SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-06-05, 10:10 PM   #61
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Well, I'm sure you guys know this, but I have found that you can use a script with the EnterSolution command on the target platform and then follow that command with an engage script, and it works beautifully!

Now we just need to find a way to get the SSGN to launch more missiles and it's all good!

I'll start looking at some database things... now it looks like the SSGN's will fire a salvo of four. I'll see if I can get them to fire more missiles by simply increasing the targets, but I'll probably have to make some simple database changes, and maybe a doctrine edit, but hopefully not, and we can get SSGN's launching salvoes at long distance!
Old 11-06-05, 10:26 PM   #62
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Yes, it looks like we are going to have to do a combined database/doctrine edit for this one, but it should be possible to make a salvo doctrine for the SSGN's.

And if you didn't know how to make them fire at targets at long range with scripts, now you do!
Old 11-06-05, 11:53 PM   #63
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Hmm... it seems this script combination doesn't always work, sometimes the solution gets dropped, even if it is marked "persistent."

We'll see what we can do about this in doctrine and developing some scripting parameters for you to work with.

If any of you have found a reliable way of doing this, that would help us a lot!
Old 11-07-05, 07:21 AM   #64
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf
Well, I'm sure you guys know this, but I have found that you can use a script with the EnterSolution command on the target platform and then follow that command with an engage script, and it works beautifully!
I didn't know that! I've been 'forcing' it by creating a UAV to give the targeting info, then removing it (hopefully before the player notices!)
Old 11-07-05, 08:04 AM   #65
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

It works sometimes, but not always... we are looking at some doctrine solutions they may help the scripts work (some times they drop the track before they fire).
Old 11-07-05, 10:03 AM   #66
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nichols
Quote:
I didn't know that! I've been 'forcing' it by creating a UAV to give the targeting info, then removing it (hopefully before the player notices!)
Too late!
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-05, 03:59 PM   #67
OKO
Commander

Downloads: 62

Engage script don't need any Entersolution to work
If you ask an AI platform to engage another one, the platform will immediatly receive the position of the target.

To see it just test this :
put a sub in deep water, and an Orion in the air, more than 25 miles away, and another helo (will be you) just here to check the experience
Use a destination trigger for the Orion, with Engage script on the sub
As soon as the trigger is fired, the sub will appear on the link

This prove the Engage script doesn't need at all Entersolution script.
OKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-05, 04:46 PM   #68
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220

Sacre Bleu !! Who will give us a Mission Designers guide, of Tacman quality, to steer us through the c**p
of triggers and scripts'. Its a Sargossa Sea of turgidity and a miasma of complexity.

Iif experts cant agree what hope have we lesser mortals ? :hmm:

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-05, 06:40 PM   #69
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Ah, OKO, you are right!

With a linking platform, like an E-3, the Oscars will maintain their tracks and engage all the time!

The only things that have to be worked on then are the salvo size! Right now they fire about three-five salvoes of four at a time. If you put three Oscars together, that's A LOT of firepower.

Although, with the new AEGIS engagement parameters, a single Oscar can't even get a single hit on an Arleigh Burke DDG...

This should be so much easier now!
Old 11-07-05, 08:07 PM   #70
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Well guess what! :hmm:

Oscars WILL salvo more than four missiles at a time... in fact, with a good link contact on multiple targets, they will salvo four missiles PER TARGET. I just got an Oscar SSGN to fire basically all of its missiles at one time in two long salvoes, with a slight break, at a stick of four vessels.

BUT!!! If you have two Oscars stalking the convoy, only the closest one will fire! I'm working on trying to figure this out. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Old 11-07-05, 08:12 PM   #71
FERdeBOER
XO

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 1

Quote:
The only things that have to be worked on then are the salvo size! Right now they fire about three-five salvoes of four at a time. If you put three Oscars together, that's A LOT of firepower.
I think that's the idea of an Oscar, isn't it? You need a lot of firepower to overhelm the carrier group defenses and try to sink the carrier... :hmm:

It's great to know how to make "sure" engages. Thanks!
Old 11-07-05, 08:34 PM   #72
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Yes, I'm trying to get them to fire as many missiles as possible at Carrier groups and SAG's.

I've started a new thread, as I think this is a worthwhile topic.
Old 11-11-05, 03:41 AM   #73
OKO
Commander

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe
The SS-N-27 is more dangerous now, too....

hmmm Molon, considering the new seeker perf of them, I think they are really less dangerous, even if more accurate (but I used a board very accurate to launch them)

I could say, with a Seawolf at 2000ft and even with the 688i at 1500, SS-N-27 is not a very dangerous thing.
I wasn't hit by one of them from the date I installed LWAMI.
I saw them falling quite close, but was never locked, because I was too deep for them.
But I must admit I didn't met so much Akula driver ....
Of course, things are different if you are close to surface ...

And with the range modification on ASW missiles, this is true that AI are WAY more accurate than before ! Subs and surface ship with SUBROC.
be detected by a Spruance in an Akula, and you will feel it very hard !
that's very nice.
OKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-05, 09:04 AM   #74
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe
The SS-N-27 is more dangerous now, too....

hmmm Molon, considering the new seeker perf of them, I think they are really less dangerous, even if more accurate (but I used a board very accurate to launch them)

I could say, with a Seawolf at 2000ft and even with the 688i at 1500, SS-N-27 is not a very dangerous thing.
I wasn't hit by one of them from the date I installed LWAMI.
I saw them falling quite close, but was never locked, because I was too deep for them.
But I must admit I didn't met so much Akula driver ....
Of course, things are different if you are close to surface ...

And with the range modification on ASW missiles, this is true that AI are WAY more accurate than before ! Subs and surface ship with SUBROC.
be detected by a Spruance in an Akula, and you will feel it very hard !
that's very nice.
I was actually talking about the ASM; the matchup between the skimmers and ASMs is something that needs to be taken account in mission design.

The -27 ASW is definitely less powerful now, but then again decoys are less effective, so I'm undecided on the effect on those yet.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-05, 01:45 PM   #75
Mau
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 3

Yes,

Never forget the best platform in this game... of course the OHP!!
And I think and hope that DW is not only an ASW game.
Yes a big part of it.... but let`s not forget the other aspects (after all it is call Dangerous waters)
So thanks to LuftWolf, Molon Labe, Amizaur and OKO who are not forgeting that aspect of the game.

Molon Labe, I will be doing some more test on the SM-2 and try to see clearer on the FCR/CWI issues.
I think it is still playable though
Let me know if you find more stuff

thanks
Mau is offline   Reply With Quote