Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-12-18, 07:23 PM   #1
poopsmith
Nub

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0
Default [TWOS] Where is the stadimeter?

So I've been looking around for half an hour now, trying to find any way to access the stadimeter. Everything about the mod seems to work fine, except there's no button for the stadimeter above the range dial, as all youtube videos would have me believe.

I'm running in 21:9, so maybe it's hidden off screen somewhere or something? I just don't know. Appreciate any help. And a hotkey for it would be great. Thanks!
poopsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 12:06 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

poopsmith!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 02:21 AM   #3
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopsmith View Post
So I've been looking around for half an hour now, trying to find any way to access the stadimeter. Everything about the mod seems to work fine, except there's no button for the stadimeter above the range dial, as all youtube videos would have me believe.

I'm running in 21:9, so maybe it's hidden off screen somewhere or something? I just don't know. Appreciate any help. And a hotkey for it would be great. Thanks!
There is no stadimeter button in obs scope view but have you tried attack scope or UZO? No?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 04:07 AM   #4
poopsmith
Nub

Well yes, I've tried all of them. Also, not sure if that should be the case, but I don't have the TDC dials on the UZO, but only the vanilla torpedo controls. Maybe makes sense since I wouldn't have a TDC in reach, but I would probably be able to yell at a gunner below to enter the values.

Edit:

I found this code in "Page TDC.py":

def EnsureStadimeterButtonVisible( value ):
tdcison = ( GetTDCIsOn() or GetSextantActive() ) and value

When I change it to

tdcison = value

then I see the stadimeter button, but nothing happens if I click it. So I think my TDC is not on. But I have no idea how to activate the TDC. I only know how to switch between auto (following periscope) and manual. When I tried following the manual TDC tutorial, it asks you to turn on the TDC to continue, but just highlights an empty area on the screen for me, so I never managed to get past that step. I assumed the tutorial was just outdated and that the TDC is always on in the latest version of TWOS. Any ideas how to turn on the TDC?

Last edited by poopsmith; 08-13-18 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-13-18, 05:25 AM   #5
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > poopsmith
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 06:00 AM   #6
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:

Well yes, I've tried all of them. Also, not sure if that should be the case, but I don't have the TDC dials on the UZO, but only the vanilla torpedo controls. Maybe makes sense since I wouldn't have a TDC in reach, but I would probably be able to yell at a gunner below to enter the values.

Edit:

When I change it to

tdcison = value

then I see the stadimeter button, but nothing happens if I click it. So I think my TDC is not on. But I have no idea how to activate the TDC. I only know how to switch between auto (following periscope) and manual. When I tried following the manual TDC tutorial, it asks you to turn on the TDC to continue, but just highlights an empty area on the screen for me, so I never managed to get past that step. I assumed the tutorial was just outdated and that the TDC is always on in the latest version of TWOS. Any ideas how to turn on the TDC?
Can't follow you you mate. If you wish proper help, you'll have to create proper problem report with all necessary information. The link is my signature.
Cheers!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 10:21 AM   #7
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Quote:

Edit:

When I change it to

tdcison = value

Hi Poopsmith
Can post screenshot of your " problem "?
Maybe this can help

Last edited by hauangua; 08-13-18 at 10:42 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 11:10 AM   #8
poopsmith
Nub

Sure,

https://imgur.com/a/TM4ErPm

That's the Manual TDC 90deg tutorial mission.
Here you can see the red circles where things seem to be missing. I can't get past that part because I cannot activate my TDC.

The function

Code:
inside Silent Hunter 5/data/Scripts/Menu/Page TDC.py

determines whether or not the Stadimeter button should be visible. By default it is basically visible if GetTDCIsOn() or GetSextantActive() returns true.

The change I did forces it to think that those are true, when they might not be. Since it was visible when I did that and I wasn't using the sextant it must mean that GetTDCIsOn() returned false before, and my change to set it to true is what made the stadimeter button become visible. However, just because the stadimeter button thinks that GetTDCIsOn() is true now, doesn't mean that it is, so clicking it does nothing, because it requires the TDC to work, which is why it did that check in the first place.

So my TDC isn't active.
Old 08-13-18, 03:18 PM   #9
poopsmith
Nub

Well ignore me guys, I feel really stupid now. It seems the game had reset all my gameplay settings without me knowing it, so I was using automatic targeting all this time.

Anyway, seems to work now! Time to sink some ships!
Old 08-14-18, 06:10 AM   #10
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

I'm *not* playing Real Navigation so this may not apply to you, but:

In the OFEV, I have set the last XOTDC value to 'false' so I can switch freely from Manual TDC to Auto TDC.

Once in manual TDC the display of WO will change so you can click on the various values in the pop-up WO window. For transmitting values to the Stadimeter, it's an icon placed on the lower right of the rec manual. You must fire-up the rec manual by using a shortcut key for the maps (or use an icon on the right in the icon group) then, drag it to the display center because the first time it will be 'hidden' on the very left on the screen (you may not see it with your resolution !).
After using this icon on the rec manual, data is transmitted to TDC and IIRC you get to see the stadimeter by clicking on the range in the WO window. Then you can adjust the range according to the ship's mast high.

All this is when NOT using Real Navigation. In RL I have no idea how this changes, the procedure may be totally different.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 08-14-18 at 06:22 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote