Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 07-21-10, 10:12 PM   #61
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default SP 1.5

Hola Fercy Amigo Porteño

Iam surprised the unofficial SP 1.5 is so complicated. I got it from a French friend in one simple download took me 20 minutes to download and another 15 to install it into my games?????

Re my user-made missions, I have emailed them to 9 different persons( last time was yesterday) now without any problems and I have received FW's missions through the email without problems either.The last time I was trying to email a whole mod to you which is why we had problems.PM me your email and let's try it I am sure it will work without problems.I don't have time to upload them because I am not a memeber of any of these sites and with my current busy schedule, new computer and external hard disk problems ...

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 10:47 AM   #62
Fercyful
Medic

Downloads: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Hola Fercy Amigo Porteño

Iam surprised the unofficial SP 1.5 is so complicated. I got it from a French friend in one simple download took me 20 minutes to download and another 15 to install it into my games?????
the complicated part was actually find the file inside the russian forums and then enter the download site and have to enter another russian site (propaganda one) and after that I get the final download link, using the translator was hard for me

Quote:
Re my user-made missions, I have emailed them to 9 different persons( last time was yesterday) now without any problems and I have received FW's missions through the email without problems either.
roger that! I will PM you right now , gracias!
Old 07-29-10, 06:05 PM   #63
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SP 1.5 update from Stone 2009

Hi SF fans.I just read a post from Stone 2009 in the Sukhoi.ru Avia forum.He posted pics of all the new models that will be integral part of the official Steel Panzer mod 1.5.Quite impressive.He said the models are basically ready to roll and right now they're working on the new missions that will come with the models.No time estimate but mid August sounds realistic to me.

Hang on a bit more.

Cheers
Old 07-29-10, 09:06 PM   #64
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

Thanks Frinik. I'll gladly add the download link to the main page as soon as it's released
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 06:54 PM   #65
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Watch

Default Tiger Enhancement Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoCkwaVe View Post
PzVI Tiger Enhancement Pack - Subsim Exclusive

I made a small enhancement pack for the tigermod v1.0
I will post it here exclusively so feel free to use/share.

Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xtzj4e

Features:

added new mg42 sounds for both soldiers & tank.
added new diesel engine & track sounds for the tiger.
added a new fallbush camo skin.

Included Friedrich-Wilhelm's Steel Fury Missions.
so you now have 3 added missions to drive your tigers around & play in.
You can find them ingame under the user made missions.

IMPORTANT:

This is how your Installed modlist should look & the mod will work
without problems.

I am reading from the top of the list down so the pzVI Tiger Enhancement pack
should be enabled *last*.

JSGME Enabled List

1-Playable Panzer II, III & StuG v0.2
2-Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.4_eng
3-Steel_Sound_Mod_v1.1(fix)_eng
4-Tiger_Mod_v1.0
5-Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng
-->(6)-PzVI_Tiger_Epack

credits:

License:

report bugs @ subsim.com/tanksim.com
~Enjoy.

Hi Shockwave,

Thanks for including my Tiger missions for SF in your mod-pack. For work-related reasons, I have been away from Steel Fury and from this forum for some time and was pleasantly surprised when I read your post. I still won't have much time to devote to SF in the near future, but I would like to try out your pack and play my old missions with your improvements to the Tiger mod. However, I am not quite up-to-date on these mods.
I wasn't aware of a Tiger-mod 1.0, I still have 0.98. Also the playable Pz II, Pz III, and StuG III v0.2 I don't know yet. Could you please let me know where to find them.
I thought that with the release of Steel Panzers 1.4, the Playable Pz II, III, StuG III v0.2 had become obsolete. Is that not so?

Thanks for your help,

FW
Friedrich-Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 06:55 AM   #66
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Tiger_0

Hi FW good to hear form you after such a long absence.

The Tiger 1_0 mod came out about 6 months ago.Basically it adds the Tiger II( Koenigstiger) to the game.You get 2 new missions, one Nepokrytoe with the Tiger II and one with the JS2 fighting the Tiger II in Borki.They're both in the single missions menu.

Rather than download that mod you'd probably be better off to wait 3 more days (on Tanker's Day in Ru with is celebrated 12th Sept) for the official Steel Panzer mod 1.5 release which will incorporate the Tiger II and many other models and mods all in one.The Tiger 1_0 mod will be part of it.However if you insist on getting it then you can either get it on the Sukhoi.ru Avia forum( in Russina but with automatic English translation) or on the Tanksim.org.ru website where you normally find all SF mods.If you need the link just PM me and I'll send it to you.

You are right the playable Panzer II,III and Stug are already included in the previous mods 1.2 and 1.3 so they are included in 1.4

Cheers

Frinik
Old 09-09-10, 11:50 AM   #67
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Watch

Hi Frinik,

Good to hear from you, too. I already have the old King-Tiger mod. I just forgot what it was called and thought that "Tiger 1.0" stood for some kind of update to "Tiger 0.98".
Anyway, I simply installed Shockwave's Tiger-I Enhancement Pack over what I already had and it works just fine. Yesterday, I was able to play my mission 4 from that pack and it was quite interesteing to see te Tiger in its new, 1943-and-onward liveree. Perhaps, the attacking Soviet tankers were surprised, too and couldn't see me; because usually, they get me toward the end of the mission, but this time they didn't and I knocked out 14 of their tanks.
I really like the new paint scheme. Great job, Shockwave! The sounds of the engine and the MG42 are now different, too. As a little kid, in the early 80s, at an open house on military base in Southern Germany, I fired a Bundeswehr-MG once. I believe that this weapon was based on the old MG42. I only got to fire a burst of five rounds (blanks), but they zipped through in no time at all. If I remember correctly, it sound like a really fast sewing machine, or like ripping cardboard paper.

I really hope that Shockwave's mod will work with Steel Panzer mod 1.5 without conflict. By the way, pardon my ignorance, but why is (Soviet? Former-Soviet?) Tanker's day on September 12?

S!

FW
Old 09-09-10, 01:59 PM   #68
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedrich-Wilhelm View Post
By the way, pardon my ignorance, but why is (Soviet? Former-Soviet?) Tanker's day on September 12?
There isn't a specific event it celebrates, except that it has become traditional since a tank parade in Moscow was organized on September 8th, 1946, to celebrate the contributions of the Kantemirovskaya tank division to the war. Since then, the 2nd sunday of September is Tanker's day. In Russia, every type of military service has their own day designated, so it's only logical that tankers got their own unique one.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 10:21 PM   #69
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Panzer VI e Pack

FW, the Panzer VI e Pack works with both the Steel Panzer 1.4 and unofficial 1.5 as I have it installed on all my versions and it works fine as long as you enable it last in your JSGME. It should work without problems with the official SP 1.5 as well as long as you enable it last.

The MG you fired with the Bundeswehr is the G3 which is the direct descendant of the MG42.Just a little bit modernised.BTW the American post war M60 MG also uses the MG42 features as the Americans were very impressed by it's deadly efficiency.

Cheers
Old 09-10-10, 12:38 PM   #70
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Watch

Default Tanker's Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
There isn't a specific event it celebrates, except that it has become traditional since a tank parade in Moscow was organized on September 8th, 1946, to celebrate the contributions of the Kantemirovskaya tank division to the war. Since then, the 2nd sunday of September is Tanker's day. In Russia, every type of military service has their own day designated, so it's only logical that tankers got their own unique one.

Thank you, CCIP. I was not aware of this. Does this mean that in Russia, there is something like "Aviator's Day," too? If so, when is it?

Regards,

FW
Old 09-10-10, 12:51 PM   #71
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Yup - it's October 28th (Aviator's Day or Military Flyer's Day)

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 12:56 PM   #72
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
SF fans.Going back to the " unofficial" Steel Panzer mods 1.5 I download( courtesy of my firend Bobosse) and installed it on one of my game and I still found it useful and interesting as a stop-gap mod.
1) it incorporates many new units in the mission Editor including; TigerII , the brummbear( unfortunately not playable), the SU122, su 85( which I had added manually) , the SU 152, new versions of the Panzer IVF2 and Tiger H, the Stug III G Saukopf and one with Zimmerit( mine protecting coat paste), the JS2 1944 version, the T34/85 1944 version and the T34/76 with the new turret.All in all interesting additions.Unfortunately the Panther, Elefant, the Marder III and Panzer IV H will have to waiat the official release. As well there are now 3 new missions one each with the SU85, Su122, and SU 152 as well as the 3 trophy(beute) missions the Panzer IIC, the Panzer IVF2 and the Tiger all playing for the reds.

What's good about this "unofficial" Steel Panzer mod 1.5 is that you only need to install the SF patch and thta 1.5 and you have all the other previous mods installed in one shot( steel sound, trophy, TIger 1.0, compass etc).It's a real time saver.Just extract it into your main game folder and make a copy of the file application into your mods folder and bingo you have SP 1.5 in your JSGME mods enabler.

Cheers
Hi Frinik,

Does the unofficial Steel Panzer mod 1.5 need to be installed on top of SP 1.4, or instead of it. Is Sp 1.4 already included in the unofficial SP 1.5?

Thanks,

FW
Old 09-10-10, 01:02 PM   #73
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Watch

Default Aviator's Day

Wow, that was fast!

Thank you, CCIP.

S!

FW
Old 09-10-10, 11:26 PM   #74
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SP 1.4 and unoff 1.5

FW the unofficial SP 1.5 is like any other mod it needs to be enabled last.Yes it does incorporate all of what was in SP 1.4 with a few additions.It;s not as exhaustive or complete as the official 1.5 but I intsalled it anyway as I was able to add the SU 122, SU 152, the JS2 model 1944, the Tiger II, the Brummbaer I, the Stug III F Saukopf and some variations of the T34/76, the Panzer IV and of the Tiger I into the MIssion Editor.But at this stage better wait a couple of days for the real thing.

Yeah the former Soviet states are full of these military celebrations.Ironically while they denounced German or Prussian militarism and military traditions which they embraced wholeheartedly including the Goosestep and German military drills and inspired uniforms(it started under the Tsars it s true.You could always trust the peace-loving Reds to be double-faced about everything.

CHeers

|if you want I ll send you some of my new missions

Cheers
Old 09-11-10, 09:11 AM   #75
tigershuffle
Seaman

[QUOTE=frinik;1490441]FW the unofficial SP 1.5 is like any other mod it needs to be enabled last.Yes it does incorporate all of what was in SP 1.4 with a few additions.It;s not as exhaustive or complete as the official 1.5 but I intsalled it anyway as I was able to add the SU 122, SU 152, the JS2 model 1944, the Tiger II, the Brummbaer I, the Stug III F Saukopf and some variations of the T34/76, the Panzer IV and of the Tiger I into the MIssion Editor.But at this stage better wait a couple of days for the real thing.

|if you want I ll send you some of my new missions

Hi, is SP1.5 likely to have an English version......i did install the unofficial 1.5 but it wasnt the English language version, so I uninstalled and reverted back to 1.4

If and when can you post install instructions please
any help would be appreciated.......thanks
tigershuffle is offline   Reply With Quote