Closed Thread

Old 02-23-19, 11:50 AM   #9211
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
It looks like the tide could be turning against PM May.
Without the ERG in the Conservatives and the DUP PM May has no chance but hey if she wants to flog a dead horse feel free.

Here is my odds as it stands

Brexit with a deal 10%
Brexit no deal 10%
Brexit delayed 50%
General election 1%

Next weeks vote shall be a pop corn and beer day.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 02-23-19 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-23-19, 11:58 AM   #9212
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georg Lassen View Post
Is Brexit in danger? That is the real objective of the EU, they do want Britain back but with under Franco-German vasallege.
Yes due to a bogde awful deal. The EU rather we did not leave but one thing is for sure if we leave and in the near future try to grobble our way back in you can bet the EU boot will hurt to get back in.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 02-23-19, 03:56 PM   #9213
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Ha, Brexit is danger no matter what happens,
The Awful Deal,
No deal + Crash out,
or Even just cancelling it altogether (since the EU as an institution appears to be faultering badly)

So its a mess no matter which way it goes.
At least, there is no option without any negative consequences.
I'm struggling to find reasons to care anymore to be honest. - of course that can change depending on the outcome.
Old 02-24-19, 07:15 AM   #9214
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Ha, Brexit is danger no matter what happens,
The Awful Deal,
No deal + Crash out,
or Even just cancelling it altogether (since the EU as an institution appears to be faultering badly)

So its a mess no matter which way it goes.
At least, there is no option without any negative consequences.
I'm struggling to find reasons to care anymore to be honest. - of course that can change depending on the outcome.
Pretty much how I see it now Francis

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-24-19, 07:21 AM   #9215
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The Brexit vote must not be frustrated and the government needs to maintain an "absolute" focus on delivering it, Theresa May has said.

In a speech to Tory activists the PM said, as her negotiations with the EU reach their final stages, the "worst thing we could do is lose our focus".https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47346630
I fear she is wasting her breath but I'm confident should Parliament prevent the will of the people there will be heavy prices paid at the next General Election seeing as how all votes will be in the public domain.

Am I correct in believing that Parliament can vote in a way that gives a binding instruction to the government as to what the final outcome will be?

Should that be the case then the game has already ended.

Old 02-24-19, 07:53 AM   #9216
STEED
Lucky Jack

I am now in favour of a second reforendrum and if the people vote to stay so be. I have said it right from the start it was a pack of lies on all sides and treated like a joke contest. The last two years have confirmed to me time for a revolution. British politics is not broken its dead and buried.

STOP BLOODY VOTING FOR THESE LOOSERS!

Old 02-24-19, 09:09 AM   #9217
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Benefits of a Brexit from a libertarian point of view (= horrors of a Brexit from an EUrocratic point of view).

https://mises.org/wire/benefits-brexit

I stick to it, the EU should be destroyed, and every step helping in that is welcome to me, no matter who it is contributing to this cause. The danger emmitted by the EU already is too monumental and too threatening by now as if one can afford to be choosey anymore. This does not automatically make the enemy of my enemy my friend. It only makes him a tool I do not hold back from doing what it does - helping in the destruction of the EU.

Before it destroys us and everything our ancestors have bitterly fought and suffered for. And that was not just meaningless profanities like not needing to change your money when crossing borders for holiday.

Though I must admit that the second arugment given in that essay, liberty from illiberal values, is being eroded everywhere nowadays and not just in the EU, the pressure to agree to "consensus" equals totalitarian uniformity and prevents debate and discussion and disagreement, political correctness no longer just threatens to sanction divergent opinions, but already actively suppresses and defames them. Nudging, reframing, "cinvincing" - its all harmless sounding words meaning to prevent people from thinking of their own and opposing the will of the parasytical elitist regime at the top.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-24-19 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-24-19, 09:54 AM   #9218
STEED
Lucky Jack

I hear on the news that usless PM May has kicked the can down the road yet again. The vote has been put back to March 12th, place your bets she still has a few more days to kick the can down the road one more time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47348610

Last edited by STEED; 02-24-19 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-24-19, 09:58 AM   #9219
Georg Lassen
Mate

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Benefits of a Brexit from a libertarian point of view (= horrors of a Brexit from an EUrocratic point of view).

https://mises.org/wire/benefits-brexit

I stick to it, the EU should be destroyed, and every step helping in that is welcome to me, no matter who it is contributing to this cause. The danger emmitted by the EU already is too monumental and too threatening by now as if one can afford to be choosey anymore. This does not automatically make the enemy of my enemy my friend. It only makes him a tool I do not hold back from doing what it does - helping in the destruction of the EU.

Before it destroys us and everything our ancestors have bitterly fought and suffered for. And that was not just meaningless profanities like not needing to change your money when crossing borders for holiday.

Though I must admit that the second arugment given in that essay, liberty from illiberal values, is being eroded everywhere nowadays and not just in the EU, the pressure to agree to "consensus" equals totalitarian uniformity and prevents debate and discussion and disagreement, political correctness no longer just threatens to sanction divergent opinions, but already actively suppresses and defames them. Nudging, reframing, "cinvincing" - its all harmless sounding words meaning to prevent people from thinking of their own and opposing the will of the parasytical elitist regime at the top.

