SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-15, 10:11 PM   #1
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default Red Star - A WitE PBEM AAR

Now that I've slightly belatedly wrapped up the previous AAR, a new one can be started at once. In this exciting issue of yet-another-AAR-I'll-never-finish-and-nobody-will-ever-read, Marshal Raptov shall return to the Eastern Front to face his nemesis (or at least one of them), German General Crécy. We're playing the Grand Campaign of Gary Grigsby's absurdly complex War in the East, covering the entire Eastern Front of World War II from Opeartion Barbarossa to the end of the war, and hopefully we'll actually manage to get through the game this time.

In an effort to keep this from bogging down an already highly complicated game, and to keep the whole thing generally readable, I'll forego my usual rambling and just lay out the situation of each turn in a relatively brief manner. Any thoughts and suggestions on the current situation would be appreciated.

As always, saboteurs and counter-revolutionaries will be shot. I don't believe Crécy is making an AAR from his side, unfortunately, and I also haven't seen him around here for a while, but if anyone catches him snooping around in this thread please turn him over to SMERSH at once. And with that out of the way, I declare that the war is now officially on.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot this: Scale is 10 miles per hex and every turn one week in this game (except the first turn, which is 4 days), and units range on the scale from regiment to corps and marked according to the usual NATO symbology. Colours are pretty standard: Brown and red counters are Soviet and Soviet Guards units, grey and black are German Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS units, dark blue is Finnish, light green is Hungarian and light blue is Romanian. There are a few others but they're minor.

Last edited by Raptor1; 11-13-15 at 04:30 AM.
Raptor1 is offline   Reply With Quote