SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-02-17, 11:59 AM   #31
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Bubbles you get all this, done ????

then go to UPC Units make a new folder and copy and paste the porpoise file inside new folder and rename,, to UnitParts9NSSPT_109 <---unit numbers are important

then open file and Edit this so it looks likes this

[UnitPart 1]
ID= NSS_PT_109
Type= NSS_PT_109ConningTower
NameDisplayable= NSS_PT_109 MTB
UnitPartInterval=NULL, NULL
ExternalLinkName3D= data/objects/Conning_PT109_01
HullTextureNameOverride=data/Submarine/NSS_PT1_09/NSS_PT_109class_T01.tga
HullLightmapTextureNameOverride=data/Submarine/NSS_PT_109/NSS_PT_109_O01.tga
HullNormalmapTextureNameOverride= NULL
MenuSilhouetteTextureNameOverride=NSS_PT_109_Class _01.tga

then remove it and place it back in UPCUnits folder that should do it
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-17, 04:01 PM   #32
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post

then go to UPC Units make a new folder and copy and paste the porpoise file inside new folder and rename,, to UnitParts9NSSPT_109 <---unit numbers are important

[UnitPart 1]
ID= NSS_PT_109

No yet, have not had a chance to mess with Sh4 today. I will when home later.

Hopefully this will work. I mean I can get other surface vessels such as Fletcher to work in campaign.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-17, 04:06 PM   #33
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
go to post 22 try adding this as shown ; NSSPT109 that's my best guess unless your file doesn't show other units like this,, then you are going to have to back track every thing I put up , I'm sorry you are having trouble ,, It might be the base you are trying to run out of ,, I tried making another base that didn't work out,, and also tried to make the pt. that you see in the museum I hate those 20 mm tubs and that didn't pan out either,, at least I got the 40 off the bow that looked hideous and it will fly in a campaign I really didn't think I was going to pull that off.

I really like your PT , it's a blast to patrol with, you did a great job. May need some tweaks to work better in TMO RSRD.

I was thinking since cant use the spotlight, perhaps put twin .50 machine guns there in place? We have a subsimmer working on AI daihatsu landing craft, model looks great., will make for a lot of fun.

Trouble is getting a working radar for it. I tried adding SJ radar and had this large goofy looking mast and it stuck out horizontally to port lol.
Old 08-02-17, 04:18 PM   #34
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:

[UnitPart 1]
ID= NSS_PT_109

Ah didnt work, still CTD. It's beyond me. Tried comparing to other surface vessels had no issues getting to work in campaign, such as Fletcher DD. I dont get why it works in single missions but not campaign, esp when I seem to have the flotilla and career start issues solved. Only CTD's after all is set and click start.

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 08-02-17 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-02-17, 05:26 PM   #35
yubba
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
No yet, have not had a chance to mess with Sh4 today. I will when home later.

Hopefully this will work. I mean I can get other surface vessels such as Fletcher to work in campaign.

It might not like your mod soup.,,mine is stock 1.4 bits and pieces of RFB thrown in Claytons optics,, no trembling ,, websters smoke,, otc 1.4_for 5to3 aspect ratio
Old 08-02-17, 05:27 PM   #36
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
It might not like your mod soup.,,mine is stock 1.4 bits and pieces of RFB thrown in Claytons optics,, no trembling ,, websters smoke,, otc 1.4_for 5to3 aspect ratio

Running 1.5 with TMO and RSRD. Nothing can see conflicts. The mod was made with 1.4? Perhaps someone can get it to work in 1.5? Disappointing. Definitely would like to do a PT campaign.
Old 08-02-17, 06:17 PM   #37
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

Just to be sure: Which PT109 are you using? The one Digital_Trucker & sqk7744 were building, and (I believe) is the one Yubba is using? The one Bismarck1011 uploaded is the same boat.

I assume you are using the USS_PT_Alpha. Here is your post in their thread, which is after the two modders went inactive on the mod:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...35#post1178035

go to the next page for where Yubba comes in. Of major interest is aanker on that Page 11 with his post combining notes on the boat - it just so happens to currently be the last post in the thread...

