Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 10-26-07, 04:34 PM   #1
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Default IL-2 trks. WTF

OK why does IL-2 do this?
I haad a really good second mission in Kobras over DonBass.

Took off and intercepted a flight of German bombers. Turned out I shot down 3, that 37mm cannon is great. Long range shots too to avoid return fire.

I land and exit and before I finish I choose save track.

I then go back to watch the track and the mission turns out nothing how I flew it. My plane was shooting into thin air now where near targets. I got hit several times including my engine on fire and then I crash.

In the mission I flew I got one little hit in the fuel tank and landed at a deserted air field before my gas ran out.

This isnt the first time I have seen IL-2 do this with tracks. It's as if it only recorder where you flew but then the AI take over and you get a different outcome. So why?
Old 10-27-07, 07:12 PM   #2
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

@ xabba..
There are two types of track file:

1. The file saved when using the "Save Track" button at the debrief screen after an offline mission is a .trk file. It records the starting conditions (basically the mission file) and the player's control inputs. For accurate playback it relies on the control inputs being played back with exactly the same timing as they were recorded and the aircraft responding in the same way. Any small change in timing or response will mess up the results for the rest of the playback. Things that can cause timing errors are marginal PC performance and using time compression or pause. Patch files almost always include flight model tweaks which will change the aircraft's response to the inputs recorded under a previous patch version.

2. Files recorded using the "Start/Stop quick save" keyboard control or the "Start recording" button in the ESC menu are .ntrk files. In addition to mission start conditions, they record damage, location, speed and attitude information for all objects in the mission throughout the entire mission. This results in a much larger file than the .trk format, but almost entirely eliminates gross variations from the original recorded events. You will still see shots "missing" their target by a small margin, but as damage is also recorded the target that was damaged in the original will still suffer damage in the playback.

I copied this from an old Il2 thread somewhere because i had similar probs some time ago... so i tend to use my assigned quick record tab now i set it with the letter 'Q' and never experienced messed up tracks after that (insert fingers crossed)
hope this solves your probs m8

Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-07, 08:34 PM   #3
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

Figured something like that