Well stated, a federal superstate EU will lead to war in Europe, or several.
Old 02-24-19, 10:43 AM   #9220
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georg Lassen View Post
Well stated, a federal superstate EU will lead to war in Europe, or several.
Do you seriously believe that?

Old 02-24-19, 11:36 AM   #9221
Skybird
Soaring

A continental superstate in the first will mean

1. centralism,
2. planned economy,
3. dictatorship,
4. one-party-rule with only alibi-diversity polishing the shine on the surface,
5. nightmare levels of corruption,
6. blossoming nepotism,
7. massive, though hidden expropriation and financial abuse of the masses,

and finally (and hopefully!!):

8. unrest, uprise and civil war to destroy this order.

Needless to say: such totalitarianism always means that the individual means nothing and will get sacrificed unscrupolously for the claimed cause of the collective and namely: the state and its claimed state'S reason.

Those being in power then, already today see themselves and act as if they were a new aristocratric superclass that ownes people and is so to speak: God-wanted to rule so that even votings against them must not be respected by them. Often prominent names even shamlessly frankly admit that they intend to bypass rules and not obey laws and treaties, if they see fit. There never was a public uproar over any such statements so far. The brainwashing of the regime seems to work remarkably well already. Framing, and relentless propagandistic bombardement in all mainstream media - do work, and function well.

I prefer to follow LaoTse and getting the evil dealt with while it still is small. Well, not so small anymore, I fear, but maybe smaller than the 7.point description I just gave above.

Though the next wave of demons already assemble at the exit gates of hell:
https://translate.google.de/translat...fonds_der_welt

The author was formerly a freedom activist in the GDR and one of the most proiminent public faces of the active movement in the GDR that brought down the regime. Only to get the even bigger mess there now is.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-24-19 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-24-19, 01:08 PM   #9222
STEED
Lucky Jack

Some one please get this morron of a PM out now, she is determin to carry out her way the crap way. I got £10 up for grabs for anyone whom can stop this self destructive morron hell bent in bringing this country down.

Old 02-24-19, 01:20 PM   #9223
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Really, when i read the posts of some it is hard to argue. Why, even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
blah EU superstate blah:
1. centralism,
2. planned economy,
3. dictatorship,
4. one-party-rule with only alibi-diversity polishing the shine on the surface,
5. nightmare levels of corruption,
6. blossoming nepotism,
7. massive, though hidden expropriation and financial abuse of the masses,

and finally (and hopefully!!):

8. unrest, uprise and civil war to destroy this order. [...].
What hyperbolic claptrap. Did you read The Sun or the Express lately?
Corruption by lobbies from national governments trying to get advantages for their respective country, lobbyists from companies? Yes! This is called free market economy! Every bloody company has always tried to get advantages by whatever means. Not much to do with a central superstate, eh?
Where is your 'planned economy' ? Bullsh.!
'Dictatorship' Bullsh.! You have no idea what a dictatorship is!
'One party rule'
That the EU is more than a trade organisation is perfectly clear when it comes to certain values, of course! And this is a good thing!

A bit detached from reality, are you?
We will just see what happens, and we can talk in five years from here, after your promised downfall of the EU. Small hint: Won't happen.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-24-19, 01:34 PM   #9224
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Really, when i read the posts of some it is hard to argue. Why, even.

What hyperbolic claptrap. Did you read The Sun or the Express lately?
Corruption by lobbies from national governments trying to get advantages for their respective country, lobbyists from companies? Yes! This is called free market economy! Every bloody company has always tried to get advantages by whatever means. Not much to do with a central superstate, eh?
Where is your 'planned economy' ? Bullsh.!
'Dictatorship' Bullsh.! You have no idea what a dictatorship is!
'One party rule'
That the EU is more than a trade organisation is perfectly clear when it comes to certain values, of course! And this is a good thing!

A bit detached from reality, are you?
We will just see what happens, and we can talk in five years from here, after your promised downfall of the EU. Small hint: Won't happen.
Reality denial par exellence.

Its not the future - its already the reality around us. I just described it having gotten even worse in the near future.

Self-chosen blindness and closing both eyes may provide you with the illusion that reality cannot reach you, that the consequences of the present status are only "future" that cannot turn "present". Prepare to get suprised. Soon.
Old 02-24-19, 04:26 PM   #9225
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ And Lassen and you forgot the laws being forced up on the UK by the EU! And the unelected bureaucrats! And the rest of this dumb claptrap Farage and his idiot friends like Rupert Murdoch and Arron Banks try to perpetrate to what they call the dumb masses.

So you are told that 80% of your laws are imposed by unelected foreign bureaucracy, you hear that the EU costs the UK millions of pounds per day for the privilege, the EU is a dictatorship run by one party (lmao), makes plans for the economy like the soviet union did, and you are getting apoplectic.

Certain politicians and several newspapers repeat this claptrap and lies again and again to the British people. And they believe it! And it is a load of nonsense!

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics