SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-21-19, 12:12 PM   #1
ArnoldR
Medic

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Icon9 Help me please, can no more play to SH3......

Greetings fellow kaleuns,

For some reasons, I uninstalled NYGM (desactivated the NYGM mods with JSGME). But Steam can no more be launched on my old PC, so SH3 can no more be launched too!!!

So, I reinstalled all the NYGM mods (including HSie and Stiebler patches), and I can launch SH3 again! ........ But now, when I lauch a mission, the game is stuck on pause!!! If I press th pause button, the game is immediately paused again.....

Has anyone ever experienced such a problem??? Help me please! My mod list: only NYGM mods and HSIe and Stiebler patches.

Edit: I tried to apply the Blitzkrig's SFSF module (on a clean SH3 install), but it says that it's blocked by my antivirus software. So, I desactivated it, but the SFSF gives again the same message....
ArnoldR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19, 12:25 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Steam updated their "securtiy" a while back, and if the Steam checks fail, then the game won't function. ie: If Steam won't start, the game can't start because it cannot verify the software license. You will probably have to de-activate the NYGM mod again, copy the MODS folder to a different location so you don't lose your mods (you should get rid of the JSGME ini file, and the backup file in there). Then try to start the Steam app on your computer, log-in and let things update completely, then see if SH3 starts. You will most likely have to re-install Steam online though. I don't know if they have a "Repair" function from the Steam online or not - I've not had to do that yet (knock on wood)... You can try a couple of Steam links:

STEAM Client refresh/repair/reinstall? from 2013
Fix common problems with the Steam client updated 2016

Once you get Steam working, then you can try SH3 again, or re-install / repair it. After all of that, ~then~ try the NYGM mod again.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19, 02:23 PM   #3
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

just to put in my two cents... get the disc. Steam has all kinds of weirdness with their games.. especially if you want to mod. Get a disc from amazon and you will not regret it.

I have SH4 on steam, and have no plans on modding it, so it works awesome for me.
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19, 04:16 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

There are some caveats involved with Steam, but you still have to move the SH3 & 4 games out of the Program Files (x86) folder to get it away from Windows UAC (User Access Control), whether you use disk, download or Steam, else Windows will 'rollback' any changes that JSGME makes. Steam just has their extra "licensing" step every time you start the game. A person can also make "extra" copies of their Steam games, just like a disk user can, so that they can have a Stock and several modded versions of the game on the same computer with the use of MultiSH. Those copies can be added to the Steam Start menu, and it does all its wondrous duty and runs the modded game just fine. If you don't add them to the Steam menu, they won't start because of the licensing. Somewhat reminiscent of StarFarce or Uplay...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote