SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: What version of SH4 do you have?
Orriginal SH4 (no U-Boot missions) 285 23.59%
SH4 + Uboot Missions addon 923 76.41%
Voters: 1208. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-09, 12:56 PM   #46
lothos
Seaman

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothos
Oh, when firing torps from deep they like to jump out of the water before traveling to the targets
That happen on TMR... have u installed Ohio on top of TMR? Cheers
no, have never tried TM. folling around in multi with a friend

#1 PE4 Install main
#2b PE4 Special effects Zones for NSM4 Classic
#3_PE4_c_Submarine_Stock_caustics_rolllpitch_deepe r
#4 PE4 Ship_debris_SH4_with bodies
#5_PE4_real_reflections_for_harbour_and_objects
SCAF for SH 1.5
Webster's Ship Draft & Manuvering Fix v2
NSM4 classic
OhioSSBN

the ohio at faster than 15 knots has trouble rising to any set depth and actually graduating the ascent.
lothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 01:46 PM   #47
Kaye T. Bai
Samurai Navy

Location: Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
Downloads: 22

One question, with the Ohio-class SSBN installed, the periscope models used for the Ohio-class SSBN are used with every other submarine in the game, original and community-made. Is there a plan to fix this in further releases?
Kaye T. Bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 03:17 AM   #48
tomagabriel
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 110
Uploads: 3

@ the periscope 3d model (Kaye T. Bai)

This was one of the reasons I warned people that this mod will conflict with other subs. I do not know yet how to create a set of periscopes to be used by just one sub (I'd have to add two 3d model objects in the sensors_US.dat file - adding is easy, I just don't know if I can link them to the sub - probably yes). As soon as I know how to do that, I will fix it.

@the ship wake (thyro)

I do not mind suggestions and comments at all. In fact I rely heavily on them. I do not have time to test myself and also there are things others know and I find out about them much faster like this. So keep the comments coming. By the way, could you post a screen shot of the ship wakes you mentioned about? I did not have time to install myself what you recommended, but I wondered many times how they look like )

@lothos

To deal with the damaged ships still floating, I will include a dummy tomahawk anti-ship missile (it is not guided-WIP-but it flies fast and packs a hevy puch). The new ADCAP torpedos themselves will be based on the German type XI torpedo. They are now like wild dogs )

Oh, and by the way, I think that popping out of the water is just due to inertia, I use stock game (no mods) and sometimes they pop out for me too (however in the next version they will pop out less - I think - you will test it).

Does anyone know if deformation of water surface can be changed somehow? I am thinking about the sub-front going below the waves and curving the water surface around it. Like in the pictures people posted above.
tomagabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 03:21 AM   #49
Zuber321
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

I do that , what you say Tom. But tha dosen't work. I think the problem is I don't have englisch version of silent hunter 4.Sorry for my englisch
Zuber321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 03:56 AM   #50
tomagabriel
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber321
I do that , what you say Tom. But tha dosen't work. I think the problem is I don't have englisch version of silent hunter 4.Sorry for my englisch

This might be the case for the problem. I will think about it. Unfortunately I do not have your version of Silent Hunter to help you directly.

What version of SHIV do you have? Is it in other language? German? Maybe other people here have it too. That might help a bit.
Old 03-10-09, 04:23 AM   #51
Zuber321
Swabbie

I ccome from Poland so I Have a Polisch Language of Silent hunter 4
Old 03-10-09, 06:37 AM   #52
thyro
Commander

Location: on a rock surrounded by water, that people call it UK
Downloads: 31

no worries tomagabriel

Take IOWA for example...

If same size wake is possible add to Ohio that would probably give the visual water displacement that Ohio class subs do...

Cheers

thyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 06:43 AM   #53
tomagabriel
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber321
I ccome from Poland so I Have a Polisch Language of Silent hunter 4
Hi,

Our colleague here Zel sent me this message:

"
Hey, I was browsing the subsim forum and noticed someone said that his
Ohio's tower doesn't work. It may be because it's conflicting with
Gato. So he could try going to UPCUnitsData, and just rename
UnitParts1Gato.upc to Unitparts1Gato.upx. Then try the Ohio. When he
wants to use the Gato, he should just rename upx back to upc.
I don't have a forum account, so you can suggest him to try that,
maybe it will work.

Zel
"

Zuber321, could you test this for yourself and see if it works? If it is not working, maybe you should also try it with Tambor instead of Gato.
Old 03-10-09, 06:45 AM   #54
tomagabriel
Machinist's Mate

@thyro

I get the picture and also the idea and I agree with you. The sub needs such a thing. I will look into it in order to add it in the next version.

Thanks!
Old 03-10-09, 12:19 PM   #55
Zuber321
Swabbie

Quote:
Hi,

Our colleague here Zel sent me this message:

"
Hey, I was browsing the subsim forum and noticed someone said that his
Ohio's tower doesn't work. It may be because it's conflicting with
Gato. So he could try going to UPCUnitsData, and just rename
UnitParts1Gato.upc to Unitparts1Gato.upx. Then try the Ohio. When he
wants to use the Gato, he should just rename upx back to upc.
I don't have a forum account, so you can suggest him to try that,
maybe it will work.

Zel
Tahnks Guys Thats Works Thanks Zel and Tom You are Great Guys ....xD Thanks for Help witch Ohio Submarine Mod

Last edited by Zuber321; 03-10-09 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-10-09, 03:25 PM   #56
Kaye T. Bai
Samurai Navy

Location: Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Well said, thyro.

A simple, yet effective solution.
Old 03-11-09, 03:11 AM   #57
tomagabriel
Machinist's Mate

@Zuber321

I am glad that worked out well. The credit for the solution goes to Zel (he is not a member of the subsim community - I hope he will join us soon). I just passed along his solution to you.

@Everybody

On the request of many people here, new foam and wake effects. I guess it looks much better (still a WIP, but much better), wouldn't you agree?

So Thyro, thanks for the screens yesterday, it quickly cleared out what you meant.

Further on. Enough changes have been made to this mod since the previous release to justify the release of another version. Among major changes there are:
- improved ADCAP torpedo capabilities; it is now based on the German type XI passive acoustic torpedo (also increased speed to 50 knots); - people not having U-Boot missions might no longer be able to run this mod, therefore my advice is to upgrade their installation to 1.5 or wait for version 1 of the mod that I will try to release also for SH4 without U-Boot missions (that version will however miss some features so go and upgrade SH4!)
-added an unguided anti ship cruise missile (very crude simulation of the real stuff, because it is still WIP, but good for port attacks or to finish still floating ships from afar) - based on Tomahawk
-greatly improved water foam/splashes effects around and on the ship
-added an extendable radar mast (no more radars sticking out of the conning tower);
-modded the radar to be universal (detects both air and sea contacts - no need to have two radar antennas anymore - credits to Anvart for his extendable SD antenna mod - I used the knowledge there)

Ok, the new version is not yet released so don't ask where to donload. It will be out in something like a week. Wait for announcements here.

Old 03-11-09, 03:29 AM   #58
Kaye T. Bai
Samurai Navy

Ooh, very nice!

Love the new wake effects!

I just have four questions.

1. Will there be internal damage effects? No more empty interiors when damaged?

2. Also, will the periscopes and masts be exclusive to the Ohio-class SSBN? No more World War 2 submarines with modern periscopes?

3. If someone doesn't have the U-Boat Missions expansion pack, they can't use the updated version of the mod?

4. How will the radio mast be extended and retracted?

Last edited by Kaye T. Bai; 03-12-09 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-11-09, 04:27 AM   #59
tomagabriel
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye T. Bai
Ooh, very nice!

Love the new wake effects!

I just have four questions.

1. Will there be internal damage effects? No more empty interiors when damaged?

Probably; don't know yet. They will certainly be included one day. Possibly in this release, but not guaranteed.

2. Also, will the periscopes and masts be exclusive to the Ohio-class SSBN? No more World War 2 submarines with modern periscopes?

Yes, most likely the periscopes and masts will still be exclusive for the Ohio. I intend to change this, but...

3. If someone doesn't have the U-Boat Missions expansion pack, they can't use the updated version of the mod?

The mod uses German torpedos. I do not think they are compatible with SHIV without Uboot missions. I will try to release versions of the mod also for people without UBoot missions, but they will lack some features.

4. How will the radio mast be extended and retracted?

Press "Shift+X". In the future I will probably add a button for it.
See the answers in the quoted text.
Old 03-11-09, 04:30 AM   #60
Kaye T. Bai
Samurai Navy

Thanks tomagabriel!