SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Silent Depth
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-17-16, 03:21 PM   #1
Wojtek94
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default Opinions about this game

What do you think about Silent Depth? I don't have time to test it...:/
Wojtek94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-16, 11:12 AM   #2
Sung
Developer

Downloads: 6
Default What others say.

Hi Wojtek
its hard to judge about the own work. But maybe it helps what others say.

Apple:
Customer Reviews
Finally a true submarine sim on iOS

by Gorfleck *****
If you are a fan of sub sims, this should be an instant purchase for you. The sim is missing some of the features you would have in a pc sim, such as manual targeting. However, this sim is light years ahead of anything else you will find on iOS. To me, this sim is reminiscent of Silent Service 2, and that's a good thing.

Love it

by 6484892746 *****
Still need to fix some bug issues. Would like to resume back to the game when you need to close the app for text or phone. Also some times when you go to the saved game it won't work multiple black screens. But I do enjoy the game. Glad I bought it

Android

Vol Dan *****
Real Subsim-Simulator! This is the most advanced and best Subsim-Simulator you can get on your smartphone! It has the real silent hunter spirit! Well done guys!

Check It also on toucharcade a very big apple game community
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=298234

SILENT DEPTH the submarine simulation for your mobile device
www.silentdepth.com
https://www.facebook.com/silentdepth/

Silent Depth Manual
Sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 03:06 AM   #3
agathosdaimon
Planesman

Downloads: 142

i got this a few days ago - it is very much reminiscent of silent service 2 but with better graphics. i have been playing it so far on normal difficulty and it is a little too easy i find, for finding and sinking a tonne of ships - if you do find yourself being depth charged it can be a decent challenge as destroyers can come back round for their attack run again often quicker than i can maneuver out of the danger zone.

I would though like to some more aggressive destroyer tactics such as them firing at me when i am at periscope depth - this was something in silent service which i found made it more of challenge and made it more risky to fire torpedoes down the pipe at oncoming destroyer - also destroyers dont seem to do anything to swerve out of the way of torpedoes coming directly at them and very visibly so,

i haven't played it on hard yet, but i would think some of these things should be on normal at least

Overall though it is decent and i am sure more updates will be on the way.

It has a war patrol campaign which is good, but unlike Silent Service series it has no historical scenarios included, i think it would be good to have these also.

I also think it needs a few extra sound effects such as the quintessential sonar ping of surface ships on the hunt.
agathosdaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-17, 07:31 PM   #4
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter

Downloads: 164

Awful.

Don't waste your money like I did. It's one of the worst games esp for the price.

It's truly terrible. Poor graphics. Little gameplay. Controls are not designed with touch in mind, it's an abortion of a game.

If I could get my money back I would.
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-17, 04:12 AM   #5
Sung
Developer

Hello Elphaba

I'm one of the developer of the game.
Thank you for your opinion but it sounds not very trueley.
We got hundreds of very nice comments about the game and we work further on it to improve all parts.

I think your only opinion is to damage the game and us.

Your comment is really not fair.

Tell us your name and account and you get your money back. No problem.

Sincerely

Chris

www.silentdepth.com

Silent Depth Manual
Old 01-21-17, 04:17 AM   #6
Sung
Developer

What others say!

Apple iTunes:

Please be so kind to give us feedback and let us know when there are any issues. Bad ratings don't help and often there will be a solution. We love to hear from you!

by Master Gamer 6969
I love this game. I grew up in the age of the great Microprose games like F-15 Strike Eagle, Airborne Ranger, and especially Silent Service. Silent Service was an awesome submarine simulator on my C-64 which I played years ago, and Silent Depth give me a second chance to prowl the oceans looking for enemy ships. I think the graphics are great, but it's the gameplay that stands out to me. Go on a war patrol and slowly maneuver your sub to within striking distance of some unsuspecting enemy ship. Unleash your torpedo's and then sneak away as your enemy explodes and then sinks beneath the surface. If your not good enough you'll be hunted down, but that's part of the cat and mouse strategy of submarine warfare. I'm having a great time playing Silent Depth, and I look forward to many more hours of gameplay. Bravo!

Finally a true submarine sim on iOS

by Gorfleck
If you are a fan of sub sims, this should be an instant purchase for you. The sim is missing some of the features you would have in a pc sim, such as manual targeting. However, this sim is light years ahead of anything else you will find on iOS. To me, this sim is reminiscent of Silent Service 2, and that's a good thing.

Love it

by 6484892746
Still need to fix some bug issues. Would like to resume back to the game when you need to close the app for text or phone. Also some times when you go to the saved game it won't work multiple black screens. But I do enjoy the game. Glad I bought it

by Dan
Real Subsim-Simulator! This is the most advanced and best Subsim-Simulator you can get on your smartphone! It has the real silent hunter spirit! Well done guys!

www.silentdepth.com

Silent Depth Manual
Old 01-21-17, 06:33 AM   #7
agathosdaimon
Planesman

I have been playing the game a fair bit, it is a good take on doing an updated version of SS2, i think the normal difficulty at present is a little too easy and the hard setting is way too hard (ships have infinite view range and spot you straightaway even if you are outside the indicated visibility ranges) but it is definitely worth any subsimmers time and i expect future updates to address some of the current imbalances
Old 01-21-17, 06:40 AM   #8
agathosdaimon
Planesman

when might the next update be on the way? i want to get back to playing it but the issues i mention put me off for now - i have been playing crash dive just for comparison and although i thinnk silent depth is more of the sim here and crash dive mmore arcadey, crash dive has a more complex ai in regard to destroyer behaviour - destroyers dont automatically see me, - the start their search only after i start attacking -(either i sink a ship or a ship spots a torpedo in the water and even then the destroyer has to ping me on its sonar - also when destroyers come for me in crash dive they zig zag so it is hard to torpedo them until they are very close)
Old 01-22-17, 06:06 AM   #9
Xaron
Ensign

Downloads: 0

Elphaba you could have just sent me a mail and would have got your money instantly back. But well. You took the public route, so just send me your paypal account, so I can refund you. Get a drink of that money and just forget this ****ty game. I know complainers like you. You would even complain if it's for free. Actually I feel sorry for you, what a waste of time...

agathosdaimon, I agree. Destroyer behavior is going to change with the coming update which we work on. Due to the still part time work on this it's hard to estimate when it will go online.
Xaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-17, 02:11 AM   #10
agathosdaimon
Planesman

okay great, i look forward to the next update!
Old 01-26-17, 02:50 PM   #11
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter

Downloads: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaron View Post
Elphaba you could have just sent me a mail and would have got your money instantly back. But well. You took the public route, so just send me your paypal account, so I can refund you. Get a drink of that money and just forget this ****ty game. I know complainers like you. You would even complain if it's for free. Actually I feel sorry for you, what a waste of time...

agathosdaimon, I agree. Destroyer behavior is going to change with the coming update which we work on. Due to the still part time work on this it's hard to estimate when it will go online.
It was on the App Store so no refunds.

You and 'Sung' might think I'm trolling, but honestly I'm not. I've been playing submarine games consistently since Silent Steel in the mid 90's.

I've owned every Silent Hunter game from 3 onwards, and have great fun in Sub Command and Dangerous Waters.

However you game (on iOS) was sorely - and I use the word loosely - optimised for a touch screen, with very small, fiddly controls that were not finger optimised - and I say this as a game and iOS dev.

The gameplay was simplistic, the graphics, poor and not retina (fuzziness is the dead giveaway) and I'm guessing it's because it was a PC port?

I've watched, waited and constantly went to and fro on whether to buy it or not, and desperate for a good mobile sub game, I took the plunge and within 3 minutes was utterly disappointed and annoyed.

So, I can't speak to the people who have paid and given you praise, but I doubt very many have the experience with the top flight 'sub sim' games than I and I'm not convinced that your visibly desperate need to post 'good' reviews says more about your own anxieties with the game and insecurities than it does any false notions of trolling on my part.
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 02:45 AM   #12
Xaron
Ensign

Downloads: 0

Hey Elphaba, I know you're not a troll. A troll would have just created a new account but you were so brave to use your real one so actually I really appreciate that! You have balls. Well at least virtually, dunno if that's for real as well. HA!

Do you have any examples for a good sub sim game on iOS? What do you mean with "top flight sub sims"? Seriously I would love to see how others have done the UI. Actually our game is not a PC port, it was thought to be done directly for touch devices and not PC. Making this for PC would have made things much much easier.

Personally I think a phone screen below 6" is simply to little to play this game. Should probably be a tablet. I know that the UI is not perfect and often you get used to stuff during development which is why we love to get feedback.

As you're an iOS dev too, could you be so kind to show some examples of your games?

Regarding the refund: Please send me your PayPal address and you will get your money back.
Xaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 05:04 AM   #13
Sung
Developer

...experience with the top flight 'sub sim' games than I and I'm not convinced that your visibly desperate need to post 'good' reviews says more about your own anxieties with the game and insecurities than it does any false notions of trolling on my part.

Very strange

...I say this as a game and iOS dev.

Ok lets go and show us your work. I always open to learn

You say you love sub command and DW? This would be very funny to play on a smartphone ( very small, fiddly controls that were not finger optimised - and I say this as a game and iOS dev.)

Elphaba. I'm really sorry that we didn't make SH6 in a modern scenario as small developer team. Sorry for this. We give you your wasted money back no problem. Take it and wrote a game that you like. And i promise i will buy it and try it.

www.silentdepth.com

Silent Depth Manual
Old 02-03-17, 04:20 AM   #14
agathosdaimon
Planesman

Elphaba - did you play the Silent Service games? i think Silent Depth is more following in the tradition of those than say Silent Hunter or Sub Command.

I dont think Silent Depth is perfect, but i am hopeful with the coming updates for it.

There is not much to go on for mobile sub games, I have been playing some Crash Dive of late, but it is more arcade like, though fun in its own way.

It is understandable that Silent Depth may not meet what you are looking for or hoping for in a sub sim, and i would regard myself as no pro, more casual with sub games, with a penchant for the older ones more than the newer ones.
Old 02-03-17, 09:24 AM   #15
Sung
Developer

The next update will be huge.
Xaron can say more about it.

cheers!

Chris

www.silentdepth.com