SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-03-12, 08:48 AM   #31
Caustic
Torpedoman

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314 View Post
Thank you Caustic! I can understand your point about just having one mod.

I asked, because this is what Ducimus has on his TMO page first post,

COMPATIBILITY:

Quote:
Trigger Maru is not compatible with any large modpack, to include enviromental mods.

The reason for envirornmental mod incompatability, has to do with how he has the sensors set for ships, subs, and aircraft.

So I'm guessing, you would have to compare files, and then change the settings in your files to corelate with TMO's settings.

If you get a chance to contrast and compare, and wish to, I would use it for sure! Just to mx things up a bit from the same old, same old.
I know that this mod is compatible with TMO and RFB because it only changes the scene.dat and a few shaders and textures. Try it out at least, the only way to know if there are issues is if someone extensively tests the mod. You will know immediately if the AI sensors are messed up. Sorry to sound harsh but this mod is not designed to be used with TMO so don't expect me to take the time to ensure it is 100% compatible.
Caustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 10:19 AM   #32
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

That's cool. Yes I did use it, and just am used to what TMO offers is all.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 01:46 PM   #33
Caustic
Torpedoman

Quote:
That's cool. Yes I did use it, and just am used to what TMO offers is all.
This next version will be better than the TMO environment. Fog improvements on the way aswell.

Old 05-03-12, 02:53 PM   #34
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I know that this mod is compatible with TMO and RFB because it only changes the scene.dat and a few shaders and textures.
Sadly things are not as easy as that ...

The sensors work in part with the amount of environmental light that the game renders each moment (Specially at night, as mods with pitch black nights require much more sensitive settings to prevent the crew from being "blind"), so making an environment with different light/contrast, etc levels will indeed affect the visual sensors, making them either see better or worser.
Old 05-03-12, 06:02 PM   #35
Caustic
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Sadly things are not as easy as that ...

The sensors work in part with the amount of environmental light that the game renders each moment (Specially at night, as mods with pitch black nights require much more sensitive settings to prevent the crew from being "blind"), so making an environment with different light/contrast, etc levels will indeed affect the visual sensors, making them either see better or worser.
We will need to see how nominal the effects are in-game, this mod will work with the stock game and RSRDC for sure as these mods rely on stock lighting conditions, which are featured in the mod.
Old 05-03-12, 09:39 PM   #36
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic View Post
I'd rather make one version with intermediate fog settings, a mixture of both per se. When you mention fog, you mean surface fog? Just to clarify...
I was testing the fog effects earlier and it's possible to see the silhouettes of ships from long distances but if the time of day is perfect, the fog looks less transparent.
Sorry, yes I meant surface fog.
Old 05-04-12, 08:25 AM   #37
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
this mod will work with the stock game and RSRDC for sure as these mods rely on stock lighting conditions, which are featured in the mod.
That's correct, any install that had not customized sensors (Unlike TMO, RFB, FOTRS, etc) will be perfect for your mod.
Old 05-04-12, 02:11 PM   #38
Caustic
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
That's correct, any install that had not customized sensors (Unlike TMO, RFB, FOTRS, etc) will be perfect for your mod.
I'm still not ready to say it's incompatible with the supermods until someone reports serious problems.

Old 05-04-12, 08:51 PM   #39
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

That's why I was asking if you were going to make a supermod campatable version. The fog setting have my deck crew blind as bats day or night unless it's absolutely clear.

Sucks to hear vessels in light haze / fog, and not be able to engage them because you can't see them.

That's what Hitman is pointing out. The sensors for the different supermods, modify how the crews from ships and planes see things. If you stray from their settings, if snafu's the efforts of the modders.

The only thing I can say, is compare your settings to that of the supermods, and make adjustments accordingly, or really, the only ones who will be able to enjoy it are those who strictly play stock, which I haven't done in over 5 years now.

Anyways, I still like your colors and other tweaks, even if it's just for a change of pace.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 10:22 PM   #40
Caustic
Torpedoman

Quote:
That's why I was asking if you were going to make a supermod campatable version. The fog setting have my deck crew blind as bats day or night unless it's absolutely clear.

Sucks to hear vessels in light haze / fog, and not be able to engage them because you can't see them.

That's what Hitman is pointing out. The sensors for the different supermods, modify how the crews from ships and planes see things. If you stray from their settings, if snafu's the efforts of the modders.

The only thing I can say, is compare your settings to that of the supermods, and make adjustments accordingly, or really, the only ones who will be able to enjoy it are those who strictly play stock, which I haven't done in over 5 years now.

Anyways, I still like your colors and other tweaks, even if it's just for a change of pace.
Stock can be modded alike, the game is especially decent when using RSRDC(As is TMO+RSRDC) among other things but now i'm going off-topic. TMO is alright but it was more enjoyable back in the day, for some reason...mabye it just got old. As for the mod, i'm too lazy and don't want to modify ship files so I'll probably just exclude the supermod people from the next release. Perhaps simply fixing the fog will go a long way in relieving the problem. If someone can point me in the right direction, specifying the settings of TMO and I'll start working on correcting the fog.
Old 05-04-12, 10:59 PM   #41
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

I like your tweaks a lot, i have not been comfortable with many of the other mods as the ocean and sky have become very vivid and unrealistic looking often, yours is very nice, and natural thanks for the effort and for sharing it with us. As an old sailorman myself, i like to see the sea as she is or was in my memory.
Old 05-06-12, 04:36 PM   #42
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

A quick fix to use most of this mod with TMO or RFB would be to remove the scene.dat file from the mod. I think then, you are only changing colors, textures and cloud patterns. It leaves fog and spotting distances untouched. Someone correct me on that if I'm mistaken.
Old 05-06-12, 10:33 PM   #43
Caustic
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
A quick fix to use most of this mod with TMO or RFB would be to remove the scene.dat file from the mod. I think then, you are only changing colors, textures and cloud patterns. It leaves fog and spotting distances untouched. Someone correct me on that if I'm mistaken.
Good point, I might just make multiple versions of the mod; seems to be the best course of action...
Old 05-12-12, 07:40 PM   #44
maxswain
Seaman

Downloads: 361
Default Back in the saddle!

Very sweet Mod! It fixed that bright blue in TMO and that was a real drag. Thank you for this great work!
maxswain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 09:54 AM   #45
Caustic
Torpedoman

Final results of my work on the TMO version of the mod.

Improved stock environment should be 100% compatible with TMO and RFB now as I have decided to use the scene.dat files in these respective mods, while modifying the ocean and sky colors. The AI should react as you'd expect in stock TMO. The stock version of this mod for (SH4 1.5) will include a complete overhaul of the environment from textures, shaders, sounds, etc. The TMO version also includes custom sounds.