SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-04-18, 09:11 PM   #106
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 1
Default New update to 2004 Campaign. Now sync'ed to 1.15 patch.

2004 Mod Update # 8: Date:06/04/2018
Resync'd for Update 1.15.
Replaced the SEAWOLF and VIRGINIA Models with the official SEAWOLF model released by Killerfish Games in 1.12.
Replaced the LOS ANGELES Flt II and LOS ANGELES Flt III models with he official models released by Killerfish Games in 1.12.
Reworked ULA and HAUK Models.
Added SEVERODVINSK (YASEN) Class to both NATO and RUSSIAN 2004 North Atlantic Campaigns).
Cleanup of general campaign files, and general 1.15 sync.

As always, let me know of any problems encountered.

Sorry for the delay, real life programming assignments have limited my hobby time.

LTJG Beam
LTJGBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-18, 12:56 AM   #107
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Mod Update # 8a: Date: 06/05/2018

Corrected issue causing YASEN CLASS props to not rotate.

More work on the ULA model based on information from someone who served aboard the class.

As always let me know of any issues discovered.

LTJG Beam
Old 06-09-18, 01:18 AM   #108
Capt.Hunt
Loader

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

it's looking awesome, although I did notice that the news updates and the mission briefs tend to refer to the Russians as Soviets. There must be some references that have not been changed from the 1984 campaign.

In particular, I'm getting missions "off the Soviet coast," but I'm also seeing references to the "Soviet Navy," "Soviet government" and the like.

I hadn't noticed this in the previous version.
Capt.Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-18, 08:49 PM   #109
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Hunt View Post
it's looking awesome, although I did notice that the news updates and the mission briefs tend to refer to the Russians as Soviets. There must be some references that have not been changed from the 1984 campaign.

In particular, I'm getting missions "off the Soviet coast," but I'm also seeing references to the "Soviet Navy," "Soviet government" and the like.

I hadn't noticed this in the previous version.
I will double check, I must have missed some text in the copying of the files to resync to 1.15.

Thanks for the report.

LTJG Beam
Old 06-12-18, 06:32 PM   #110
Mspot
Bosun

Downloads: 57

Nice work.

Problem: I just completed a mission -- last night -- in the Virginia off the Norwegian coast near Bergen. After completing, I clicked through the various buttons in order to proceed to the next phase when, at the last screen shown prior to being released to transit, there was no button to click. No 'Next', 'Okay'. Nothing. Had to alt-F4 out. I opened the game moments ago, went to load the Virginia save file (2004 campaign) and see a beautiful ocean view -- sky, sunrise or sunset, on the top of the image and ocean along the bottom of the image. No buttons, no nothing else.

[I just opened the game and attempted to do the same with the Seawolf file saved. Same glorious image].

***Never mind. I had attempted a small tweak to one of the playable files. That tweak caused the problems. Problem fixed.***
Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: to every man upon this earth death come soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods.

Last edited by Mspot; 06-12-18 at 06:53 PM.
Mspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-18, 08:12 PM   #111
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Looks like the 2004 Campaign is going into drydock again. The latest new update 1.15c will require me to resync the files again. KILLERFISH made some exciting changes...

LTJG Beam
Old 06-24-18, 01:33 PM   #112
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Resync'd the 2004 Campaign for Update 1.15d.

All files resync'd.
Updated Ula Class with Harpoon, TASM, and TLAM capability based on input from an Ula Submariner. It also makes Ula able to complete the TLAM Mission in the Campaign, so BONUS!
Added North Atlantic 2004 NATO vs Russia
North Atlantic 2004 Russia vs NATO
to the Quick Mission Selections. All 2004 Campaign NATO and Russian Units now usable in the Quick Mission Editor.

As always, please report any issues encountered.

LTJG Beam
Old 06-29-18, 08:10 PM   #113
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Mod Update # 9a: Date:06/29/2018

Updated Ula Class to remove active sonar based on input from an Ula Submariner. Thanks LCDR for your continued help on the Ula. Note: The game didn't like just setting ActiveSonarModel=FALSE to accomplish this (probably because the HUD has a hardcoded button for active mode) so I had to get a little creative. It appears to be working. Let me know if any issues occur.

Fixed a couple of ship name typos in 2004 Russian campaign. This may have been the cause of the blank mission screens in the campaign.

Akula II and Sierra II submarines should properly display now in the signatures panel in the campaign as well.

Added the OHIO SSGN back into the 2004 Campaign as a playable sub.

Added UK and Norwegian Subs to playable subs in Quick Missions 2004 option.

As always, let me know of any issues encountered.

LTJG Beam
Old 07-02-18, 08:54 AM   #114
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Downloads: 18

Default Campaign Map North Atlantic 2004

I recently updated NA2004 after reading of an update here a few days ago. I played an entire campaign yesterday.

What's up with this:

Movement on the campaign map to and from missions seems painfully slow. Maybe I'm just impatient to get where I'm going. :-) Is there a setting that can be tweaked to increase onscreen travel speed while keeping mission times reflective of the distance?

More importantly, while moving about the campaign map, I was frequently dumped into additional blind skirmishes both travelling to mission areas from Holy Loch and from one mission to the next. So much so that I often was unable to get to the mission location before that mission time frame expired, my sub was so full of holes that there was more water inside than outside or I had exhausted my weapons to the point that I didn't have enough left to take on the assigned assets that I was there to deal with.

At one point travelling to the Norwegian Straight from The Russian coast I was dumped into 3 sub intercepts (one had 3 aggressive targets) and two surface vessel engagements. Needless to say I was unable to get to the GIUK in time to intercept my assigned targets and in fact had to abandon the next assigned mission to go back and rearm because I had nothing left except rocks to throw at the enemy.
CDR DPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 07:22 PM   #115
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48

I don't know if it is good or bad, but I have gone the opposite direction after firing one torpedo towards the initial target. It seems to keep them occupied while I am clearing the area.

I go as deep as I can and at high speed to be able to exit the mission.

I assume my Admiral knows what he is doing when he sends me so far.

I also take more round-about routes to avoid the Soviet coast than I used to.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 11:01 PM   #116
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Appreciate the tips Delgard.
Old 07-04-18, 03:27 PM   #117
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Mod Update # 9b: Date:07/04/2018
Resync of files for 1.15e.

This update resync's the files to ver. 1.15e. Let me know of any issues encountered.

Also, any additional details on missions preceding a blank mission scenario would be appreciated. I am not 100% sure this issue is resolved, but I haven't had luck duplicating it.

Thanks!

LTJG Beam
Old 07-04-18, 10:23 PM   #118
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Default Ooops

v9b - Went to play mission019 which is supposed to be a tlam strike - it is actually a sub hunt under the ice.

Died once, won once - after ditching the extra weight of the unneeded cruise missiles. :-)
Old 07-06-18, 09:19 AM   #119
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR DPH View Post
v9b - Went to play mission019 which is supposed to be a tlam strike - it is actually a sub hunt under the ice.

Died once, won once - after ditching the extra weight of the unneeded cruise missiles. :-)
Ok, I must have a mission text out of sync. I will investigate and correct. Thanks for the report.

LTJG Beam
Old 07-13-18, 06:03 AM   #120
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

Downloads: 97

In the Yasen class, even when starting at max range, instantly going silent drive, and aiming to go below the layer I am usually detected by surface in the first minutes.

Is this a mod or game specific problem?
MANoWAR.U52 is offline   Reply With Quote