Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-05-12, 02:48 PM   #31
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Boardwalk Empire is going to be back after this season of True Blood...so say in about 10 weeks or so.
That's good. I really didn't enjoy the first season of Boardwalk Empire, but the second was one of the TV highlights of the last year. I think every problem I had with it was remedied. I'm glad I stuck with it.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 10:32 PM   #32
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW, YOU HEAR ME!?

Haha.... No, seriously, Walking Dead = dumb. The idiots in the show never do anything except proclaim "He can't protect you, only I can protect you" over and over and over. Great line for a drinking game.

And no one in the show does a single smart thing: no one gets a safe perimeter set up with 10' fencing and reinforced posts, though they have weeks to do it. No one rounds up a couple of bulldozers with reinforced, enclosed cabins. Though they have weeks to do it. Where are the 4x4 trucks with supplies and ammo? Dumb. They argue over 'who's the daddy', one of the most stale plot devices ever, and so very out of place in a world of zombies, hostile bands of people, and end of the world stuff. Boring!! And when they disagree, they get in fistfights in the middle of the zombies. Dumb! In the finale, they fight zombies in the morning for an hour, jump in TWO cars with empty fuel tanks, then stop on the side of the road to camp so they camp so they can "save gas" and get more in the morning? What?? WTH? It's like 10 am in the morning, and where are they that another gas station isn't like 12 miles away?? And what difference does it make if they wait 18 hours for dawn, they still have the same amount of gas in the fuel tank? Are they "safe" there? Hell, no...lol. But it's a great place for one guy to tell his group he's in charge and is their dictator. Oh god, it's so funny.

Yeah, it's a great show, in a MST3K kind of way, Mookie. Sorry

The Walking Dead - The Metacontextual Edition

Quote:
Audience: Wow, that was incredible! We've never seen a show convey the killing of a zombie as an act of compassion so well before. We didn't expect to be put in a position of sympathy for a zombie. This series is going to be great!
2 eps later

Quote:
Audience: No... no... no... Why is this all turning to ----? This is nothing like the first episode... all our hopes are crumbling around us...

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 06-05-12 at 11:43 PM. Reason: typo
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 10:42 PM   #33
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 11:08 PM   #34
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

^ Haha The "iron" throne. Love it that someone took that literally. Great find Gargamel
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 11:45 PM   #35
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

(spoilers, be warned)
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 04:05 AM   #36
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Haha.... No, seriously, Walking Dead = dumb.
I agree. Watched it until episode 3-4 of the 2nd season and couldn't bear it anymore.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 01:04 AM   #37
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81

SOB

SOB

DAMN YOU GRR MARTIN!!!

just finished the last book.

DAMN YOU!

no update on the next one in his website.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 06:09 PM   #38
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

It's a bit like that. Can't wait for the Winds of Winter myself. Here's hoping he finishes it soon
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 04:34 PM   #39
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Found these today and thought they were quite interesting.
She goes over the history of all the great houses of Westeros.

!!! There be some foul language and some spoilers !!!

Game of Thrones: Epic History: The Targaryens:

Game of Thrones: Epic History: LANNISTERS: p1/2 Tytos and Tywin:

Game of Thrones: Epic History: LANNISTERS. p2/2. Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion & Joffrey Baratheon:

That's all she has done so far.
Old 05-02-13, 11:15 PM   #40
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Haha.... No, seriously, Walking Dead = dumb. The idiots in the show never do anything except proclaim "He can't protect you, only I can protect you" over and over and over. Great line for a drinking game.

And no one in the show does a single smart thing: no one gets a safe perimeter set up with 10' fencing and reinforced posts, though they have weeks to do it. No one rounds up a couple of bulldozers with reinforced, enclosed cabins. Though they have weeks to do it. Where are the 4x4 trucks with supplies and ammo? Dumb. They argue over 'who's the daddy', one of the most stale plot devices ever, and so very out of place in a world of zombies, hostile bands of people, and end of the world stuff. Boring!! And when they disagree, they get in fistfights in the middle of the zombies. Dumb! In the finale, they fight zombies in the morning for an hour, jump in TWO cars with empty fuel tanks, then stop on the side of the road to camp so they camp so they can "save gas" and get more in the morning? What?? WTH? It's like 10 am in the morning, and where are they that another gas station isn't like 12 miles away?? And what difference does it make if they wait 18 hours for dawn, they still have the same amount of gas in the fuel tank? Are they "safe" there? Hell, no...lol. But it's a great place for one guy to tell his group he's in charge and is their dictator. Oh god, it's so funny.

Yeah, it's a great show, in a MST3K kind of way, Mookie. Sorry

Wow! Somebody I can agree with!

I hate the Walking Dead. I watched it expecting some zombie apocalypse action but they've probably only killed 20 zombies in the whole series. WTH!?!

MOAR ZOMBIE KILLING PLZ!
Old 05-02-13, 11:36 PM   #41
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post

I hate the Walking Dead. I watched it expecting some zombie apocalypse action but they've probably only killed 20 zombies in the whole series. WTH!?!

MOAR ZOMBIE KILLING PLZ!
The Telltale Games RPG looks a lot better
Old 05-03-13, 11:09 AM   #42
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post

MOAR ZOMBIE KILLING PLZ!
Ah, a real expert speaking...
Maybe you watch it first and safe your silly claims for afterwards?
Additionally, TWD is not about killing zombies, it is not a splatter series, it is a drama series.
Old 05-03-13, 11:40 AM   #43
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Ah, a real expert speaking...
Maybe you watch it first and safe your silly claims for afterwards?
Additionally, TWD is not about killing zombies, it is not a splatter series, it is a drama series.
Drama series set in zombie apocalypse. Much of what I saw of it (season 1 + 3-4 eps of season 2)
showed it to be little more than 'The Bold and the Beautiful'.

That's just my opinion of course.
Old 05-03-13, 12:07 PM   #44
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Indeed, Dowly, indeed.
But it is officially a drama series and the point is not smashing heads in. Still, I can't see where RedOctober got the idea from that there is not enough action.

Last edited by Nippelspanner; 05-03-13 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Misinterpretation
Old 05-03-13, 04:17 PM   #45
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Indeed, Dowly, indeed.
But it is officially a drama series and the point is not smashing heads in. Still, I can't see where RedOctober got the idea from that there is not enough action.
I saw the commercial and I saw action. I figured I'd watch it. I actually watched the first two seasons and couldn't stand it. There is too much drama. Even though it is classified as a drama show, there needs to be more "actually surviving the zombies" instead of pissing away their time doing pointless things.

I'd just much rather watch Dawn of the Dead, Zombieland or some other zombie movie. I even saw the crappy Syfy Zombie Apocalypse and i thought it was better than TWD.

Tags
game of thrones, thrones