SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-03-19, 04:23 PM   #1
GROSSMAN
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Bugs

I have problems during campaigns where my sub will get stuck with rudder hard right, or my propulsion goes to 33 knots as soon as contact is made and when I try to slow down it goes right back up to 33 kts. It usually occurs when I get damage in a scenario. It does not offer repair option when I go back to port or whjen I take over a new sub. I have verified the game files over and over again and reinstalled the game any suggestions ?
GROSSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-19, 01:49 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

GROSSMAN!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-19, 08:22 AM   #3
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Downloads: 18

My speed issues have been limited some slow forward or backward movement when set to all stop - intermittent and only occasionally

I've also encountered an occasional slow but steady sinking when planes and ballast are set to 0 - no damage.

Exiting CW and restarting the game seems to solves the problem until next time.
CDR DPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-19, 02:24 PM   #4
Geoff then
Gunner

Downloads: 63

Could not find a bug-report-thread, so I just go with this one:

Today I encountered a November and some missile sub east of denmark strait (1968 campaign)
And after I sunk the missile sub (forgot the callsign) and sending a fish towards the November, it maneuvered under an iceberg and got stuck with flank engine setting (it pushed itself right into the iceberg). After the fish hit they went for blow ballast and bounced into the iceberg again until it hit the surface on the other side. The bow was sticking out of the water and the rest was underwater with an angle of about 30°, yet it was producing its maximum speed of 26 knots. After sending another fish towards it and the following maneuvers from the november, it hit the iceberg 2 times with full 26 knots, and did not take any damage of it. So the collision system might not work 100% for enemies maybe? Although with that heavy damage, causing the ship to be at a 30° angle, it should not be able to produce 26 knots, right?

I know these are only minor faults, but I thought I should report them anyway.
I truly love this game, it has very cool mechanics.
Still wish there would be a framelimiter though

happy new year btw