Now, all of the calls for the boat have NSS_PT_109. Here's a portion of the upc file:

[UserPlayerUnit 1]
ID=NSS_PT_109
NameDisplayable=NSS_PT_109 MTB
UnitName= SS-PT-109
Type=NSS_PT_109
UpgradeClass=2
UnitInterval= 1941-12-01, 1945-12-31
ExternalClassName=SSPT109

So, unless you've edited the files, your CareerStart and Flotillas files have to match. s7rikeback has it working in FotRSU, which is v1.5 UBoats, and since it's a Type=200, should work fine. The only issue might be with guns... I'll noodle some with it later on tonight.

- Forgot to ask: Your TMO / RSRDC just has additions, correct? No changes to "calls" for Type= or Class=, correct?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-02-17 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Oh!!!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-17, 07:04 PM   #38
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Just to be sure: Which PT109 are you using? The one Digital_Trucker & sqk7744 were building, and (I believe) is the one Yubba is using? The one Bismarck1011 uploaded is the same boat.

I assume you are using the USS_PT_Alpha. Here is your post in their thread, which is after the two modders went inactive on the mod:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...35#post1178035

go to the next page for where Yubba comes in. Of major interest is aanker on that Page 11 with his post combining notes on the boat - it just so happens to currently be the last post in the thread...

Now, all of the calls for the boat have NSS_PT_109. Here's a portion of the upc file:

[UserPlayerUnit 1]
ID=NSS_PT_109
NameDisplayable=NSS_PT_109 MTB
UnitName= SS-PT-109
Type=NSS_PT_109
UpgradeClass=2
UnitInterval= 1941-12-01, 1945-12-31
ExternalClassName=SSPT109

So, unless you've edited the files, your CareerStart and Flotillas files have to match. s7rikeback has it working in FotRSU, which is v1.5 UBoats, and since it's a Type=200, should work fine. The only issue might be with guns... I'll noodle some with it later on tonight.

- Forgot to ask: Your TMO / RSRDC just has additions, correct? No changes to "calls" for Type= or Class=, correct?

This is the one I am using

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4476

I have changed some calls in my ship pack for RSRD but the PT109 is classified as Type 200, submarine, so player can use it. That has not changed.
Old 08-02-17, 08:50 PM   #39
propbeanie

Well, that is basically the same mod. I just WinMerged 'em, and they have everything the same... I gotta leave and go pickup my B-I-L at the airport, so maybe about midnight eastern time, I might get to start looking at what I'd done earlier...

Old 08-02-17, 09:31 PM   #40
yubba
Admiral

Default History of Our PT.. 109

Some one made it well over 8 years back,,, I'm a freak about PTs so I had to have it,, when I got it the torps didn't work ,,it took,, on and off a couple of months to figure it out,,, and I changed the deck gun to a twin 40 in the rear to rid the single on the bow,, I passed along how to get the torps to work a year or 2 back .. Bismarck put it together for down load ,, it could use some tweaks ,, like another couple of souls on deck watch when not at battle stations and do something with those 20mm tubs,, and it did take forever to figure out how to make it campaign playable,. There was a PT contest thread started acouple of years ago to bad we can't get some of those models finished.

Thanks go out to the modders that I can't recall their names that built her ,, and hope you all enjoy ,, happy hunting PT Style.
Old 08-02-17, 11:02 PM   #41
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Well, that is basically the same mod. I just WinMerged 'em, and they have everything the same... I gotta leave and go pickup my B-I-L at the airport, so maybe about midnight eastern time, I might get to start looking at what I'd done earlier...

