Mediterranean due to arrive somewhere next week and more ships from England and France should be heading this way.

I hope is nothing more than a show-off.

And not a massive strike against Syria and the possibility for a engagement with Russia.

Markus