Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 01-31-10, 03:17 AM   #1
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Fixes for Updated Mission Release for ZW´s Members

To All ZW Members
Hello Fellow ZW Members.

With ZW's latest release of his updated 6th and New German mission Tiger Break Out came some undesirable glitches and bugs.

I spoke with him about creating an open thread in which all of us would pool our experiences and share our findings of the problems that need to be addressedc and or fixed.

I think it makes sens to do it as a group rather thna piece meal tying up ZW with individual requests that may actually over lap in may respects.

I will list the problems I have experienced and in return feel free to post yours as they wil help ZW.Here s a l;ist of mine>

The Major ones.

1 Terminator KV85s These beasts seem to be immortal.You need at least a dozen shots to silence them and they never burn or explode or even emit smoke.They ll stop shooting but their guns would still track my Tiger. In real life Kvs are no better armoured than T 34/85.Thye kill my 2 wingmen tanks despite being shot to pieces.ZW told me the problem is being fixed.

2/ AI with X Ray eyes.The problem still persists with unseen tanks and guns shooting you to pieces through dense wood or behind hills.It really detracts from enjoying the game and prevents you from using ambushing or flanking manoeuvres.

3-the mission map is useless does not track your tank and no markers for Soviet units.

Minor bugs:

1- Panzer III s with whitish turrets(being fixed).I knw Friedrich Wilhelm expereinced the same problem.

2-Ballistics.those Soviet tanks can shoot like artillery it seems.The shots are way too curved or lobbed.(Being fixed).It seems to me too that the reload rate of Soviet tanks is too fast.This had been addressed and solved by Monk´s MMP3 patch but it s been overwritten by ZSW´s mod.

3) at the beginning of the mission there s a couple T34 that have been killed and still rushing forward at full speed like they are possessed. Eerie.

4) at tiimes there are white streak appearing in the fabric of the game. Minor glitches which don t really bother me.

Overall interesting mission.Lots of action, much, much improved over the original Surviving the Escape.New models, inventive, wide open spaces, opportunity for action and manoeuvring.I like it.

Fellow ZW Members.Let´s hear it from you.

Regards

Frinik.

frinik

Old 01-31-10, 09:59 AM   #2
Luftace
Watch

Downloads: 30

I've had the same problems as listed below. One other thing I notice, and it's really kind of minor at the moment, is that my wingmen, and panzer ivs as well, often have a bad habit of turning their rears to a target while tracking them with their turrets. Inevitably, they usually end up smoldering at their first or second engagement area more times than I would like to see.
Also, after talking with zw trying to sort out an error message glitch stating C++ runtime error, and the details pointing to either the controls.dll file or engine.dll file, the problem I thought was cured is still recurring. I deleted my cache contents in the game folder and rebooted, and all seemed well until I got on to play this morning and the same crash resulting error popped up. Anyone else having this particular problem?
Luftace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 10:17 AM   #3
KdF
Loader

Copied and Pasted from the wrong thread. Heh...sorry

My quick report.

White Turrets - reported.

KV-85's - reported

AI X-ray eyes, I believe this comes from the origonal game release as the Tanks gun can still travel thru trees when turning, until that bug is fixed, I believe the AI Tanks will allways be able to see and shoot you.

Noticed the Tank Commander when activated and you are shooting still calls out tanks to shoot when they are already destroyed.

Something needs to be reworked with the Tigers throttle, as it is a real pain to get it to stop at 2600 rpm, or the engine overheats.

The sight on the Tiger needs to be tweaked, as the distance seems to have been cut in half. The commander yells out 600 yards, but you better have it on 300 or you will overshoot.

I would suggest that the reloading sounds be increased, as the loader when you are gunning is actually only 2 feet away from you throwing in a round in the 88.

And a wish-list for "Z"
1.) My tank camoed.
2.) Screeching and clattering of the treads(like in Saving Private Ryan)
3.) Tigers worked in pairs, start with 3 others if possible, with one on yer butt when hunting.

Thats all for now....The new mission is Fantastic, keep 'em commin ZeeWiolf!

Last edited by KdF; 01-31-10 at 10:18 AM. Reason: lost a part
KdF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 10:26 AM   #4
frinik
Grey Wolf

Not me Luftace.I don´t have that problem. One important thing come to mind.When I first installed the game 2 years ago there was a thread that mentioned that the English version of TvsT needed to have missing dll 70 files installed otherwise the game would crash.I did it and there are still in the game folder.
I made a copy from my game folder so you can see what they look like below:

msvci.70.dll (application extension 54kb)

Do you have that in your game folder?If you don´t they can be downloaded and installed from the tanksim.org.ru website.

