SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-16-08, 03:43 PM   #31
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force
Now where to get the money.:hmm:
1. buy a red light.
2. find a street corner.
3. Lots of rouge!
4. maybe some chanel #5

5. buy a bottle of penicillin
Old 12-16-08, 03:46 PM   #32
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

I downloaded the demo. I've played it once. So what do you guys think? From the reviews it sounds pretty fun.
Old 12-16-08, 03:51 PM   #33
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

This game is great so far. (sadly Ive only played the demo.) so whats the full games campaign like?:hmm:
Old 12-16-08, 04:16 PM   #34
TheSatyr
Captain

Downloads: 0

Wish I could tell you,but every time I try to play a campaign the game crashes.
TheSatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-08, 04:30 PM   #35
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus
Is there any contact (email) adress for SES? The contacts page over at www.stormeaglestudios.com only gives the postal adress which is of no help. I want to tell SES why I will not buy their game and don't want to register at the gamesquad forums where all their staff seems to hang out regularly.
No, they've pretty much totally insulated themselves from comments from anyone but actual customers. From my understanding, you can't even file a problem unless you have already paid for a license.

Seems like the only way to post your opinion is on GameSquad. Not as though they care about it.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-08, 08:08 PM   #36
rea00cy
Loader

Downloads: 337
Demo activation key

I just downloaded the DEMO and installed. PC rebooted. Never prompted for an email. Game doesn't boot up.Any suggestions?Thanks,Rea00cy
rea00cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-08, 08:40 PM   #37
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Game dosent start? try a reinstall. And if you want a demo license.

Start game, youl get a screen. click Evaluate Jutland. If the game asks about a update. click no. then wait for it to load up, Next look at the right of the screen and click the little question mark, it should ask for your E mail. put in your email and your key should be in your in box. start jutland up agian, and youl get 2 popups. click the X on the first and enter your key in on the second. click the check mark. and its a regestered demo.
Old 12-16-08, 08:43 PM   #38
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee
Quote:
Now where to get the money.:hmm:
1. buy a red light.
2. find a street corner.
3. Lots of rouge!
4. maybe some chanel #5

5. buy a bottle of penicillin
I think Im gona do option #6 Beg mother.:rotfl: (Often works)
Old 12-16-08, 09:26 PM   #39
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman
No, they've pretty much totally insulated themselves from comments from anyone but actual customers. From my understanding, you can't even file a problem unless you have already paid for a license.

Seems like the only way to post your opinion is on GameSquad. Not as though they care about it.
Depending on what the comment is they do care I think!. If you want to contact them you could always use the tech-support system on their site (although again you must register an account, this time with SES direct). I have only used the demo so far and they certainally answered the question that I asked through the system in good time.

If you do register on the forum the best person to speak from SES is Bullethead, I have always found him to be direct and honest and he posseses an encyclopeadic knowledge of naval matters.
Old 12-16-08, 10:01 PM   #40
PeriscopeDepth
Sea Lord

Downloads: 6

Quote:
What makes you think that Herman? Is it Bullethead living in the gamesquad forums and answering 95% of the questions people ask? Or is it the 65+ patches for RJW they put out?

Granted, a certain SES staff member can have his arrogant moments. But all in all SES is second in caring for their customers/product only to AGEOD.

PD
PeriscopeDepth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-08, 02:05 AM   #41
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeriscopeDepth
Granted, a certain SES staff member can have his arrogant moments. But all in all SES is second in caring for their customers/product only to AGEOD.
Perhaps he overshadows everyone and everything else.

Oops, dissent must mean that I'm a Pirate...

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-08, 08:14 PM   #42
Zakalwe
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

Quote:

That`s plain wrong. As a Demo user, you can enter the ticket system with your (registered demo) e-mail adress.

See here:

http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/rea...k/rdlogin.aspx

Z.

btw. Jutland is great fun with even bigger potential. We are suffering some problems in the campaign right now, but within 24 hours a new (the third btw. in 10 days, other companies don`t deliver three patches in a games lifetime) will be out. Top notch service from SES as it was in DG.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-08, 08:19 PM   #43
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Only issue Im having is that my battlecruiser gets its big a** kicked and the British battle cruiser (who looks like swiss cheese) inst even listing. (and Ive hit its aamo locker too/damaged some of its guns.)
Old 12-19-08, 09:03 PM   #44
CaptHawkeye
Weps

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Only issue Im having is that my battlecruiser gets its big a** kicked and the British battle cruiser (who looks like swiss cheese) inst even listing. (and Ive hit its aamo locker too/damaged some of its guns.)
Hits right into a magazine aren't guaranteed to make it blow up. Even in pre-Jutland British with crappy flash fire security. That's honestly what I love about games like this. Their is no "headshot".

Anyway, my first campaign as the Kaiserliche Marine is essentially over. I ambushed Hood's battlecruiser squadron and ruled it. The next morning sure enough Beatty and Jellicoe were on my fleet. My lack of destroyers meant his light ships were able to get close to mine and break the line apart thus ending the HSF. Hipper and Sheer were both killed, though I did managed to kill Beatty and Hood as well. Jellicoe is going to be a lonely man. What did I learn?

A. Keep the Scouting Force and HSF in the same Task Force. Seperating them is just a nonsense way to get one of them killed. You don't really need to use the SF for long range recon anyway since the Zeppelins are way better at it. Though they're still quite usefull for detached pursuit and local scouting.

B. Do not sacrifice your DDs. I had been hoping the promise of light forces meant i'd see more destroyers and cruisers but it did not translate into that. German DDs aren't as good as British DDs so their only real hope is to keep close to the capital ships.

Don't get me wrong, if the enemy presents you with a golden oppurtunity for a torpedo attack, go with it. Just be cautious about it.

C. The British have Armoured Cruisers and you don't. This means the British have an excellent medium vessel that they aren't afraid to use frequently and it can still kick the ass of all your lighter forces. Armoured Cruisers are also surprisingly durable. I think of all the vessels in the game, they are sunk or even heavily damaged the least. Armoured Cruisers are real Jack of All Trades. They're too small and manueverable to be frequently hit by primaries, yet they are too well defended for your light ships to deal with them.

Last edited by CaptHawkeye; 12-19-08 at 09:10 PM.
CaptHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-08, 07:17 PM   #45
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

Much as I like the scope of the game, I can't stand the counter intuitive camera controls, having to move the mouse to the absolute extremes of the screen simply to pan the camera is just stupid from a usability point of view. The keypad controls are similarly obtuse. They should implement the middle mouse drag pan that most games feature these days and perhaps a ctrl+arrow keys as the keyboard equivalent that would be a big improvement.

Last edited by Sonarman; 12-20-08 at 07:18 PM.
Sonarman is offline   Reply With Quote