SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-18-17, 12:40 PM   #1
alexv86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Manual Navigation

Hey all, I'm a new(ish) player, I actually got it off steam a couple years ago, but then my computer exploded only a few days later. We're an Apple household, so it's been awhile till i could pick up an extra windows machine.

Anyway, I'm running GWX, with the god mode marker turned off, but I dont feel confident enough to use manual targeting yet. On the navigation map Ships aren't marked on the map when spotted but there's still a little circle around my position. I want to do fully manual navigation, is there something else that i need to select in my realism settings or is there a mod to use?

SH3 (Steam)- GWX
HP 15- Windows 10 64b
AMD A10 2.5Ghz 8GB RAM
Old 08-18-17, 08:40 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard!

alexv86!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-17, 04:07 AM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi alex
Quote:
On the navigation map Ships aren't marked on the map
This is a realism setting.

Adding SH3Commander will also give you many more game setting options.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-17, 08:20 AM   #4
alexv86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon14 Oh, I will check that out.

I do have Commander installed, but it doesn't look anything like that. Is that a different version? And HD? Is that widescreen?
Old 08-19-17, 08:32 AM   #5
alexv86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Don't see it.

I am looking right now, I don't see it.
I took a pic of my comm. options screen, but I can't figure out how to ATM (I'm On my iPhone)

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-19-17, 08:41 AM   #6
alexv86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default ohhhh... still doesnt work

ok sorry i just got confused there, but figured it out. I have that option unchecked in my game, but it still marks my location, just not other ships.
Old 08-19-17, 08:59 AM   #7
alexv86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon1 Clarification

Sorry, I just reread my original post and realized i could have been a little clearer on what it is I am trying to accomplish. I don't want there to be any ship locations tracked on the navigation map automatically, including mine. I want to have to keep track of my position and mark other ships.
Old 08-19-17, 11:06 AM   #8
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi alex
Tick the 'No contact update' option and you will only see your boat on the map.
You cannot remove your boat from the map unfortunately.

SH3Commander and GWX are a great combination.
You do need an extra file called SH3 config to work with the latest GWX3.0 version.

SH3C offers you many options to add more realistic game play and career and crew options also.
These post below will give you a good idea of what you can do when added to GWX3.0.
Post #11 SH3Commander > Making Changes > New Career > Launching LSH3.

Post #12 Launching LSH3 With SH3Commander > Starting The Mission > Difficulty Settings.

Post #19 Setting Up Patrol 2 > Creating A Personnel File > Managing The Crew With SH3Commander.
Post #20 Loading Patrol 2 From SH3Commander.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 09:08 AM   #9
YellowFin
Engineer

Downloads: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexv86 View Post
Sorry, I just reread my original post and realized i could have been a little clearer on what it is I am trying to accomplish. I don't want there to be any ship locations tracked on the navigation map automatically, including mine. I want to have to keep track of my position and mark other ships.
There is a "realistic contacts" mod that removes all map contacts, including those that come with B-Dienst messages. I'm using it in my youtube let's play and it makes for a very challenging game!
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 09:02 AM   #10
alexv86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon14 Found it!

I found that, or something that does the same thing in the downloads section. Keeping track of where you are helps pass the time during those long patrols.

Thanks for the help
Old 08-21-17, 11:29 AM   #11
PapaSmurf
Bosun

Downloads: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexv86 View Post
I found that, or something that does the same thing in the downloads section. Keeping track of where you are helps pass the time during those long patrols.

Thanks for the help
I have been interested in trying this myself but I have to ask since I really don't know. Without the game showing where you are how do you know your location? Do you plot your heading, and use speed and time to determine location during the entire patrol? And if you use this mod, when you plot a course using the in game tool does it still show you the time to each waypoint or does this mod eliminate the ability to set a course using the in game tool?
PapaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 09:56 PM   #12
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

I use real navigation. Just Neff to no use contacts, hide the boat, change the icon in dollar with empty transparent tga file. Yes you use time and distance and no the plot tool.
She have real navigation script wish update your location by a mark. I use the plot tool for lol the real protein when I see the weather let me calculated star or si position. The weather define wish zoom I use. Is playing with rules.

I only use plot for kiel Canal, some ports as Bordeaux.

Tags
navigation, sh3 gwx 3.0