SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-31-14, 09:22 AM   #91
blackcan
Gunner

Downloads: 93
Uploads: 0

I can't use this mod. Everytime i start SH3 it crashes "Silenthunter3.exe doesn't work anymore"
blackcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 05:37 AM   #92
kilzima
Swabbie

Downloads: 38

I got one problem. My radio man icon doesn't have the 'read radio report option" just the gramophone, sonar and report contacts. Basically what im saying is that i cant read my radio messages, and would love to be able to with this mod. any advice?
kilzima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 07:37 AM   #93
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitednate View Post
I actually tried editing the UZO.tga file in Corel paint shop but I am far from experienced in terms of doing this effectively. After dabbling around a little bit with this free trial of Corel paint shop, I was actually able to change the bright white portions on the right to a red color and also then changed the surrounding too bright gray metallic textures to a darker gray. It seemed like I had my wishes fulfilled, but when testing in game, this whitish glow appeared around the edge of the lense field of view. Also all of these what appeared to be lense scratches appeared in the field of view as well. None of these are in the original Conus UZO. It's probable this is because I didn't use the program's tools nearly as effectively as an experience modder would.

Any experienced modders out there that might want to help make this UZO more useful for night attacks ?? The surrounding area is just so bright. And it's not like the Germans had light sources on the bridge when conducting night surface attacks.

PS. I truly love this widescreen mod and am not trying to denigrate in any way the extremely hard work of the individual who brought this masterpiece to us.
I don't know Corel Paint, but I would recommend Paint.NET, which is free, downloadable, and full-featured. I know it will handle SH3 Targa files correctly.

Do you understand what alpha channels are and how to edit them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilzima View Post
I got one problem. My radio man icon doesn't have the 'read radio report option" just the gramophone, sonar and report contacts. Basically what im saying is that i cant read my radio messages, and would love to be able to with this mod. any advice?
Kilzima, I'm kinda confused as to what you are referring to. Neither stock SH3, GWX3, nor NYGM3.6F has an on-screen icon for "Read radio messages." All of them use the "M" hotkey to switch to the Radio Messages screen, where you can select and read radio messages sent and received. That is also true for GWX3 with Conus' SH3GWXWS 2.3.

Last edited by BigWalleye; 02-03-15 at 08:12 AM.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 03:19 PM   #94
kilzima
Swabbie

Downloads: 38

Ok maybe it was just called "radio messages" but in my old gui which was stock GWX 3.0 that's exactly how I did it, tapped (clicked) my radio man on the shoulder, click "radio messages" and bam. I have never used a hotkey to get to my radio messages, then again I'm only 3 weeks into SH3 GWX and still tweaking it a lot. I thought I tried all the hot keys but I'll make sure when I get home tonight to check the M key... I'll prob feel like a fool.
kilzima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 04:41 PM   #95
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilzima View Post
Ok maybe it was just called "radio messages" but in my old gui which was stock GWX 3.0 that's exactly how I did it, tapped (clicked) my radio man on the shoulder, click "radio messages" and bam. I have never used a hotkey to get to my radio messages, then again I'm only 3 weeks into SH3 GWX and still tweaking it a lot. I thought I tried all the hot keys but I'll make sure when I get home tonight to check the M key... I'll prob feel like a fool.
In order to do what you describe, you must activate the GWX - Integrated Orders mod. Then you get the Radio Messages icon in the Radio Operator orders group. GWX - Integrated Orders is one of the addon mods that come with GWX3.0. The "M" hoikey will still work with GWX - Integrated Orders.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-15, 02:11 AM   #96
utops
Planesman

Downloads: 202
Nuke

Ugh i hate problem with mods and here i go again. Installed this mod worked like a charm,but i don't know why now i've got periscope reticle and uzo reticle to the right.

Again,yesterday everything works like it should. How to fix this?

Sunday lazy sunday should be mellow and full of tonage, but instead of that i've got buckets of frustation.

Edit:
It fix itself...
I don't get it.
utops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-15, 02:12 AM   #97
Akula
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 56

Apologies if I overlooked this information but is this compatible with Integrated Orders and Open Hatch?
Akula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 07:36 PM   #98
Mattman[CDN]
Swabbie

Downloads: 33
Default WOW

Just getting back into SH3 GWX and this looks Amazing thanks for your efforts!!
Old 12-24-15, 09:09 PM   #99
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Quote:
Originally Posted by iblitz View Post
Great job! Just finished editing to get it working with FM's Interior and the Super Turm mod.....
What did you edit to get it working with them? And can you share it with us?

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 02:27 PM   #100
Mattman[CDN]
Swabbie

Downloads: 33
Default It works But....

I got this working but had to disable all active mods then just enable this , deleted the original sh3 movie , changed the X axis from 1360 to 1366 by editing the D3D9 file not the dll file , was wondering if this file can overite other mods or is there a order of operations I have missed someware
My system is Acer E15 A4 APU 1.8 Ghz with R3 graphics 1024mb reserved , win 10 home , 16GB Gskill sadly single channel mem contoller , 240 GB ssd

Last edited by Mattman[CDN]; 12-28-15 at 02:48 PM.
Mattman[CDN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-16, 05:16 PM   #101
Kumando
Commodore

Downloads: 283

Does anyone know how can i install a free camera mode on bridge without messing up the periscopes in this mod?
Kumando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-16, 05:46 PM   #102
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

May try with S3D

Last edited by ivanov.ruslan; 02-29-16 at 06:06 PM.
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-16, 10:06 PM   #103
Kumando
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanov.ruslan View Post
May try with S3D
Could you do it?
Old 03-01-16, 05:16 AM   #104
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

I hope it's http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=d2b27e2b64
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-16, 11:22 AM   #105
Kumando
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanov.ruslan View Post
It works, thank you so much mate.

Last edited by Kumando; 03-01-16 at 12:36 PM.