SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-17, 05:44 PM   #1
wolfbaron
Sailor man

Downloads: 229
Uploads: 0
Default Operation Monsun CTD Scapa flow - always !

Hello Guys..it is been a while and im back for SH4

however the only thing i cannot do is fix Crash at scapa flow..whenever i enter this area crash....if i stay in map view it wont crash howeverr when i switch to bridge or external view always crashes..anyone faced that or can suggest a fix ??
RSRD
OM all patches
OMEGU patched
RUIM

Last edited by wolfbaron; 03-13-17 at 06:07 PM. Reason: OM,CTD,RSRD,SCAPA,Monsun
wolfbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 08:09 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Make sure your mods are all set correctly in their folders in the MODS folder (consult the JSGME pdf instructions), and that you've emptied your save folder, or used MultiSH with a new save folder. That is one of the easiest ways to corrupt a mod, and "cross-contaminate" it with calls and such from a different mod. Barring any issues with that, make sure you video system is all set the same between your video display, the video card, windows and the game, that they are all set the same... and as always, consult THEBERBSTER's signature...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 10:33 AM   #3
wolfbaron
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Make sure your mods are all set correctly in their folders in the MODS folder (consult the JSGME pdf instructions), and that you've emptied your save folder, or used MultiSH with a new save folder. That is one of the easiest ways to corrupt a mod, and "cross-contaminate" it with calls and such from a different mod. Barring any issues with that, make sure you video system is all set the same between your video display, the video card, windows and the game, that they are all set the same... and as always, consult THEBERBSTER's signature...
Thank you so much for the reply..i did make sure to do the above except... i will try removing sh4 from users/documents completely

i will also try the 4g memory fix...then i will see

what is weird is that only scapa flow crashes every single time

i do not get ctds even with the biggest of convoys

thank you again
Old 03-14-17, 10:38 AM   #4
wolfbaron
Sailor man

mmm just relized i do not need the 4gb fix ...i have a windows 10 home 64 bt

and gameplay is flawless except issue i mentioned
Old 03-14-17, 10:53 AM   #5
wolfbaron
Sailor man

Default [UPDATE]

deleting SH4 did not help ...i cant catch the problem

constact CTD at scapa flow or quite near it
Old 03-14-17, 01:15 PM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

It's been so long since I played the mod, and when I did, my computer was a puny little single-core, 1.4GHz cpu, 1g ram weakling, back in like 2009. I crashed all of the time in that, so gave up, but I just put if off to my computer...

The thing with that LAA program, is that the game is a 32-bit game, and as such was written to use less than 2 gig of ram. No matter what your OS is, no matter how much ram you have installed - SH4 will not use more than 2 gig of ram. That's all that Windows allowed back then. In fact, it's actually closer to 1.5 gig of ram. LAA allows a 32-bit app that is Large Address Aware, such as SH4 v1.5, to address more that 2 gig of ram. Some of the larger mods benefit greatly from it. Just read up on the proper use of the applet, and see how it does. Just make sure your SH4.exe file isn't set to "Read only".

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 04:14 PM   #7
wolfbaron
Sailor man

mmmi will try to find a workaround for the issue....i just re-installed however it only crashes after OM mod...hmmm
Old 03-22-17, 07:30 AM   #8
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbaron View Post
mmm just relized i do not need the 4gb fix ...i have a windows 10 home 64 bt

and gameplay is flawless except issue i mentioned
Wolfbaron, to further go along with what Propbeanie said a reply ago, please take a look at this thread "Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install".

Especially having Windows 10 with a 64 bit OS!!

You need Large Address Aware to help the modded SH4 game play on that computer of yours, AND you need to make sure Windows 10 is set properly to play this 10 year old game! Things like having the correct DirectX files loaded (which Windows 10 DirectX 12 does not do!), or knowing if you have the correct .NetFramework version for your OS installed and enabled (which Windows 10 does not do!) is important too. Believe me, you don't get an "install and play anything" Operating System with Windows 10!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote