Or sod you i'am all right jack
Old 03-24-12, 06:49 AM   #17
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpy View Post
Says it all for just about everyone who I know.

Question: Why do many people spend much of their earnings on booze on a weekend?

It's not because of alcoholism, or 'binge drinking culture'... it's because a large percentage of our working population spends long hours in menial jobs, working for bosses who'd fire them as soon as look at them. They have no real chance to put their earnings by for the future or a rainy day, so they go out and enjoy what little of their lives that they can, down the pub with their mates, before they have to go back to work for the next 40-60 hours a week until they're too old to work anymore.

If that's not reason enough to drink a lot, and fight when the opportunity presents itself, I don't know what is.

It's a social and economic issue, like most of britains problems.
Good post and one I echo in the main but with one caveat...binge drinking in towns and city centres is in the main carried out by teens and young people yet the number of unemployed young people is at an unprecedented level.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-24-12, 06:56 AM   #18
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMark View Post
Or sod you i'am all right jack

I hope I can count on your vote BossMark

Old 03-24-12, 07:31 AM   #19
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post

I hope I can count on your vote BossMark
Theres more chance of me becoming a man utd supporter and that's no bloody chance
Old 03-24-12, 07:32 AM   #20
jumpy
Admiral

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Good post and one I echo in the main but with one caveat...binge drinking in towns and city centres is in the main carried out by teens and young people yet the number of unemployed young people is at an unprecedented level.
Was thinking about this. I seems reasonable to me that those young people are simply doing what their folks used to do, but with their own spin to it, driven mainly by the price of booze in pubs... £3 a pint, fo reeeal?
In their turn, these young people have their own dead end backwater existence; in lieu of soul destroying labour, they have seemingly less employment and secure prospects than their parents ever had, all the while seeing the 'elite' of our economic society telling them what they need and ought to have without means to attain. What better way to stave off the demons of uncertainty and penury than by getting loaded?

Perhaps the demographic changes a little, but it's still a social and economic issue.

F e c k less youth? Only because we've made them so. (stupid filter)

when you’ve been so long in the desert, any water, no matter how brackish, looks like life

Old 03-24-12, 08:41 AM   #21
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Up the Revolution, smash the corrupt state.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 03-24-12, 10:33 AM   #22
STEED
Lucky Jack

There is another reason for this binge drinking problem we have, people can not be bothered to act and let the government push them around. Dose not matter who is in power they will continual to push people around, people as in the voter have forgotten this fact...They work for us.

How many people make the effort to write to their MP or even see them? You got to make these MP's work for you by giving them Hell. If the voter can not be bothered to act why should any government care about them?

The drink idea is nothing more than a PA stunt just like this one today..

Quote:
Food and drink companies have promised to cut calories in their products to help tackle obesity in the UK.

The 17 firms, which include Coca-Cola, Subway and Tesco, have signed up to the government scheme.

The Department of Health says England has one of Europe's highest obesity rates and that consuming too many calories is the root of the problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17496660
Nanny State at it again, calorie in take is one thing but it comes down to how much food your eating & how active your are. So the Nanny State wants to take over and the result? Man rushed to hospital after a heart attack bought on by being over weight, he tells the hospital the government is in charge of his weight so why should he do sod all about it then goes on to take the government to court for failing to look after him.

I'm afraid George Orwell has got it right, until the proletarians wake up nothing will change for the better.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 03-24-12, 10:45 AM   #23
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

No Tory git is going try and tell me what I can eat and drink . But I am one those "lucky" type person that know matter how I eat and drink I never seem to put any weight on
Old 03-24-12, 12:40 PM   #24
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMark View Post
I am one those "lucky" type person that know matter how I eat and drink I never seem to put any weight on

Rub it in why don't you

Lucky git.

Old 03-24-12, 04:40 PM   #25
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Just looking at my wife serving mny curry on to my plate gains me half a pound

Old 03-24-12, 07:04 PM   #26
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Sounds like another fuel tanker strike is possible, the government is going to set aside some army drivers, train them to drive tankers and use them if and when it happens. Could be as soon as next month.

Oil not dole?
Old 03-24-12, 07:18 PM   #27
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Aye, we are still in the early stages of the austerity measures and the trenches are being dug...quite frightening really....1926 again?

Old 03-24-12, 09:54 PM   #28
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Aye, we are still in the early stages of the austerity measures and the trenches are being dug...quite frightening really....1926 again?
Maybe the navy will start mutinying next
Old 03-25-12, 03:55 AM   #29
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Oh dear, the Tories have done it again.
Selling foriegn "businessmen" access to Cameron and Osbourne at a handy rate of a £250k "donation" to party funds.
Their defence...Cruddas had only been made deputy treasurer 3 weeks before so didn't know his job.

So is Murdoch getting his own back on the tories after Cameron tried to distance himeslf from all of his and Ruperts mutual friends when the criminal inquiry went ahead into newscorp?

Old 03-25-12, 05:29 AM   #30
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Maybe the navy will start mutinying next
Have we still got a navy left

Tags
british, politics