SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-15-16, 09:41 PM   #151
qiaoyech
Watch

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Reed View Post
I noted that several keybindings were different to what TMO sets them as. Wonder if that's due to OTC, or the updated Interceptor.

As to fixing the battery issue, I suspect you just created another Ability to 'correct' the issue. From what I can see, you've got one crewman with an Ability that basically keeps the fuel from dropping, and another that effectively allows visual contact with ships even submerged. While this method works, it does reduce the number of crew slots I can use for TMO Abilities, though, I probably won't need the TMO Battery Fix guy anymore... Early War any Mk 16s you use get replaced with Mk 14s. I'm fine with it, but I thought I'd point it out, the hydrophones don't seem to work, and the TMO range/bearing rings on the map/attack map are not present on the Interceptor.
0) didn't change the keybinding. I guess it came from the optical correction mod? I did include that file in the mod because of the new special ability icon configs for toolbar menu.

1) yep. that's the fix. And unfortunately it seems to be the only way to get it to work.
2) intentional. If you want to keep using mk16, simply rearm before returning to base. (Think about time-travelling the movie the final countdown )
3) It works. It's just with the guy working as "advanced combat operator" the hydrophone contacts will be visual contact. Stock map icons is recommended. And you should enable "map contact update". In fact, during my gameplay hydrophone range is further than radar for fast moving targets without land obstruction. P.S.: the hydrophones for this boat works both on surface and submerged. This is why you can get visuals with ships much further than visual. (This is ~= dangerous water's "Show Truth" options, except it has blind spots, max range, and won't pick up stationary or very slow moving boats.)
This isn't the furthest sensor though... This boat is also equipped with advanced radio decryption hardware...
4) The mod isn't based on stock TMO, it's based on optical correction for larger resolutions.

P.S.: thanks for testing!

Last edited by qiaoyech; 08-15-16 at 09:57 PM.
qiaoyech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 10:32 PM   #152
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Perhaps I should clarify about the hydrophones not working. I've intentionally let DDs detect me so I can evade and destroy them. They are picked up on the map (I do use map contact updates), but when I go to the hydrophone station and look for them with it, I hear nothing, at any depth or speed. Not even my own engines.
Old 08-15-16, 10:47 PM   #153
qiaoyech
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Reed View Post
Perhaps I should clarify about the hydrophones not working. I've intentionally let DDs detect me so I can evade and destroy them. They are picked up on the map (I do use map contact updates), but when I go to the hydrophone station and look for them with it, I hear nothing, at any depth or speed. Not even my own engines.
I did use the hydrophone, but don't remember using them in TMO. I wonder whether the hydrophone station uses the less capable WCA hydrophones? I'll test it as soon as I have time to play again.
Old 08-16-16, 08:46 PM   #154
Travis Reed
Planesman

IIRC the JT hydrophone adds a head to the deck of the fleet boats (similar to the German KDB). Technically, even the WCA hydrophone has heads, they are just located under the boat on fleet boats.

I never got that deep into modding for SH3/4, so I wouldn't know precisely what to look for, but I do know that, from a code standpoint, objects in games (and other programs) tend to have properties or functions that interact with or depend on other objects. In this case, the hydrophone class (programming terminology, run away!) may be looking for a property or function located on an instance of the JT/WCA head. If said instance does not exist on the boat, then the hydrophone class won't work right with that sensor. If there are no valid hydrophone heads present, it will cause an error. Depending on how it's set up to handle errors, it may or may not cause a CTD. If it does not cause a CTD, then the problem may go unnoticed until the user tries to use the hydrophones, then they probably wouldn't hear anything under any conditions.
Old 08-16-16, 09:22 PM   #155
qiaoyech
Watch

Just tested it. Booted up battle of midway mission with interceptor and immediately went to sonar station. got loud engine noise at 000.

So there's no bug from this mod. (See the new image posted @ http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5026) Maybe a conflict?
Old 08-16-16, 10:00 PM   #156
Travis Reed
Planesman

Unlikely a conflict as I only have TMO, the small patch, OTC + scope, and Interceptor. I was using it in a campaign, not a mission.

Any ETA on the new version?
Old 08-16-16, 11:04 PM   #157
qiaoyech
Watch

it's possible that NSS Shark contains some assets that's not in the archive.
Try this:
uninstall Interceptor_TMO and Interceptor_Base
Install NSS Shark_Base only
Install Interceptor_Base, then Interceptor_TMO.

If it's not that, I don't know. Sometimes JSGME may not recover some files. You could try a fresh 1.5 install.

P.S.: It's likely this weekend. I also want to add in a clickable speed dial.
Old 08-17-16, 10:22 PM   #158
Travis Reed
Planesman

Problem seems to have sorted itself out. I did not add the Shark (I don't have it).
Old 08-18-16, 10:34 AM   #159
Klaus
Officer

Downloads: 614

interceptor was never included into campaign, i've tried to make my own files, it works somehow but fails after few missions
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-16, 04:23 PM   #160
Travis Reed
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
interceptor was never included into campaign, i've tried to make my own files, it works somehow but fails after few missions
Are you using either RFB or TMO 2.5? Have you followed the installation instructions?

AFAIK this updated Interceptor is not added to the vanilla campaign. It was only designed to be added to either the RFB or TMO 2.5 campaign.
Old 08-19-16, 02:35 PM   #161
Klaus
Officer

Downloads: 614

thanks
where can i find latest campaign files, please
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 03:31 PM   #162
Travis Reed
Planesman

The RFB campaign files for this updated Interceptor should be in Interceptor_RFB, while the TMO campaign files should be in Interceptor_TMO.

Did you not follow the link that qiaoyech posted a page or so ago to get the updated Interceptor?
Old 09-12-16, 06:41 PM   #163
Travis Reed
Planesman

@qaioyech: How's the new version coming? Additionally, I'd like to call your attention here. It seems that there are people looking for Silverwolf's mods and many links are dead. If you have copies of Silverwolf's versions left, it might be nice to upload them to the downloads section so others can more easily find them.

Last edited by Travis Reed; 09-12-16 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Swapped 'g' for proper 'q'...
Travis Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-16, 10:07 AM   #164
mildlymenacingmeem
Swabbie

Downloads: 96
Default A nice looking submarine but...

... whenever I start a mission with it I get an error saying: There is no button in orders' bar for the 'Ability-NuclearTech' special ability. This repeats itself 3 times after pressing OK. After that another error comes up saying: There is no button in orders' bar for the 'Ability-ModernSonorOperator' special ability. This repeats itself 3 times after pressing OK.

I am certain I haven't listed the mods incorrectly, see this picture: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img924/3294/RartFR.png

Is there a way to fix this? I am not a modder so I haven't tried fixing this on my own.
mildlymenacingmeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-17, 08:04 PM   #165
qiaoyech
Watch

Updated against FoRS beta. Will now only target this new platform...

As for the missing icon please see my comment in the download thread.