Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-10-18, 08:37 PM   #1
Coral
Seaman

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0
Default Why two Mods folders

I have installed the Wolves of Steel massive mod and have a question.

Why are there two sets of mods, one set in the JSGME mod folder and a massive amount in the TDW Generic patcher? Is that because the TDW Generic patcher is only for the mods included in the WOS Mod and the JSGME mod folder is for other mods?

Are the mods in JSGME compatible with the WOS MOD pack?

Last edited by Coral; 04-10-18 at 09:52 PM.
Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 11:15 PM   #2
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
I have installed the Wolves of Steel massive mod and have a question.

Why are there two sets of mods, one set in the JSGME mod folder and a massive amount in the TDW Generic patcher? Is that because the TDW Generic patcher is only for the mods included in the WOS Mod and the JSGME mod folder is for other mods?

Are the mods in JSGME compatible with the WOS MOD pack?
There are only 1 set of mods
located in mod folder the one created with JSGME , the other folder TDW generic patcher/mods are text files [.txt ] for information purposes . There are no Mods in this folder

The text files show how to change some of the values in the .S5P files and other general info on what changes have been applied . The TDW Patcher is not a mod as such, it's as Described a "Patcher" . there is some scope to make changes in addition to the TDW Options file viewer

For example :

How to change when the searchlights are active: [Searchlights_active_at_dusk.txt ]

Find this in the \Patches\SH5\TDW_SHSim_Patch.S5P file (you can open with NotePad):

; +0x0 = nighttime value for searchlights active - 0.4
Code3=0x40,CDCCCC3E

Adjust the value after 0x40, to be the light amount you want the searchlights active

I don't recommend making any changes unless you are really sure you know are doing

In terms of active mods you only need to look at the list in JSGME which should be the Main WOS Mod and the optional mods that come with it. there should not be anything incompatible unless you have added other Mods manually yourself

Last edited by Cyborg322; 04-10-18 at 11:35 PM.
Cyborg322 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-18, 11:57 AM   #3
Coral
Seaman

Downloads: 142

Cyborg322
thanks for the explanation. However, why does some of the files in the Generic Mod have red dots? does that mean that they are not implemented? If so, how does one implement them?
Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 06:18 AM   #4
majapahit
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 30

I think I remember there are seperate mods in Wolfs of Steel, and in my setup, there was a MODS folder but the JSGME cfg pointed to the WoS Mods folder (TWS_MODS or something) ..

It might be Wolfs of Steel has all the mods checked and fixed for compatibility.

2cts
majapahit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 07:21 AM   #5
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Cyborg322
thanks for the explanation. However, why does some of the files in the Generic Mod have red dots? does that mean that they are not implemented? If so, how does one implement them?
Hi Coral
The terminology you are using is making it a little confusing, the applications sound very similar this should help

1. JSGME JonesSoft Generic Mod Enabler is an application that allows you to manage addons more easily

Guide : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...62&postcount=4

2. TDW Generic File Patcher This patches the games Main exe and allows a degree of editable settings. It can done directly with the Patcher or in some cases editing the .py files . The initial settings are determined by the the WOS Mod . This is done by restoring a Snapshot .gps file . You can save your settings as a Snapshot .GPS file and name it whatever you want

3. TDW options file editor/viewer This allows you to see the changes and edit certain settings parameters etc . The default setting are applied with the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

Guide 1 : Editing the .py files http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=232

Guide 2 : Making changes in the options file Viewer http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...66&postcount=6

I think you are referring to what look like No Entry Sign icons [ The Red Dots ]
In the TDW Generic File Patcher . If its set up correctly [ Automatically ] it should be mostly a Blue circle with a Tick in the middle. Changes need to be made with a degree of caution but things like changing the Map Tool Colours are fairly simple to apply .

This is a Guide on "how to"

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...57&postcount=3

I think the changes you can make with the Options FileViewer/Editor will be of main interest for you certainly for a Graphical changes like the GUI Dials and also its good scope for customisation . Its also very easy to impliment and use

It well worth taking a little time out to check out the Guides by TheBerbster [ Link below ] and keeping to the Instructions with the WOLVES OF STEEL mod without deviating

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...50&postcount=1

In the long run it will save time and stress getting fully set up

Happy Hunting

Simon

Last edited by Cyborg322; 04-12-18 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-12-18, 07:29 AM   #6
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by majapahit View Post
I think I remember there are seperate mods in Wolfs of Steel, and in my setup, there was a MODS folder but the JSGME cfg pointed to the WoS Mods folder (TWS_MODS or something) ..

It might be Wolfs of Steel has all the mods checked and fixed for compatibility.

2cts
Hi majapahit

You mean the Optional Mods that come with the Main WOS Mod like the food supplies illuminated ships etc . Coral is not referring to that if I understand his post correctly
Old 04-13-18, 02:48 AM   #7
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > majapahit
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3-4-5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote