SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-01-07, 11:33 PM   #1
U-5000
Gunner

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 0
Default Need help with Mission Editor

I made a mission but its not recongnized when I go to Mp to create game. What am i not doing right. I name the title "Leyte Gulf attack on Center Force". is that all you need or what else do you put in it. Nothing in Manual on how to do this stuff and its a little different then sh3 was.
U-5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 09:56 AM   #2
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-5000
I made a mission but its not recongnized when I go to Mp to create game. What am i not doing right. I name the title "Leyte Gulf attack on Center Force". is that all you need or what else do you put in it. Nothing in Manual on how to do this stuff and its a little different then sh3 was.

Hi U-5000

Just finished up my first single mission yesterday. Its called Solomons Rush. If I'm reading your question right, you're having trouble with the game not picking up you're mission when you looking for it to play, am I correct?

cdrsubron7

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 04:53 PM   #3
U-5000
Gunner

Yes I am having trouble with that. I have found the Language Localization and now enter the mission briefing and the mission title and then hit ok but when I try the parameters and validation it says players subs could not be found but I have them in the game and checked for real players. When I put this is mission titile MP06 Leyte Gulf attacked by Center Force and using coop mode it doesn't recongnize it.
What am I doing Wrong? thanks
Old 04-02-07, 05:30 PM   #4
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-5000
Yes I am having trouble with that. I have found the Language Localization and now enter the mission briefing and the mission title and then hit ok but when I try the parameters and validation it says players subs could not be found but I have them in the game and checked for real players. When I put this is mission titile MP06 Leyte Gulf attacked by Center Force and using coop mode it doesn't recongnize it.
What am I doing Wrong? thanks

All I did was creat a folder in the Single Missions and take the two files created when I saved the mission and put the files into that folder. Went back and started SHIV and checked the Quick Mission and it was listed there. Hope this helps you out, U-5000.

cdrsubron7

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 07:43 PM   #5
mgbmike
Bosun

Downloads: 2

Not sure if this applies to your problem but in SH3 you had to name both the mission folder and the mission the same, eg. a folder with the name Battlestations used a mission title called Battlestations.mis .
If there is more than one file I would make sure all have the same name, just different extensions.
mgbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 03:47 AM   #6
shad43
Frogman

Downloads: 21

Make sure to tick the human control box in the player subs properties.
shad43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 09:54 AM   #7
U-5000
Gunner

well I now get the title to show up in the single player missions but it doesn't show a sub to play. It says unknown player. but when you validate a mission everytime it says Error: no player unit found. So when you go back to parameters theres a box to put a check mark in that says Ignore player submarines and if you check that box the validation accepts the mission. But then your submarine isn't recognized in the game. I havn't a clue what is wrong. This is nothing like what we had in sh3. Can't the Devs explain their work as this is really frustrating!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-07, 07:18 AM   #8
Binky1st
Bosun

Downloads: 1

Check out this guide for the sh3 editor it may be of some help to you

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/dominicoba...creation1.html
Binky1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 09:19 AM   #9
wingtip
A-ganger

Downloads: 10

well that guide started to look promising but the only page workin is the first page... oh well..
wingtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 10:40 AM   #10
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15

I'm sure you have already done this, but the llittle things are easy to miss: In the editor under Mission / Parameter did you tick the Multiplayer box? I would guess that has some effect when it looks for players subs. Also, In the same section you can tell it to ignore players subs when validating.

Hope this helps a wee bit.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 01:45 PM   #11
Binky1st
Bosun

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingtip
well that guide started to look promising but the only page workin is the first page... oh well..
It works fine for me, I have converted that guide for SH3 into a pdf file so if you would like it pm me

I have been working on an updated version of the converted pdf file for SH4 of the quick tutorial on that website so watch this space as they say

Last edited by Binky1st; 04-11-07 at 02:42 PM.
Binky1st is offline   Reply With Quote