SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-25-16, 06:53 PM   #16
rjord
Watch

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0

Manila Bay has been modified in a way that getting out of the bay in your sub will be tricky.

As seen in the picture above Manila Bay was protected by a series of mine fields which limited what vessels went through. This was the case until May 1942.

When you leave the bay you will need to leave the bay through a mine field consisting of 300 mines.

Allied ships have been plotted through an area heavily guarded by vessels capable of destroying enemy vessels.

I am trying to get a scene created where as the submarine passes through the mine field search lights will light up the water and the mines showing on the surface. Maybe not possible.

The picture below shows my submarine slipping close by one of the 300 mines guarding Manila Bay

rjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-16, 02:53 AM   #17
rjord
Watch

The complete defence system for Manila Bay shown below as per the diagram in the prior post.

2 minefields stretching across the bay and 1 subnet at the top left protecting the dry dock.

There is a gap in the lower minefield for the larger allied ships to pass through...this passage defended by 2 frigates. All AI ships will have waypoints taking them safely past the mine field.

With these missions based in Manila I recommend the challenge of taking your sub through the minefield...... but you can always skirt around it if you keep getting blown up.

I am looking for buoys for Sh4 but do not think these are available.

Old 06-26-16, 03:01 AM   #18
rjord
Watch

With my missions I keep these operational notes in mind......

Submarines scored their most notable early successes whilst operating on the surface at night.

Whilst submerged, submarines were slow and un-manoeuvrable, and could be detected by asdic... early form of sonar.

On the surface they could not be detected by asdic, and their low silhouette made them difficult to spot by eye.

Submarines were found to be very vulnerable to aircraft, which could force them to dive and often loose contact with a convoy, or could attack with little warning if the lookouts were not vigilant.
Old 07-01-16, 04:19 PM   #19
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Icon14

Fascinating! What mods are you making the mission set for? Testing by our FOTRS Ultimate crew reveals that whatever mods are active in your game at the time you create the missions will be assumed present when others use them.

Can be a problem. Suppose you have RSRDC active and use ships only present with RSRDC. When a person playing a game without RSRDC plays the mission his game will CTD.

Just a heads up. We would be very interested in validating the missions and using them as a plugin for FOTRS Ultimate! It can't be done yet as the core mod, and its included ships, is not frozen yet.

This looks like an amazing mission pack! Don't get discouraged and just keep at it.!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote