SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-17, 04:43 AM   #1
JesterV2
A-ganger

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 4
Default HNLMS Zwaardvis Submarine Mod

Hello guys!

I'm back after a long time, due to personal **** and a harddrive crash i havent been able to be active on this forum, but here i am again,bringing you the Zwaardvis, a Dutch submarine of the Zwaardvis Class.

Quote:
The Zwaardvis-class submarine (Dutch: "Swordfish") is a conventional attack submarine that replaced the Dolfijn class in the Royal Netherlands Navy. Zwaardvis is based on the U.S. Navy Barbel class with the teardrop hull design. In September 1981 the Republic of China (Taiwan) ordered two modified Zwaardvis-class submarines, the Chien Lung/Hai Lung class. In 1992 a repeat order for another 4 boats was turned down by the Netherlands government because of pressure from the People's Republic of China. The two Dutch boats have been replaced by the Walrus class.

The two decommissioned Dutch boats, Zwaardvis and Tijgerhaai, were loaded onto a ship and transported to PSC-Naval Dockyard, Lumut, Malaysia in anticipation of purchase by the Malaysian Navy in 1997. However, the Malaysian Navy declined the offer and chose the French Scorpène class instead. The two boats are still in Lumut awaiting a buyer and possible refurbishment.

Changelog
-----------
Version 1.0
<no changelog for first version>

Terms of use
------------
- This model is free and anyone downloading and using it should not obtain any kind of material advantages from it.
- You are free to host this mod, reference it or post links leading to it.
- If you want to use it in one of your mods, feel free to do it, and notify me.
- If you want to modify the model and/or use parts from it into other projects of yours, feel free to do that, but credit me for the orriginal work (and notify me, please!).

I hope to bring you more mods to enjoy, and its an honour to contribute to this great community!

Feel free to criticise and point me to possible improvements, I'm here to learn!

Download:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5305

JesterV2 is offline   Reply With Quote