SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-08-08, 10:13 PM   #1
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
{REL} Nuke Boats for 1.5 UBM

Nuke boats has been updated for 1.5UBM . I know its taken awhile to get this done (for those that requested it) but it hasn't been high on the priority list. At least its done now.

Readme follows:

Titanium Nuke Boats 1.5 for SH4 v1.5 UBM
By Captain Haplo
Release Date: 03/08/08
about:
This is for all those wanting a NEARLY indestructable Nuke sub. Be warned - this throws realism out the window!If you want more realism - try one of the excellent mods like Real Fleet Boats or Trigger Maru.
This small mod changes the operational characteristics of the Gato, Balao, IX, IXD2 and XVIII class subs to resemble that of a 688 or Seawolf/Virginia. Additionally it changes the Porposie, S18, Salmon, Sargo, Tambor, Gar and Narwhal to resemble Sturgeon class Subs. It DOES NOT change their appearance, or their armament/sensors in ANY way. No Mark 46's, no super sonar/hydrophone/towed array, but you still have a deck gun (or 2)!
You will also need to play SH4 with "limited Oxygen" turned OFF! If you leave it turned on - your air scrubbers dont work!
This mod gives the Gato class subs an operational speed of 36 knots, while the Balao, IX, IXD2 and XVIII get 42 knots. All subs now have a range of almost 10 million miles at top speed - both submerged or surfaced. In addition, crush depth has been increased to 1200+ feet and 1300+ feet for the US boats as well. The German vessels have hulls rated to 600, 650 and 700 meters respectively. The remaining boats have a speed of 29 knots and a crush depth around 800 feet. Crush speed has been severely reduced. Additionally - all hulls are armored tremendously. The other change made was to increase MBT flooding so that you can still go from surfaced to fully submerged in a reasonable time. In this release - at full speed that is ~ 20 seconds.
Note - the type XVIII Walther engine is now a true beast, it will allow your type XVIII to travel at 70 knots! Range on the fuel for the Walther is ~ 10,000 km. Due to the speed this engine produces - you would be well advised to NOT use it when trying to "automate" navigation.
One side effect of this mod is that at the higher speeds now possible you may go past your desired depth setting and then automatically correct back to it - be it a dive or rise. This is unavoidable due to the speed your boat now has! However, the MBT flooding speed has been tweaked to minimize this.
Note early I did say NEARLY indestructable. Currently - your sub now has roughly the same armor as a Iowa class BB - meaning only a heck of a hit from the really big guns, or a circle-runner that impacts you - is going to cause any damage. Between the armor you have, and the "hitpoints" your hull now has, you can be sunk, but you might have to surface in a battle group and match their course and speed and then go to dinner to have it happen.....

Installation:
Place the Nuke Boats 1.5 folder in your Mods folder and then using JSGME,enable it. You can apply this with other mods - but do it as the last one you enable that touches the sub .sim and .zon files. Have JSGME overwrite the existing files with these.
Dedication: As this was originally released on Memorial Day weekend - I want to use this small opportunity to remind those that enjoy this (In the US at least) - our freedoms have been bought with great sacrifice - so to those on eternal patrol or resting vigilent elsewhere - Thank You.
Credits:
While I made the changes myself - it was done with the knowledge gleaned from the writings of MANY modders in the subsim.com mod forum. Without the work and testing of others, this would not have been able to be made. To many to name individually, but just check that forum and you will find them.
Additionally - special credit must be given to TIMETRAVELLER for the MiniTweaker program, and to NVDRIFTER for his work creating the tweakfiles initially used. Great Credit must also be given to SKWAS for Silent 3ditor - Without these three individuals, alot of mods would not be out. Also credit to JSCones for JSGME.
Disclaimer:
This mod is given to the public at large. The original files are copyrighted by Ubi, Ubisoft et al, and remain their property. No warranty is made concerning the use of these files. In plain english - Use at your own risk.
Licensing: Any GNU'ws is good GNU'ws! You download it - you can use it or change it to fit your own style. Just make sure you include this readme (Unchanged) as a base and then create your own to give credit to anyone else who was involved. It may not, however, be used in any way for a profit without my written consent - and don't ask!
Rev Changes:
1.0 - initial release - Gato and Balao class mod only
1.1 - Porposie, S18, Salmon, Sargo and Tambor modded
1.2 - Added Narwhal. Also adjusted internal armor for compartments on all subs. Increased horsepower rating for all submarines.
1.3/1.4 Internal tests for UBM
1.5 - UBM compatible version - added Type IX, IXD2 and XVIII with changes noted above

Download from:

http://www.mybloop.com/captainhaplo/Nuke_Boats_1_5.rar and enjoy.

Captain Haplo

Last edited by CaptainHaplo; 04-09-08 at 07:01 PM.
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-08, 11:13 PM   #2
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75

try mybloop.com to host it

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-08, 12:57 AM   #3
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18
Default host

plenty of space on filefront.com, that's where I am. I'm working on the mk 48 torp so as to give it a longer body.
k

http://hosted.filefront.com/keltos01
keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-08, 07:00 PM   #4
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Thanks SWDW! File is now hosted.

Captain Haplo
Old 07-24-15, 09:48 PM   #5
TheSandman
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but I recently finally found a copy of SH4 with the U-Boat add-on for dirt cheap. I loved screwing around with the 1.4 version of the Nuke Boats mod (I still have a copy of the original stored away), but unfortunately the link provided for the 1.5 version is long dead. Does anyone have a copy that they could send over to me?
TheSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-16, 06:39 PM   #6
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

I'm only like over a year late - but I still have the mod available. Let me know if anyone still wants it.

Captain Haplo
Old 09-05-16, 08:08 PM   #7
TheSandman
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

I'd still love to see it.
TheSandman is offline   Reply With Quote