SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-18-08, 11:00 AM   #1216
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

Hey OLC,

Just great work on this mod. I LOVE the waves through the scope. Thank you for your work.

Just one question...

When I look through the scope in big waves even though the ship I am looking at is blocked by the waves I can still see the reflection of the ship in my scope on the wave that is blocking LOS to the ship. Does that make sense??? Is this a known bug or just something on my end?

Thanks again!

Lanzfeld
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-08, 02:21 PM   #1217
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_jim
Do i have to download sh3cmdr31 to work with olc_ubermod and what turn do i have to follow
thnx in advanced for helping me.
wellcome wolfpack,
it,s pretty easy,follow the steps:

inside the the file you will find the jsgme mods.7z file,open it and now you see six files (olc gui special,olce2,olce2 adjusted gwx2.1 crew skins....etc) copy all these files and paste them into the silenthunteriii/mods/ folder.now find the jsgme.exe(in the silenthunteriii/ folder) and run it.now you will see these files on your left.enable them, close the jsgme,run the game and let the trip...start!

good days ...coming
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-08, 03:40 PM   #1218
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

This looks great, but i would prefer not to have the zoom restrictions or the relistic waves for now...or the limitations on the chart viewing imposed by GUI Special

I found a copy of GUI. for GWX 1.3, will that be the older (dark) version? without the zoom restrictions?

thanks ...and will it work with this versoin of OLC2? thanks for any advice on this, this looks great, i plan to use OLC2 and Thomsen's water which looks like the best i have seen yet for real ocean wave realism.
Old 11-19-08, 04:08 PM   #1219
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach
This looks great, but i would prefer not to have the zoom restrictions or the relistic waves for now...or the limitations on the chart viewing imposed by GUI Special

I found a copy of GUI. for GWX 1.3, will that be the older (dark) version? without the zoom restrictions?

thanks ...and will it work with this versoin of OLC2? thanks for any advice on this, this looks great, i plan to use OLC2 and Thomsen's water which looks like the best i have seen yet for real ocean wave realism.
If you don't want the Gui special for the reasons you stated yourself you can enable the OLC Gui 1.2.7 instead. Is that the one you imply? Or an older version? (you may want to compare the thread numberID) I know for sure the bottom 'OLC Gui' link works with the Ubermod as I use it myself.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=124639

It does require the use of the doublemast tool though to recalculate the mastvalues for correct use with the AOB finder.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-08, 01:55 AM   #1220
wolfpack_jim
Watch

Downloads: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94
Quote:
Do i have to download sh3cmdr31 to work with olc_ubermod and what turn do i have to follow
thnx in advanced for helping me.
wellcome wolfpack,
it,s pretty easy,follow the steps:

inside the the file you will find the jsgme mods.7z file,open it and now you see six files (olc gui special,olce2,olce2 adjusted gwx2.1 crew skins....etc) copy all these files and paste them into the silenthunteriii/mods/ folder.now find the jsgme.exe(in the silenthunteriii/ folder) and run it.now you will see these files on your left.enable them, close the jsgme,run the game and let the trip...start!

good days ...coming
Makman u are the best thnx. But i have to mention that a new problem arise.
Before the last mod i used to play using widely nomograf that was in the right of the map. Now i see that nomograf is an extra tool in the map but the problem is that i can't draw lines above that tool in order to match time and distance to find speed. Accordinally i can't use the two other tools on the navigator map. What can i do?
Thnx one more time...
wolfpack_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-08, 10:54 AM   #1221
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Makman u are the best thnx. But i have to mention that a new problem arise.
Before the last mod i used to play using widely nomograf that was in the right of the map. Now i see that nomograf is an extra tool in the map but the problem is that i can't draw lines above that tool in order to match time and distance to find speed. Accordinally i can't use the two other tools on the navigator map. What can i do?
Thnx one more time...
no problem with that. first draw a line on the map.then grap the nomo and match the minutes with the one edge of the line.then grap with your ruller the OTHER edge of the line and move it to match the distance that you want.now read the speed (the point tha your line intercept the speed column!
bye
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 02:40 PM   #1222
Pisces
Silent Hunter

