SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-11-18, 03:29 AM   #16
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi R
Quote:
I have noticed that when it asked: "Are you sure you want to launch this program" it say's "PUBLISHER UNKNOWN" I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.
No it does not.

When there is no certified signature as in this instance then you are given a warning option to abort or proceed as in, "To run anyway"
With a certified signature it will usually automatically install.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-18, 05:51 PM   #17
Razoorback22
Swabbie

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I shudder to think about a Windows re-install, unless you've got a slip-treamed copy with all of the updates. I used to think Win7 re-installs were bad, but MS turned the heat up to solar-intensity from a 10 mile distance... I would avoid that. Steam isn't exactly the easiest thing to re-install either, and if you do that, Steam ~has~ to go in the Program Files directories. Once it's installed though, you do want to 'Manage' your game Library, and put that in a directory that is not 'protected' by Windows, which includes the User folders, Program Files folders, and the whole Windows folder structure, among others. Once you have Steam installed, and prior to installing any games, use the Steam desktop app on your computer (not online) to create a folder for your games. Then choose that folder for the download / install...

Hello! I do apologize for my late response. I have not reinstalled windows 10 BUT I bought SH5 Enjoying it at the moment.
Still SH4 won't run at all..
Razoorback22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-18, 10:03 PM   #18
Razoorback22
Swabbie

Default Ahoy! UPDATE

Hello skippers!

After playing with sh5 for a good amount of time, I missed SH4.

So I re installed Windows 10 pro.

Then installed my GPU drivers, then downloaded SH4.

IT WORKS!!!
Also I did not put Steam or SH4 into the X86 Directory. It is working.

Thank y'all for the help!

o7
Old 10-30-18, 04:50 AM   #19
Dsrv Command
Swabbie

Downloads: 15
radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoorback22 View Post
After being up for 5 hours last night, messing with files. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Did the Direcx9 as has been suggested. It's still the same!

Unless someone wants to remotely take over my PC, I have no clue on what else to do. I am in contact with Ubisoft support at the moment and can update on a hopefully good outcome.

Sorry guys this nuke can work on reactors but not figure out how to fix a 10-year-old game

P.S
Thank you all for trying to help me!
Greetings,

After years of playing SH4 I've installed the game on my new Windows 10. It didn't run. After hours of checking out of several different set ups, I've managed to run it. The only thing I've done was installation of the "original" DirectX 9c (provided with the game on CD) and it all worked!

Good hunting, Sir.

- Christopher Columbus

Dsrv Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-18, 11:16 PM   #20
Razoorback22
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsrv Command View Post
Greetings,

After years of playing SH4 I've installed the game on my new Windows 10. It didn't run. After hours of checking out of several different set ups, I've managed to run it. The only thing I've done was installation of the "original" DirectX 9c (provided with the game on CD) and it all worked!

Good hunting, Sir.

Nice man! good hunting skipper!