The problem with the tanks showing their rear end is a recurring one I already mentioned to ZW in a Pm a couple of months ago.I agree it s ridiculous to see tanks acting in such a way that defies logic and makes them easy preys.In Other sims too I have seen this behaviour but never as badly and frequently as in TvsT. ZW has improved AI behaviour quite well but there are still remaining issues like X ray eyes, odd tank behaviour( tanks sitting still getting passively shot to pieces, or runnning around tracings circles on the ground etc).

Thanks for th feed back and let me know about the dll 70 files.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 10:37 AM   #5
Luftace
Watch

Downloads: 30

Roger that Frinik, I have the .dll files ZW posted along with his mod download. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times to start fresh before each new mod was added to see if that made a difference, as well as deleting the cache as stated before. Below are my computer specs in case it may help anyone to help me diagnose this problem. Thanx much.

Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q701 Laptop
Os: Vista 64bit Home Premium, Service Pack 1; updated as of 29 Jan., 2010
Intel Core 2Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)
4GB DDR3 RAM
200GB HD
Nvidia GeForce 9700M GTS TurboCache 512MB
DirectX10
Luftace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 10:40 AM   #6
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default game crashing

Luftace I went to the TvsT discussion thread and fiund a post from Foxtrot in October 2008 re the missing dll files.Here it is:

I am using vista x64 and here what I faced:

1. CTD whenever I tried to start a mission.
2. "Unable to initialize sound driver" warning when I start this game.

Fix for #1: Find msvcp71.dll is and msvcr71.dll on net, and copy these files in game folder. Game now works
Unable to find any fix for #2 so there are no sounds in game.

PS this is in case your problem comes from that source.If it does not check or read the other threads.

BTW some of th bugs reported are being fixed or may already be fixed.

Let s keep the faith!
Old 01-31-10, 11:13 AM   #7
KdF
Loader

Tigers hunting in Pairs:

http://worldwartwozone.com/forums/sh...ugh-Cat/page80

Post 797

Scariest Pic of WWII I've ever run across.
KdF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 12:28 PM   #8
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default details about your crashes

KDF could you post exactly what happens when you
r game crashes.Do you get an error message? What exactly happens in as much details as possible so all of su can help you figure out what s wrong.

BTW I have similar specs, Vista Home Edition Premium and Radeon ATI 3650 with 512 mgs dedicated, 4 gbs RAM, 320 gbs hard drive , direct X10 although I also installed Direct X9C because most games demand it.My processor is also 2.0 ghtz.Obviosuly your specs are optimum for the game to run well and smooth.Do you get a duplicate file message or something.
Please describe.

Cheers
Old 01-31-10, 12:53 PM   #9
KdF
Loader

I have had a few crashes, mostly in the origonal mission 6 with "Z"'s mod., it would give me the error like illegal operation with C++, usually near the end of the mission. Then WIN would want to send a error report.

The other lock-up happened when I did not let the 3 t-34's and the 2 halftracks pass by. This one was incessant. i would go into the origonal mission 6, run up to the crest of the hill, take out the two T-34's in the bushes, turn the turret right and take out the 3 T-34's and two half-tracks, whip the turret around and take out the one behind the base that showed up after taking out the 3. Then start down the hill twoard the 2 killed in the bushes, 2 T-34's would come up from the left on the road, take them out, and proceed to the area where the 3 burning Tanks and half-tracks were and take out the two Anti-Tank guns on the hill. then it seemed that it would take 10 to 20 secinds before the screen froze but the sound kept playing :IE the engine sound kept playing, but the loader stopped. This was a ALT/CON/DEL freeze with no error message. I have updated my drivers to death. Reloaded DX9c <WinXP won't do DX10> moved sliders all over the place. To the point where it messed up other games.I always thought it had to do with the NVIDIA drivers, but when I found people with ATI's had the same problem, it must be hard coded in somewhere. What really chapped my rear was that the error happened on both computers, exactly the same and the same place.

this help any?
Old 01-31-10, 09:53 PM   #10
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Crashes?

Tell me KDF what you are telling me is about the former 6th German mission.But with the latest release that mission Surviving the Escape has disappeared and has been replaced by Tiger Break Out.Are you still experiencing problems with your game crashing?The original stock mission had coding errors and would crash half way once you would move up the road.

Please clarify.

Cheers
Old 01-31-10, 10:29 PM   #11
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Luftace

Sorry Luftace; my post to KDF was intended for you but before I posted it I saw KDF's last posting and I got confused. Could you tell me exactly the kind of error message that you get when your game crashes?Here's my original post to you:

KDF could you post exactly what happens when you
game crashes.Do you get an error message? What exactly happens in as much details as possible so all of su can help you figure out what s wrong.

BTW I have similar specs, Vista Home Edition Premium and Radeon ATI 3650 with 512 mgs dedicated, 4 gbs RAM, 320 gbs hard drive , direct X10 although I also installed Direct X9C because most games demand it.My processor is also 2.0 ghtz.Obviously your specs are optimum for the game to run well and smooth.Do you get a duplicate file message or something?
Please describe.

Cheers
Old 02-01-10, 12:47 AM   #12
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
To All ZW Members
Hello Fellow ZW Members.

With ZW's latest release of his updated 6th and New German mission Tiger Break Out came some undesirable glitches and bugs.

I spoke with him about creating an open thread in which all of us would pool our experiences and share our findings of the problems that need to be addressedc and or fixed.

I think it makes sens to do it as a group rather thna piece meal tying up ZW with individual requests that may actually over lap in may respects.

I will list the problems I have experienced and in return feel free to post yours as they wil help ZW.Here s a l;ist of mine>

The Major ones.

1 Terminator KV85s These beasts seem to be immortal.You need at least a dozen shots to silence them and they never burn or explode or even emit smoke.They ll stop shooting but their guns would still track my Tiger. In real life Kvs are no better armoured than T 34/85.Thye kill my 2 wingmen tanks despite being shot to pieces.ZW told me the problem is being fixed.

2/ AI with X Ray eyes.The problem still persists with unseen tanks and guns shooting you to pieces through dense wood or behind hills.It really detracts from enjoying the game and prevents you from using ambushing or flanking manoeuvres.

3-the mission map is useless does not track your tank and no markers for Soviet units.

Minor bugs:

1- Panzer III s with whitish turrets(being fixed).I knw Friedrich Wilhelm expereinced the same problem.

2-Ballistics.those Soviet tanks can shoot like artillery it seems.The shots are way too curved or lobbed.(Being fixed).It seems to me too that the reload rate of Soviet tanks is too fast.This had been addressed and solved by Monk´s MMP3 patch but it s been overwritten by ZSW´s mod.

3) at the beginning of the mission there s a couple T34 that have been killed and still rushing forward at full speed like they are possessed. Eerie.

4) at tiimes there are white streak appearing in the fabric of the game. Minor glitches which don t really bother me.

Overall interesting mission.Lots of action, much, much improved over the original Surviving the Escape.New models, inventive, wide open spaces, opportunity for action and manoeuvring.I like it.

Fellow ZW Members.Let´s hear it from you.

Regards

Frinik.

frinik

Hi Guys,

I have just finished finsl testing and I would like to report to you that the following issues have been addressed.
1.) KV85's as well as all the hard kills have been fixed

2.) The X-ray eyes have been reduced in a limited number of tanks but all
tanks and Guns no longer shoot through the trunks of the trees. This does
not hinder trajectory arch or the long range ability of the artillery.

3.)Mission map in Mission 6 is fixed.

4.)Pnz III turret texture problem was due to a missing texture file that
I overlooked but that will be in the next MO file that will be ready tomorrow.

There is one thing I have to stress and make as clear as I possibly can
and that is my modifications are NOT COMPATIBLE with any other NON-
ZW modifications. If you have ANY OTHER MODS please do a UN-install
then a DEFAULT install. Then install my stuff. No exceptions.
Once I get TvsT stable across the various platforms then and only then
can I look at making mod compatibility changes.

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 03:31 AM   #13
frinik
Grey Wolf

Zw this music to our ears but I am afraid not so for the poor T34/85s and KV85 s and SU85s( well everything ending with 85 and Russian to make it short)who'll be mercilessly slaughtered as a result of your fixes. Let' s have a minute of silence for them.

ZW;on all our behalf thanks for the great news and thanks for the great mission/mod.You have made tank sim history and God has indeed been by your side!

Already with your new maps with wide open spaces you have beaten the competition hands down as no other tank sim offers that much territory.

ZW if I could make a wish?It would be to have either the Panzer IV G or H or the Panther( any variant) as the next playable tank in a future release?Or even having the possibility of playing either or both of these 2 tanks in existing missions?Soviet side my wish would be either the KV85 or the JS2/KV2.

Onward to Kursk!

Cheers
Old 02-01-10, 04:25 PM   #14
KdF
Loader

Frinik, I have had ZERO problems with the new Members Only Mission 6. IE: Tiger Breakout.

I was only commenting on the previous mission 6, as that is what I thought you asked about, sorry.....i'll go hide now.
Old 02-01-10, 10:32 PM   #15
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default ZW's update

Ok KDF it's good news! As for Zw's update of the 6th mission I did not experience any crash but in your case it could be that your install did not work properly.Did you see the KV85s in that c2m6 mission?

The original 6th German mission used to crash all the time. The only way I was able to avoid it was to avoid the main road leave the convoy to its fate and just take the Sovs from behind .It would take me twice the time to complete the mision but I did it 3 to 4 times.

I am surprised that the other ZW members did not make any comments or info???

Cheers