Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 12-07-08, 04:43 PM   #1
Loud_Silence
Planesman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Looking for Steel Beasts Pro PE

About a year a half ago one friend gave me a "copy" of Steel Beasts Gold 1.226. It was just a copy-paste-play in a CD, and i don't even know if there is a newer version of it, but a moth ago i started playing it and its quite realistic and inmersive... and the only modern tank simulator i know so far.
I've heared about Pro PE, and watched a few videos on youtube. It has nice graphics and with the realism of the original SB (i don't know if it has any enhancements more) it must be really good.
The big problem is i cant find it anywhere. Im from spain and buying it the US costs too much. Is there a boxed version of Pro PE? Or a re-release (like Lock On Gold)?
Also please tell me what i have to do to patch up my SB Gold to the most recent version.
Thanks

Last edited by Loud_Silence; 12-07-08 at 04:44 PM.

Old 12-07-08, 06:33 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Silence
About a year a half ago one friend gave me a "copy" of Steel Beasts Gold 1.226. It was just a copy-paste-play in a CD, and i don't even know if there is a newer version of it, but a moth ago i started playing it and its quite realistic and inmersive... and the only modern tank simulator i know so far.
I've heared about Pro PE, and watched a few videos on youtube. It has nice graphics and with the realism of the original SB (i don't know if it has any enhancements more) it must be really good.
The big problem is i cant find it anywhere. Im from spain and buying it the US costs too much. Is there a boxed version of Pro PE? Or a re-release (like Lock On Gold)?
Also please tell me what i have to do to patch up my SB Gold to the most recent version.
Thanks
1. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=88893

2. SB Gold/1.226 represents the final patching status for SB
Old 12-07-08, 08:59 PM   #3
Lieste
Soundman

Well there is actually a small hotfix for a missing map file that can be applied to 1.226, this only corrects a non-fatal error dialogue that appears in the mission editor.

SBProPE is cheapest from esim in the states, as it includes the shipping in the (currently) $125 price. The EU resellers, okaysoft in germany all add significantly to the cost as they have to cover their import costs and provide some profit. They do offer alternative payment options however (esim web store is CC only)

The new update due in the spring is a paid upgrade, and the inclusive cost of SB with this will be slightly more than the current cost. It will also be available for a small additional charge to current users. Exact costs and features are still not confirmed though. Early experience with the Beta is positive, but some issues need to be addressed before it is done.
Lieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 07:19 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Currently the sim costs 125$ in the US.

That is currently 97 € if ordering and paying from Europe, shipping included. I got mine without additional taxes.

Okaysoft in Germany lists it for 120 € last time I checked them, so it is the most expensive option indeed. It translates into 155 $US.

Currently, ordering from Euro-Europe is the cheapest option.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-08-08 at 07:19 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 03:26 PM   #5
Loud_Silence
Planesman

Thanks for all the help. I hope SB2 is a bit easier to get. Ill keep training in SB until then.
Trust me, in Spain buying on internet really sucks, everything costs twice. Its a miracle we dont pay for oxygen...
Loud_Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 04:00 PM   #6
Lieste
Soundman

Howso?

SBProPE costs the same price to ship to California as it does to Timbuktoo... $125 including the Codemeter stick, shipping and a printed manual.

It might be more expensive than 'normal' software, but not by very much. In the UK, it is routine for games to cost £35-45 : while SBProPE is a bit more at £60 or thereabouts, it isn't hugely more expensive and I personally can't see it as being a poor deal.
Lieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 06:21 PM   #7
Splash1
Swabbie

Downloads: 22

Plus, with the Spanish vehicles coming with the upgrade, I would think you would have incentive to go with ProPe rather than the old SB.
Splash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 08:03 PM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

There is no point in waiting for SB2, it probabaly is still years away. Just accept it if it ever crosses your way. I think that is the most clever attitude towards it.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-08-08 at 08:04 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 04:57 PM   #9
andym
Weps

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

I took the plunge and ordered my copy of SB Pro PE last monday,it arrived from the US on the thursday of the same week!Now my gaming laptop is defective!I just hope it will run on my back up lappy!
Old 12-09-08, 05:05 PM   #10
porphy
Commodore

Downloads: 4

You are now one of the beasts, good luck hunting.

"A paranoid is simply someone in possession of all the facts."
W. B.
porphy is offline   Reply With Quote