Awesome. I'm trying to review everything as well, perhaps it'll get figured out, would be a nice addition to campaign.
Old 08-02-17, 11:13 PM   #42
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Some one made it well over 8 years back,,, I'm a freak about PTs so I had to have it,, when I got it the torps didn't work ,,it took,, on and off a couple of months to figure it out,,, and I changed the deck gun to a twin 40 in the rear to rid the single on the bow,, I passed along how to get the torps to work a year or 2 back .. Bismarck put it together for down load ,, it could use some tweaks ,, like another couple of souls on deck watch when not at battle stations and do something with those 20mm tubs,, and it did take forever to figure out how to make it campaign playable,. There was a PT contest thread started acouple of years ago to bad we can't get some of those models finished.

Thanks go out to the modders that I can't recall their names that built her ,, and hope you all enjoy ,, happy hunting PT Style.

You did great work on it Yubba, really enjoy it in single missions. I am a bit of PT boat nut myself but have never found a decent PT boat simulation, and can see it in a campaign being really enjoyable in SH 4. RSRD has excellent traffic in Solomons simulating the Tokyo Express, I've added a lot of the smaller inner island traffic and we have an AI Daihatsu landing craft coming soon, so could have some really interesting and intense battles. The torpedoes work well. I changed the Mark 10 to Mark 8 torpedo specs and Mark 23 to Mark 13 which PT's used in later war, they work well with the PT.

I love how the 40 MM's act as AI deck guns, how did you do that? I've been wanting to do that for submarines as well.

Once get past his hurdle of making it work in TMO RSRD, I plan to make a campaign focusing initially on start of war in the Philippines and operating in the Solomons begn Oct 1942, as from what I read is when they arrived at Tulagi. Eventually would like to cover the entire war.

A huge part of the work is done, the traffic is there between RSRD and the traffic I've added, plenty to interdict. For flotillas, can change the bases in the Brisbane Flotilla to Tulagi, Bougainville, etc add bases in New Guinea. Just a lot of potential.

Surface radar is needed but sure can be done eventually.
Old 08-03-17, 12:30 AM   #43
propbeanie

I just remembered Bubblehead1980, after crashing my own game when choosing Brisbane, is that the boats ~HAVE~ to be in order... so if you start an early 1942 career at Brisbane, and make the PT109 boat #3 in the flotilla, it ~stays~ boat #3 throughout the rest of the game. So you'll have to renumber ~everything~ in the Brisbane flotilla, because the other boats come into the game later.

But I do have it working in the Campaign out of Manila no prob... dunno what'll happen in a few weeks with the transfer, but I might try to find out... The only thing for me, is I'm completely missing the torp stores... I have none. I've got a torpedo room, I've got a crew, I've got a damage control team, etc... but no actual Mark IV or 10's or whatever they're supposed to be - which might be my problem...

Old 08-03-17, 02:11 AM   #44
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
I just remembered Bubblehead1980, after crashing my own game when choosing Brisbane, is that the boats ~HAVE~ to be in order... so if you start an early 1942 career at Brisbane, and make the PT109 boat #3 in the flotilla, it ~stays~ boat #3 throughout the rest of the game. So you'll have to renumber ~everything~ in the Brisbane flotilla, because the other boats come into the game later.

But I do have it working in the Campaign out of Manila no prob... dunno what'll happen in a few weeks with the transfer, but I might try to find out... The only thing for me, is I'm completely missing the torp stores... I have none. I've got a torpedo room, I've got a crew, I've got a damage control team, etc... but no actual Mark IV or 10's or whatever they're supposed to be - which might be my problem...

Would you mind showing an example of what you did? Hmm I have the torpedos solved i think . I changed the type used in the .sim file, they were set to a german torpedo, to the Mark 10, I have changed the Mark 10 to Mark 8 Specs and it shows up renamed, just need to edit the notes and data.. Mark 23 to Mark 13, which PT's used later in war, also went ahead and changed the Mark 14 to Mark 15 specs and Mark 16 to Mark 17. Works well in single missions. Ill upload or email mod if youd like.
Old 08-03-17, 08:18 AM   #45
propbeanie

I'm not on my computer right now, but will be about 12N Eastern, and I'll copy what I did for the Manila start. As for the torpedoes, I forgot about you guys mentioning the German torps before, and I made my torp room with the incorrect gear... Back to the drawing board for that...