As Balz would say it: "It's the nomograph that's placed above the line that is placed under the nomograph beneath the former.... if it is written in Anglais"

Last edited by Pisces; 11-21-08 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-24-08, 04:57 AM   #1223
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427
Ctrl+Shift+PgUp makes the sun look less "flat"
alsot gives the proper atlantic "haze" if you ask me
For me it makes the view blur or lack of sharpness. Sun stays like a white pancake in the sky. Looking for the sun fix through the forums..
Old 11-24-08, 07:05 AM   #1224
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 97

That sun problem can you solve if you have a nvidia card
with the program nhancer. On this forum you can find
the settings.

Now i do have a nice sun.
Old 11-24-08, 07:36 AM   #1225
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I remember there was a fix for OLCE sun somewhere in this forum. I would like to try it first.

Nevermind found it where I had to look in the first place..

http://rapidshare.com/files/14330636...for_OLCU242.7z

Now the sun looks as it should. Thanks. Will have a look does it support High rez.

Supports resolution fix. Tried 1280x1024 for my 17 inch monitor. Looks very beautifull indeed.

Might be not good for OLC GUI special users, might bring inacurate calculatons or so, they should tell this better if it makes difference with res fix.

Last edited by Contact; 11-24-08 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-29-08, 06:56 AM   #1226
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

hello OLC,

I ask for your permission to use Single.tga and Salvo.tga from OLC-GUI for my selfmade hsGUI.

h.sie
Old 11-30-08, 07:07 AM   #1227
robbythesub
Captain

Downloads: 302
Default Ranging question

Hi

Love the mod, well done and thanks for all your work which is much appreciated.

I have two questions which I hope someone can answer.

1. How do you find the range of a target from you (previously it was shown when locked? I realise you can ask for a range check when surfaced but not via the tdc and not at all when submerged as far as I can see?

2. On my system, when viewing the sea from the bridge or an eagle view, one can see lines in the sea going away into the distance, (rows of waves in a line)- is this the game or my system?
I am using an nvidea GE force 7900 GS, 2.4 GZ processor and 2mb ram.
The game runs perfectly on my system with to crashes ever or slow running issues on the highest settings.

Many thanks

:p
robbythesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 10:56 AM   #1228
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbythesub
Hi

Love the mod, well done and thanks for all your work which is much appreciated.

I have two questions which I hope someone can answer.

1. How do you find the range of a target from you (previously it was shown when locked? I realise you can ask for a range check when surfaced but not via the tdc and not at all when submerged as far as I can see?

2. On my system, when viewing the sea from the bridge or an eagle view, one can see lines in the sea going away into the distance, (rows of waves in a line)- is this the game or my system?
I am using an nvidea GE force 7900 GS, 2.4 GZ processor and 2mb ram.
The game runs perfectly on my system with to crashes ever or slow running issues on the highest settings.

Many thanks

:p
1: Have you seen the 2 tutorial videos that OLC made? Look at his Filefront page. It's explained perfectly. If you use the Gui Special you need to pay more attention to the 'Gui Special' video rather than the 'normal Gui' video. But the latter explains alot of other things of the mod the Special doesn't.

2: Sounds like a driver issue. But I've never heard of it here before. That said there is some large-scale regularity in the way waves are rendered. Meaning they get re-used or something. Please try to provide a screendump. ... p.s. 2 MB of ram??? No wonder.
Old 12-01-08, 03:41 AM   #1229
robbythesub
Captain

Downloads: 302
Default Reply

Hello and thanks for replying.

Sorry, I of course meant 2GB of RAM !

I will have a good look at the page you mentioned.

Could someone please tell me how to take a screen shot?

Regards

Last edited by robbythesub; 12-01-08 at 02:14 PM.
robbythesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-08, 01:59 PM   #1230
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie
hello OLC,

I ask for your permission to use Single.tga and Salvo.tga from OLC-GUI for my selfmade hsGUI.

h.sie
Yes, of course, help yourself.